All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:39 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

And when you get flashed with a camera, there's always that momentary black spot that floats in your eye for a good minute. Those things are annoying.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:45 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

seeing spots huh. thus I dont like my picture getting taken at any time. hence you will often see me look away or attack the one with the camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:46 am 
Master
Master

flyhead(cn) wrote:
play ravenshield.

LOL...The flash is so real in ravenshield that it makes me laugh just thinking about it... You got to play RVS to understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:16 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

RS6.. well I tried lockdown, and they throw really stupic. Flash and frag themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:12 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Lockdown is shit in its entirity. Raven Shield is by far the best and probably the closest thing to real as you can get. That is if you get it for computer and not console. :roll:

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:20 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it isnt hard to get it for pc. the public library here in toronto even has copies of it for borrowing.

Post subject: Re: vision after flashbang
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:07 am 
High Master
High Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
i notice that after bieng hit a flashband (since ive been hit all the time, ever since counter strike) isnt it tru that after you get hit, you dont get your vision backas clear as it was before? so, maybe after a few minutes, your vision should be back to normal, but before that, shouldnt you have blurry vision? (you can still see, but every thing is a blur) can someone prove if this fact is fact or fiction.

Yeah, you basically go into almost sheer panic, and your eyes then start to function incorrectly after that, it's like looking into an arc welder for more than 10 seconds, it goes very white, you start seeing the spots from like the sun, and then even true with welders, once your sight comes back, it is extremely blury, your eyes are very watery, very red and bloodshot, and you get a massive headache, also true with looking into a normal extemely bright light for more than you should, if ti happens too much, your retena's get burned, and eventually you will go blind if it happens too much, so I think, after like you take 3 flash bangs, your sight should never come back. As for the sound, some peoples ears bleed, ear drums explode, your hearing is gone more than you sight, and another thing true about FB's, sometimes it's not necasarily white, but sometimes people black out, usually once it goes black, you will never see anything again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:51 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

tunnel vision you mean. Its jsut like after running for 2 miles straight nonstop, if you go further youll eventual get tunnelvision once you get fatigued. This could be properly implemented once Coroner' dynamic eye is completed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:19 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
tunnel vision you mean. Its jsut like after running for 2 miles straight nonstop, if you go further youll eventual get tunnelvision once you get fatigued. This could be properly implemented once Coroner' dynamic eye is completed.

Hmm... I never get tunnel vision when running. Now, whenever I sprint something like a 400 meter or 800 meter (Which is so much fun :roll:) I get tunnel vision and I might even throw up a little (Completely unrelated). :P

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:10 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well, 800 meters is less than half a mile,I was talking about 2 miles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:25 am 
High Master
High Master

Yeah, I love to run, don't know why, but I find it to be fun. :D

And supposedly looking at an arc welder for an extended time is just like looking into a flash bang, same effects to. Longest I have looked into one (on accident :oops: ) was about 2 seconds, not even that, and I had a huge headache in about 10 minutes, I could not focus, my vision was extremely blury, my eyes were watery, and I could see white spots everywhere. But looking at a flash from a flashbang is like looking into an arc welder for more than 10 seconds, I only saw it for about 2. I'll explain an arc welder fo you if you don't know, an arc welder is a welding unit that uses elctricity, you create a current through your metal and the ground/metal table, your gronding cable is either on the connected to your table, and this causes a circular current, it heats the metal up to extreme tempuatures, and bonds the metals together, thus in the midst of this, you have to wear very think leather gloves, and clthing to keep sparks and slag away, and a helmet, that darkens the light by atleast 15 times, and the light is still pretty bright after all of the darkness, you cannot see with the helmet on, but once the welder is struck, you can see everything like looking right at a light bulb at the brightest shade level. So it is all fairly the same, the "arc" is the bright light, which is as bad as looking directly at the sun, (I do alot of welding if you didn't catch on 8) ) Just another step that can help for 18C. 8) So I am just guessing with all I have said about the flashbangs, but I am thinking that is what it has to be like, although looking at an arc welder for 10 seconds is about the same. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:21 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

thats why they wear masks. However, military troops cant wear than mask jsut tio simply negate the effect of a FB because they wouldnt be able to see anything at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:54 am 
High Master
High Master

The point wasn't the helmet, it was how much of a bright light the arc welder makes, is the equivalent of a flash bang, 10 seconds to an arc welder is even to one of a flash bang. So even still, I don't think a welding (we call them helmets) would matter, a flash bang is still stronger than a welder, just an example though. :wink:

Post subject: Vision and hearing.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:18 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Is it possible then with the current engine after the whiteness of the flash... instead of returning to full vision to return to the white vision crossed with the full vision? You know, like after you've been flashed in the game and its all white... then its slowly starts to go back to normal... have it stop in the middle between all white and normal view. So you have this white haze over your vision.

As for hearing... prehaps they could add a counter so if you are exposed to a second flash or nade... you have the possability to have the sound shut off... ie loss of hearing for the rest of that game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7