All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:21 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

who says it doesnt, but it rarely doesnt. I ahve been playing AvP for a very long time and the bots which are randomly placed happen to just love poping out when im not looking, so basically Im used to the idea. Plus, all that AA where enemies like to popup from the shadows when you try to reload forces you to try and not panic, because if you do yourre dead. Not all us see these games the same. The game definetely wont freak me out if I see a single lowpoly detail on what ever it is that tried to jump me.

Resident evil should come up with a better first person shooter style game this time, I never appreciated the last few.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:44 pm 
High Master
High Master

AA nor AvP are that scary, maybe go buy a good one, like EoWWIII which might I add, is really hard to find, I haven't been able to find it online, in stores nothing, like it just disappeared. :? AA does not have that atmosphere of whats around here when I turn, it's those games with alot of blood, gore, dark but few flickering lights, not games where you know exactly what to shoot at and what not to shoot at, it's those games where things are just different, like on normal ET, theres a map called Ressuerection, scariest map I have ever played on, it will make you jump more than once if it's your first time on it, it's about an Axis group of scientists who were experimenting on humans, trying to make thie ultimate soldier, and consiquently, many failed, so it's like a burial ground, lots of underground places, odd things happen, occasionally you catch glimpses of things, AA can occasionally make you jump if you aren't ready, and all of the sudden you have the enemy in your face, but not normally, it's usally more like, "oh crap, I screwed up."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:31 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

What I am saying is, because of AA, I learned to keep my cool. Even if those things were jumping me in the dark, I can kep my cool, point, and fire, and survive. Ressurection isnt scary its just ridiculously easy to get lost if yourre not looking where you were going. AvP isnt scary just jumpy, its bg music doesnt even give the atmosphere of scary only a feeling that the enemy is right there behind you, which normally they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:51 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

The scariest game I have ever played is System Shock 2. The game is outdated, but it still looks and plays pretty good. You are stuck on this huge luxury-liner spaceship called the Von Braun, all alone (no humans, that is), and a whole bunch of zombies want you outta there. The game is very dark, you only have about six shotgun shells at a time, and a big wrench to wack people. IGN called it one of the scariest game ever in there review. I had to look this up, but...they said:

"The game was scary. Damn scary. And this isn't schlocky-horror-movie-style monster-closet scary, where the bogeyman jumps out at you when you least expect it. Shock 2 projected pure psychological terror."

And ya know what? It's available for free online, because the studios that created it went under because of dev costs. Abandonware goodness!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:09 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

sounds good, where can I get it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:56 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Search for it at http://www.the-underdogs.info/. They don't allow direct linking, so I have to do this. There has been some questions about the site's legality, but if it was illegal, the gov would swoop down. It's a one game per day limit too.

Jeez, i forgot the best (and scariest) part of the game, SHODAN. She's a supercomputer that watches you during the entire game, and she sounds really freaky sounding. She's on the game's cover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:11 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Resident evil should come up with a better first person shooter style game this time, I never appreciated the last few.

they allready did, its kinda arcadish though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:45 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I mean a better one than that. Probably focusing alot more in scarying you and the storyline instead of just mass masacre of the already dead. They could try giving it a feeling and story based atmosphere similar to FEAR, which reminds me FEAR and RE have quite similar plots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:55 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

call of duty, UO on veteran with CG_draw2d 0 and a realism mod. war is scarier than aliens, zombies or anything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:58 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it wrote:
call of duty, UO on veteran with CG_draw2d 0 and a realism mod. war is scarier than aliens, zombies or anything else.

beehhhhhhh....

fighting against real humans wont give me the creeps,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:01 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

untill you see them mowed down like grass with gore everywhere from teh MG-42, and the half-charred, blood-soaked body of your comrade after he was struck by a shell... then you wade through ankle-deep mud in the trench trying to find your CO and tell him what happened.

it's not the people, it's the aura. taking a beautiful place, and turning it into hell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:09 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

dragon, once yourre in the real thing like the trench wars or WWI or the beaches of WWII, youll take back what you said. Dont even compare modern war to any war before the gulfwar. Wars these days a ridiculous and mostly fought by missiles and aircraft and large high calibre naval guns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:41 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

No More Room in Hell website - No More Room in Hell is an unreleased modification of Half life 2. It will feature a team of human players cooperating against a team of NPC (Non Player Character) zombies, It has been in development for several years and will most likely release in the near future (summer 2006).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2