All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:23 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

No, that wouldn't work even if you were being serious. Spawn killers try and find a sniping point as far and safely away from the spawn points as they can.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:17 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

and thats why i say, the spawn points should be hidden in an enclosed area with more than three ways out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:26 am 
High Master
High Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
maybe any enemy caught within the spawn room (enclosure) is killed off immediately at respawn.

That sounds a bit too harsh, I can't imagine how many WTF!'s would be flying across the screen. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:18 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Have any of you played the old DOD?

They used to place turrets in the windows so if a spawn killer came around the corner to the spawn the "guy on the mg" (a turret) would mow him down. TCE could do something similair, like have a couple "bots" or turrets at each spawn. So the swat team could have a guy or two with riot shields and could be permanently fixed to the spawn point. On the terrorists team you could have a couple guys hiding behind crates, as soon as someone comes around the corner they pop up and shoot them down.

They wouldnt have to have very good AI or anything, just a permanent fixture that would point and shoot at enemy targets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:40 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

somehow the maps need to be designed in such a way that opposing forces can only reach areas where "hotspots" are suppose to be. OpFor shouldnt be able to get into the spawn area at any case. ofcourse this problem only exists with BC and CTF and therefore these gametypes should have their own maps designed to prevent spawncampers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:29 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

In Enemy Territory, maps had certain doors only Axis soldiers or only US soldiers could enter.

If this could be implemented to maps in spawn zones it may critically cut down on spawnkilling or spawn camping.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:38 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

but you also have to prevent overhead assaults from high up vantage points where for some reason people find ways to "Quake" their ways up with all sorts of ridiculous and unrealistic jumping. I dont know how some people do it they just do it. The spawn has to have more than 2 ways out and must be enclosed. The immediate vicinity around the each exit must inturn be easily defended by the owner of the spawnarea against any spawn camper, this would be in the form of high vantagepoints acessible from within the safety of the spawn area where they can shoot out at campers in safety.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:41 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Maybe there should be an area called 'The Green Zone' which lies around the area of the spawn area. If the enemy shoots a bullet while within 10 feet of the zone, automatic spawn penalty. If they keep their crosshairs in the green zone for more than 10 seconds, automatic spawn penalty...

But this is just another stupid suggestion of mine that was meant to be more humerous than serious. :roll:

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:29 am 
Master
Master

Silentcrisis wrote:
Maybe there should be an area called 'The Green Zone' which lies around the area of the spawn area. If the enemy shoots a bullet while within 10 feet of the zone, automatic spawn penalty. If they keep their crosshairs in the green zone for more than 10 seconds, automatic spawn penalty...

But this is just another stupid suggestion of mine that was meant to be more humerous than serious. :roll:

~Silentcrisis

It does make sense...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:38 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

There would still be people who attempt spawn killing.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:35 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

and thats where base defenses kick in, maybe spawnroom can have consoles with cameras that can view the outside for spawncampers, so once you go to the defense stations you know where to shoot out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:54 am 
Expert
Expert

If we're going to have the free climb system then everyone needs to be aware that their spawn point will be attacked.
The only way I can see this being defeated is if there is the continued use of automatic ROE violation killing of the player when he enters the opposing team's spawn, and/or the elimination by the mapper of adding any climbable objects in his/her map around the spawn area.

People are just much too keen to go and raid the spawn continuously.
There has to be deterrents, at the end of the day the spawn killing gets aggravating real fast and is no fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:15 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Something that annoyed me in Ersatz is that the specs have no easy way to the top of the map from their spawn. The terros have a staircase in front of them at spawn. I hope the freeclimbing thing takes care of this.

At first, I assumed that you will automatically be able to freeclimb anywhere that was just over your head, but in the next second I realized they'll probably be done just like ladders are acheived in the engine: A block labelled "ladder" in front of anything makes it a ladder. You are literally climbing up that ladder block, not the ladder's polygons itself. There'll probably (and should) be only a few places where you can freeclimb in a map. And they should be concentrated around the spawn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:57 am 
Expert
Expert

Rosso, great point. I didn't think of that.
I think now that the maps should have climbable objects inside that can only be accessed by the spawning team, but there should be no climbable objects outside that would give access to the opposing team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:33 am 
High Master
High Master

Hmm.

What about those times you need to spawnkill?

A lot of the time, a player is busy having dinner and is AFK, and you need to waltz into spawn to take him out.

Voting doesn't always work because some servers disable it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next