All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: best horror games,
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

wich are your favourite horror games?

mine are:

RESIDENT EVIL,

SILENT HILL,

--------------------

clock tower is not that bad,

and that other game is cool, i forgot the name, but your playing a japanese character and you need to take pictures and stuff to see the ghosts,

damnnn only playstation has good horror games, i cant name any good horror games on any other consoles.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: best horror games,
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:17 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathon wrote:
and that other game is cool, i forgot the name, but your playing a japanese character and you need to take pictures and stuff to see the ghosts,

Well, the only thing I could think of was the poorly plotted Luigi's Mansion. But Luigi's Italian and the game is stupid beyond anything you could have said Dragonathon. :P

Other than that are there really any other horror games?

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:31 am 
High Master
High Master

Actually, none that I can think of, but I like to get the hooror out of blowing a guys head off more than shooting zombies. :twisted: A good jumpy game, it had really good graphics, it's a modern combat game, I can't remeber what it was, it's like WWIII or something, the German's and American's are at it again, it was urban combat, I popped around the corner, and in my face was the barrel of a Leopard II, and I mean in my face, scared the hell out of me when it went off and my guy was in pieces on the ground. lol. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:35 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I'd have to say FEAR. I know some people say it's not that scary, but hey... I don't really play horror games (I never even played FEAR, I watched a friend play it), and FEAR is more about shock value and atmosphere, so I say it counts.

Dragonathan wrote:
and that other game is cool, i forgot the name, but your playing a japanese character and you need to take pictures and stuff to see the ghosts...

That would be FATAL FRAME.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:46 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Evil_Muska wrote:
I'd have to say FEAR. I know some people say it's not that scary, but hey... I don't really play horror games (I never even played FEAR, I watched a friend play it), and FEAR is more about shock value and atmosphere, so I say it counts.

Dragonathan wrote:
and that other game is cool, i forgot the name, but your playing a japanese character and you need to take pictures and stuff to see the ghosts...

That would be FATAL FRAME.

oh yeahh that was the name, FATAL FRAME, damnn that shit is scarry,

oh that game FEAR, thats isnt really horror, i call that pure art, i think its awesome for an FPS game, kinda original...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:42 am 
High Master
High Master

Ok, I know what it was, it's called Encounters of WWIII, really fun game, kind of like BF2, except it's got more of a story line to it and alot funner stuff, you can fight as the German's, American's, Brit's, Chinese, Russians, and the Japanese, main groups of WWII, same teams too, except it's the Axis Republic against the Allied Unions, different names kind of. And once you get into the game and pass your training, you go into deeper training as SF, or normal forces in all the nations. Most scary part of this game, is the German's have adapted to underground enviornments, so theres alot of cave searching, and it's dark, you have a light on the end of your M4 or FAMAS/SCAR, you can move that light around and have a German holding a SIG in your face, plus the blood, and gore, makes the thought of if you die into when. :twisted: Not all German's live underground, just most bases are placed underground, at about half way through, the German's switch to the Allies, and you then just fight against the Chinese and Japanese. But yeah, scared me when I walked around the corner and there was a 125mm smooth bore going off in my face. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if you look at them again, none of these games are really scary. Its just the music and the atmosphere or lighting that gives you the idea that it is but in truth it is not. Imagine palying fear with more lights in the map, uh.. right.. so what.. boring. Imagine resisdent evil with hippie tunes... :shock: not scary... these games jus thrill they dont really frighten you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:41 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

you are right about the sound, it would less scarier if you turn it off,

but i have an explanation for this, but it would be pointless to explain that to an atheist :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:00 pm 
High Master
High Master

LMAO!!!!!!!!! Yeah, the sounds and lighting affect quite a bit, but even if you did turn the contrast on WWIII it still woouldn't matter, the Gebralter base in Germany, is underground, and when you get in there, the power goes out because of a storm, why there is no backup generator, no idea. But with all of this, it can get scary searching for German's, lol. :lol: You get this sound, it's like a fast rushing, and you occasionally get the glimpse of something, you go looking for it and it's not there, and occasionally you get caught by a German or two and once in a while a tank, underground, yes. It's like this giant mining base, it's a huge cave but it still has full size buildings in it, anyone who has seen Jaburo in Mobile Suit Gundam knows what it looks like, it's bascially like that. :roll: And if I get any comments on Gundam, the person that said it gets his butt chewed out. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:04 pm 
Master
Master

My favorite horror game is Alien Vs Predator, I know it’s more of a first person shooter but the single player missions were quite hunting for its time lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:10 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

duh, there is a difference between real fear and simulated fear. V=These games and movies were made to scare you for fun, but your mind is subconsciously aware that it isnt real, but your conscousness however cant tell the difference making you think it is scary. Nowaday graphics and sound define that, but what do you think of Doom (1st one) now? it was scary to most of its players during its time, now look at it, I would say, "WTF is that!" and laugh after. THe only way devs could make a game really scare someone, as in real fear, is to really put them in danger, as in if somethnig goes wrong, like you shot, you get hurt in real life. Now look at most games, people do all kinds of daring things, thats because they have full awareness that it isnt real and that what happens to them in games doesnt really hurt them. (I drive the big truck in UT2k4 right off a cliff to score points and land on someone's head to score kills, I wouldnt do that in reallife even if I really have to) Fear by nature was meant to kep you away from danger, but in games, you arent really in danger so real fear doesnt kick in, just the though of it.

After all that, I would still say, the good thing about game that simulate fear is they are rather more fun than games that dont. Occassional jumpyness and the surprise around corners is never going to get boring in the case of these kinds of games. So in conclusion I would say the best horror games would be those with the best visualization (not graphic quality, but the way things are presented) and best sounds especially an original horror score. (personally I find doom ridiculous, all three of them, I like quake and wolf better, although they dont have that jumpness to them)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:12 am 
High Master
High Master

There's not many horror games on my preferred consoles, and I don't know of any (legitimately) free ones.

That being said, Resident Evil 2 is quite good.

I also nominate Shadowman. Although it's more of an adventure game somewhat resembling an evil LoZ:OoT, many of the levels wouldn't be out of place in a horror game, and are pretty damn scary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:24 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I'd say FEAR does the best job of scaring you because of the way it approaches doing so. It not only puts you in an uncomfortable position (like seeing something run by in the distance or hearing a little girl laugh in the darkness), but it constantly catches you off guard in ways that, even when prepared for it, make you jump out of your skin (like in the demo level where your kinda creeped out at first, then your player turns around to slide down a ladder and..... OMFGSCARYGIRLFUDGECAKES!!!.... and then when you get to the bottom of the ladder and turn around, thinking the shock is over..... SOFBOMGSCARYASSGUYMONKEYNUTS!!!!!). But yeah, sound is prolly the #1 thing that makes scary games what they are. If you don't beleive me, try this: Get one of those flash things that suddenly pops something up and scares you, watch it once normal, then watch it with no sound.... the effect is completely lost (or try using it on a friend with the sound all the way down.... I'll bet 100 to 1 they just laugh).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:49 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well.. when i play resident evil,
i allready find it scary if there are 10 zombies trying to eat me while im trying to escape from them,
especially when your alone at night, it gives me the creeps,

Last edited by Dragonathan on Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:20 am 
High Master
High Master

Xeno, you party pooper, let us have some fun, and it is truly being scared, just because your not there doesn't mean it's not gonna freak you out when it pops up at you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next