All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Penumbra, awesome FREE Survival Horror
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:47 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

You can find it here-----> http://frictionalgames.com/?q=penumbra
Trust me, you NEED TO PICK THIS UP.

Here's a brief overview (you'll find a better one at the link, but this is for forum purposes).....

It's (again) a unique survival-horror that I cannot seem to stop playing.
It has state-of-the-art graphics, KILLER physics (kicks the hell out of Source), and has some truely refreshing an innovative controls. More or less, the basic movements and view are as a standard first-person-shooter..... BUT, it is by no means a shooter. You have no weapons (aside from sticks of dynamite) and your interaction controls are a bit different than in a fps. For instance, when you go to open a door or slide open a drawer, you don't just press a button, no.... you actually grab ahold of it and pull it open in real-time! Say you want to open a locker (like one in the first area of the game), you walk up to it and point at it so a hand icon is displayed, then you hold down the mouse button to grab, pull the mouse towards yourself, and viola!.... your actually physically opening the locker door! I could go on and on about how realistic it is, but it's truely something to be experienced. Oh, and one last thing..... I hope your not afraid of the dark.... because this game is dark.....like can't-see-the-hand-in-front-of-your-face dark. It doesn't get scary for a while, and don't expect it to be like FEAR.... but it's creepy.... what was that? :shock: :| :? :( :cry: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:46 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yes Ive seen that two weeks ago... its a techdemo for a new engine being developed by some new company. The fluid motion is one of the things many fps games need. By fliud meaning everything moves smoothly, nothing just switches open or closed. Like in R6, fluid leaning, and in RO the fluid stance transitions like dive from run and prone. Then in R6Lockdown, fluid door opening/closing to make sure it is absolutely quiet. Theres alot more in motion that has to be changed for these games, this techdemo is just the next step closer towards "the most realistic fps game ever"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:57 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

BTW, it is a free engine open for mods. I just dont know about the file type or what editors and tools they use.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]