All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Nintendo DS WEB BROWSER
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:25 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Yup, the Nintendo DS is fixing to get a fully-functional web-browser within the next month or so! Check the screenies!

ImageImage

The browser is going to be based on the Opera Browser (a free one, like FireFox) and will be (FAR) superior to the one on the PSP. For a more complete explaination (better than I could explain anyhow), here's what IGN said about it.....

"The Nintendo DS is touch screen capable, and it also has Wi-Fi connectivity support. So it's not a stretch to think that the system would make for a good platform to surf the web. And you know what? After trying out the DS Browser at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, we still think it's a good idea.

Nintendo has partnered up with Opera to bring its browser to the Nintendo DS, and we got a chance to surf around the internet using the DS interface. The two screens are exactly what you'd think they'd be used for: the upper screen is a close-up view of the lower screen's full-browser view that's scaled to fit the 256 by 192 resolution. By sliding the stylus around the touch screen, you move the zoomed in view of the upper screen. Tapping the "swap screens" button on the bottom will bring the zoomed view to the touch screen so you can tap the links.

We, of course, had to test it with IGN. The speed wasn't super fast to download the page, but that might be due to the wireless traffic in the exhibition hall. But IGN.com loaded fully sans its Flash-based top stories area and Flash-based ads, utilizing their static image versions instead.

Entering in URLs and text can be handled two ways: by on-screen keyboard, or, more naturally, by writing them into the handwriting recognizer boxes. You write out the letters one at a time into two different squares, going back and forth between the two to write while the system recognizes the character that was filled out in the other square. And even in our brief test and our sloppy handwriting, it handled the writing pretty well - just as solid as the Brain Age character recognition engine.

Looking good so far, can't wait to play around with the DS Browser outside of the busy show floor. Unfortunately, we don't know when that'll be."

All I can say is I MUST OWN THIS WHEN IT IS RELEASED! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Nintendo DS WEB BROWSER
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:46 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

dude.... you wanna own a NINTENDO DS??????

holy belony,,, you must be kidding me,

do you really hate sony playstation that much?? lol...

even my 4 year old niece refused to have a Nintendo DS, this is not a joke, she said: i dont want a nintendo ds cause it has games like stupid little puppy's!! i want a psp!!

so her dad bought her a psp

she has ritch racer, tekken, the sims, and ape escape,
ive played those games on her psp, it was amazing,
accept the sim's, it whas pretty lame, its not the same like the sims from pc,
like building homes, invest stuff to earn more money, those kinda stuff wasnt possible

but i suggest that you should go for PSP!! serieus!!

P.S. psp allready has a online browsing system, you can play games online hear music, a and surf online ect. ect. its almost like a pc.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:48 am 
High Master
High Master

Dragonathan wrote:

, it was amazing,
like building homes, invest stuff to earn more money, those kinda stuff wasnt possible

P.S. psp allready has a online browsing system, you can play games online hear music, a and surf online ect. ect. its almost like a pc.

LOL, why not own both, huh, what about that, and, yeah, Sim City went from cool to stupid, I loved the building a town and making money and stuff, but this go out get a dog, get a girlfriend, pisses me off, it's real life and nobody wants to play real life. :evil: And btw, it's not belony, it's bologna, it's German, also a type of meat, or also know as meat from Germany. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:04 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Shiro13 wrote:
LOL, why not own both, huh, what about that, and, yeah, Sim City went from cool to stupid, I loved the building a town and making money and stuff, but this go out get a dog, get a girlfriend, pisses me off, it's real life and nobody wants to play real life. :evil: And btw, it's not belony, it's bologna, it's German, also a type of meat, or also know as meat from Germany. :wink:

the thing about the sims is, is that you can do stuff that you never could do in real life, its kinda fun,

i remember when i played the first sims, i whas like a millionair in 1 week,
i started to build a small tiny miny house, its whas like 5 by 5 meters or something, i did that because i wanted to save some money, in 3 days i had a house with 3 floors, thats the fun part of playing the sims, "the upgrades"

but than again evryone has different tastes and different thinking...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:38 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:

even my 4 year old niece refused to have a Nintendo DS, this is not a joke, she said: i dont want a nintendo ds cause it has games like stupid little puppy's!! i want a psp!!

so her dad bought her a psp

she has ritch racer, tekken, the sims, and ape escape,
ive played those games on her psp, it was amazing,

Damn, I forgot how long you've been gone. I already have a DS dude, and I love it! True, the DS does have a lot of kiddie games, but it has some awesome ones aswell (plus the battery life is around 8 1/2 hours :D). I currently own Tony Hawk's American Sk8land (according to many, myself including, it's the BEST installment of Tony Hawk EVER), Sonic Rush (I'm a Sonic freak so I HAD to have it. This also is considered the best game in it's entire series, it's so fast and smooth it's scary!), Tetris DS (a true old-school gamer's dream, the best example of re-inventing the wheel), and I would still have Metroid Prime: Hunters (the Halo of handhelds, It plays insanely similar to a PC shooter) if I hadn't gone and lost it at work. If you ask ME the DS is more like a PC than the PSP because of how the touch-screen will make surfing the web SO much easier. The only thing this browser won't be able to do is run Flash items and streaming video (plus, it's supposed to have some kind of memory for downloading stuff). I already knew that the PSP was online, which was why I pointed out that the DS browser will be easier to use and clearly SUPERIOR to the one on the PSP. It isn't my fault you can't accept the truth, I'm just here to present the facts.

PS: Learn to spell or don't expect me to take you in any way serious.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:43 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well evryone has there own taste,
but i find the psp more mature,

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:03 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
well evryone has there own taste,
but i find the psp more mature,

Just because it's Nintendo doesn't mean it has to be kiddie and boring all the time. Look at Resident Evil 4... It started out on a Nintendo system, but it was gorey as hell, and got rave reviews (I think it even got a couple Game Of The Year awards). I used to laugh at the thought of owning a DS, but then later on some really cool looking games started coming out and I decided to give the Big N one last try.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:10 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

is not that i hate nintendo that much,
dont get me wrong, ive owned allot of nintendo products too,

ive owned the first nintendo,
supernintendo,
nintendo 64,

gameboy,
gameboy color,

but i dont own any nintendo stuff anymore,
not that i hate it.. but its just because ive grown up,
and now im on my sony playstation phase, because playstation has more games to offer that would more suitable for me,
and afcourse there are some good nintendo games too, but not as much as playstation,

oh and by the way, the very first resident evil whas on the very first playstation.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:28 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
oh and by the way, the very first resident evil whas on the very first playstation.

Do you honestly beleive I'm that stupid? I wasn't bragging about Resident Evil being on the GCN, I was saying that (for once) an extremely M-Rated game came out on a Nintendo system. Seriously, just let my posts sink in before you answer. It's not that hard to take time to understand what one is saying, so please just do it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:33 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

my bad..

its just because english isnt my main language,
so sometimes i might misunderstand you,

i thought you ment that resident evil started on nintendo,
but my bad...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:32 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

here look at this vid, i just gonna show you 1 playstation game for the psp,
and you allready can see that psp is pawning DS.

SOCOM U.S. NAVY SEALS for the psp:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... 4&type=wmv

and if you still think im wrong,
i have more than 200 games to show you why psp is pawning DS :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:16 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I'll admit, PSP is better than DS. But I can play PSP games on my computer. :P

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:53 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I can pla any damn console I want on a vomputer, just give me acess to an emulator...

ahh, the SNES, how I love thee...

I'd buy a DS over a PSP, JUST because you can get GBA games to work on it, and because I want SMW. *twitch* m-m-m-mario *twitch*

mario pwns. it should be rated M for drug use ( he does mushrooms and flowers...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:19 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i dont know about DS,
maybe cause im a european or something,
but i find the 2 screens a bit UNEFFICIENT,

i dont know why... but its looks like this DS model is some sort of failed design product,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:21 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Dragonathan wrote:
i dont know about DS,
maybe cause im a european or something,
but i find the 2 screens a bit UNEFFICIENT,

i dont know why... but its looks like this DS model is some sort of failed design product,

it's not phail'd. hey, there were MULTIPLE game+watches that were dual-screen.

it takes coordination to use... but i'm a computer guy so I wouldn't know.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next