All times are UTC

Post subject: Kevlar/Body Armor for Spec Ops
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:45 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't couter-terrorist units wear Kevlar or Body Armor? If they're dealing with terrorists, wouldn't they wear some kind of body protection?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:18 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I'm sure they would, but ET has no armour code, and it would be a bit of a balance issue (unless terror got blackmarket stuff.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:37 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it would make the game ridiculously unplayable because kevlar these days can withstand almost all small arms fire. that includes every pistol and rifle, except ofcourse for antiarmor and armor piercing tipped and high cal weapons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:10 am 
Expert
Expert

Sorry to revisit old topic. Please bear with me, I really like this idea.

However, if there's no way,say, to increase the hit points or whatever of the model's torso then it wouldn't be viable.

BUT....

If you can, then why not?
Shoot him in the head. Or legs, Or arms.
And who say that the Terrorists cannot have Body Armor?
Hey, remember it's a game.
We can do what we want!
Right?

So, give the Terros Body Armor too.

IMHO, this encourages more marksmanship and tactics in the game.
Nothing wrong with that.

And it doesn't have to be some mind boggling code, just make the torso take slightly less damage. Head and limbs are unprotected, so they would still seriously affect the player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:39 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

they could.. or they could use rock paper scissors balancing. e.i. tangoes wont have body armor but in turn they will have better guns they get off the blackmarket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:38 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

or, as mentioned above, if they have blackmarket acess, do black market body armour.

makes it easier I think (programing is nest sem. so I can't say.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:03 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

they wont have access to it ingame but lets just say they got the stuff off the blackmarket. As a backstory not a literal gameplay feature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:34 am 
High Master
High Master

Or how about we just stay how it is, since if both teams have body armor, you have to shoot them more. Alsom with the marksmanship thing, you are taught to shoot center mass. Which means, shoot for his gut, increases accuracy, and it's a more effective way to hit someone, if you aim for the head, lets say you have a 30% chance of hitting him, but if you aim for the torso, you have a 70% chance. So adding body armor seems like a big waste. It just seems like what you are going to have to do is make the guy hold down the button longer, and since few games actually have an effect with pain and the sudden shock of "OMG I'VE BEEN HIT!" then there is no reason for body armor, just makes you use more ammo to get that head shot or hit an arm, and since arms are less of an efficeint place to aim to get a kill, theres another reason to lose this idea, also it means people will start aiming for the testiculs, yes thats right, peoples balls. So it becomes funny to them, and not a more serious matter, so people start shooting in the balls area, and therefore, it happens more, and the seriousness of the game is lost, and nobody cares. As for shooting someone in the legs, thats worse than the arms. Legs are almost constantly moving on a battlefield, and makes them a small moving target, which is very hard to hit. So body armor is just a waste I say. Only thing I can see it doing, is the worst of a gamer killing the more serious player, the gamer gets a head shot while the serious player puts a few dents in the other guys body armor. Body armor is also bad for snipers, alot of sniper rifles can penetrate the body armor, but it has to be an almost perfect shot. And since most games do not react to pain or the body having a reflex to the shot, like dropping there gun, it's just not a good idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:27 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

hitting the arm ahould hinder their shooting capability. Usually armor cant protect the area under the arm efficiently therefore making in a vulnerable area even when wearing armor. I only pays to have a little patience and stealth to properly pull off a shot on the vulnerable areas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:59 am 
High Master
High Master

In real life Xeno, that is possible, But this is still a game, and in most games, pain does not count, and a guy dropping his gun ina game also does not happen, and if this is going to happen, why even put the body there, it takes some of the fun out of it and makes everything hard. A challenge is ok, but when you have to subject yourself to hit and miss, it's just not fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:09 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Making things hard for players will be a challenge for the players.