All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: On the road to a successful TrueCombat update
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:53 pm 
Master
Master

yks wrote:
so no firing from confined spaces. Therefore there would be very few places on the map where you actually can shoot this thing.
I guess all those real life terrorists didn't get the memo about that eh?

iamthe202 wrote:
would counter strike and cod 4 still be the most played games had they changed its movimentation into an insurgency-lIke one?

both of these games have changed a hell of a lot since there first versions, Its not right to choose a certain version of cod, because each has been very different in its own way, just like each version of TC. As for the different styles to play the game. Fast, neutral or slow etc, I doubt even when TC was first released on quake did coroner imagine players would carry on playing like its quake... quoting from the 'what is true combat' tab here
TC wrote:
"True Combat is an action packed realism mod where big jumps, fancy strafing and fantasy weapons are no where to be seen. Expect hard fought team-based objective battles where staying alive is only the first challenge you will face."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:45 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Dim$tar wrote:
yks wrote:
so no firing from confined spaces. Therefore there would be very few places on the map where you actually can shoot this thing.
I guess all those real life terrorists didn't get the memo about that eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouScnB-F-6k
It seems so. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:15 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

That 360 turning limitation in CQB kills the gameplay... Let 0.49b be playable again (pb support, bug fixes [good bye monkey-style :roll: :P]) to bring back the old good feeling to us, then keep going forward with CQB, which many of us also like. Just don't abandon the game that got so many players addicted to. Please. Thank you for the activity.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:32 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Move to unreal already.. Use a decent
engine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:46 am 
Marksman
Marksman

iamthe202 wrote:
would counter strike and cod 4 still be the most played games had they changed its movimentation into an insurgency-lIke one?

both of these games have changed a hell of a lot since there first versions, Its not right to choose a certain version of cod, because each has been very different in its own way, just like each version of TC. As for the different styles to play the game. Fast, neutral or slow etc, I doubt even when TC was first released on quake did coroner imagine players would carry on playing like its quake... quoting from the 'what is true combat' tab here
TC wrote:
"True Combat is an action packed realism mod where big jumps, fancy strafing and fantasy weapons are no where to be seen. Expect hard fought team-based objective battles where staying alive is only the first challenge you will face."
[/quote]

Nor would adding rpgs, claymores, reviving players and sfuckinpawning (omg rly?) on team members would fit in the context you just quoted about what tce is supposed to be. I was waiting for you to ask for a temporary invisibility skill for players who carry the bomb... - sorry if I went too far on this paragraph.

I believe these quoted 'big jumps and fancy strafing' are a pure consequence of the bugs not having been fixed. Had them been fixed, we wouldn't be facing these topics, because it would've lead the game into a much more realistic combat. Bugs surely do dominate the way tce has been interpreted by ppl who judge its PPMS, but they seem to forget or to take for granted how good tce would've been with no bugs - because 90% of them are related to the movement system.

Sorry if some messages go wrong in some technical way - I'm using my phone most of the times I reply here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:12 am 
Master
Master

The things I mentioned are already used in ET one way or another, and its better to have and not need than to need and not have. One of the biggest problems TC:e had was the hard coded limitations, such as weapon calibre etc. I am not suggesting Coroner should give rpg to every player and 10 claymores each, I am just suggesting that being able to add these 'features' or make use of them for new maps would be great. And yes, TC:e is full of bugs and lets face it, a lot of players would not love the game if it didn't have those bugs to take advantage of, the bugs make 50% of the 'PPMS' in TC:e and the lack of them in CQB is probably why this debate is happening. Because players cant pwn the same way in CQB.

Personally I thought rpg and claymores would fit any further version of TC just fine, considering these would of been available in mw:tc too along with the laser sight, mini map and probably even invisibility :P . Don't get me wrong, I don't think CQB is perfect but I do think it would bring new life to TC.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:32 am 
Expert
Expert

phalz wrote:
:shock: amazing work!!

Thanks for your comment! :wink:
By the way...
Quote:
If you guys need a trainee to do all the boring work contact me, I'm an undergraduate student in CS.

What does it mean? May i guess, you are a skin/map maker for Counter Strike? How can you help us? Textures/models/maps? Dont be shy and tell something more, here or PM :oops:

Reflective glass surface on goggles
https://vimeo.com/124602289

Video quality
ULTRA HD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:35 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Yourself [PL] wrote:
phalz wrote:
:shock: amazing work!!

Thanks for your comment! :wink:
By the way...
Quote:
If you guys need a trainee to do all the boring work contact me, I'm an undergraduate student in CS.

What does it mean? May i guess, you are a skin/map maker for Counter Strike? How can you help us? Textures/models/maps? Dont be shy and tell something more, here or PM :oops:

Reflective glass surface on goggles
https://vimeo.com/124602289

Video quality
ULTRA HD

It means that I study Computer Science. I'm not working at the moment, so in my free time I'm actually doing nothing special.
Again, impressive work, are you achieving all these through modified textures?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:06 pm 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
It means that I study Computer Science. I'm not working at the moment, so in my free time I'm actually doing nothing special.

Well, totally misunderstood. For me CS always means Counter Strike :) You offer us help but what kind of help it would be?

Quote:

3 separated textures and q3 shaders.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:14 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Yourself [PL] wrote:
Quote:

Well, totally misunderstood. For me CS always means Counter Strike :) You offer us help but what kind of help it would be?

Quote:

3 separated textures and q3 shaders.

Well for now there's nothing much I can offer besides coding (?).

Anyways, I'm here to help if someone needs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:41 pm 
Expert
Expert

Hmm so can You help with these things below?
Quote:
Hi guyz,

if someone beefs up the ET engine with fast and stable features (no fancy stuff) I am back with CQB. Most can be taken from ioquake3's new renderer.

Required engine features:
*specular, normal
*z-feather
*cascaded shadow maps for direct sunlight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:47 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Yourself [PL] wrote:
Hmm so can You help with these things below?
Quote:
Hi guyz,

if someone beefs up the ET engine with fast and stable features (no fancy stuff) I am back with CQB. Most can be taken from ioquake3's new renderer.

Required engine features:
*specular, normal
*z-feather
*cascaded shadow maps for direct sunlight

May take a while. I will need to study the ET engine code and I have to check the best techniques to implement those features

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:51 pm 
Expert
Expert

Would be very very VERY VERY nice and this is the best way You can help, so make us happy :)

Edit
In my opinion You should make a contact with Coroner.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:09 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Yourself [PL] wrote:
Would be very very VERY VERY nice and this is the best way You can help, so make us happy :)

Edit
In my opinion You should make a contact with Coroner.

Not now, I don't have the knowledge to step in as a possible developer.
I did say it may take a while but It could be years.
For now, I'm not the right person to do development directly into the engine... I could be in some years but not now :cry:

I will try no matter what but don't expect a fast development :p

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:18 pm 
Expert
Expert

Anyways, good to see another open minded person.
Good luck @ digging et/etl :!:

Forgive me this video spam but i am productive today :P
https://vimeo.com/124626534

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next