All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: call of duteh
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:24 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I just got CoD on thursday, went for deluxe, and DAMN! it was worth 39.99. I beat it in 5 hours (including the bonus levels, the berlin one was really nice at the end.) and now I"m on CoD:UO. it's tons of fun, I reccomend you check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:14 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Try playing CoD2 on the ahrdest difficulty with the realism and difficulty mod on, it make shte game really more relaistic by gameplay and definetely alot more fun and frustrating because it will feel more like the real thing.

--I guess these offtopic threads are really a cry for the release of the new version huh. --

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:47 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I'd do it, but I cant get CoD2 to run on my machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:22 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Minimum is a geforce4/3 or any 100% half decent DX7 card and that is about it. You can set the game to run on safemode by choosing the safemode launcher instead of the regular one, that will ensure that it runs as minimal as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:20 am 
High Master
High Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Try playing CoD2 on the ahrdest difficulty with the realism and difficulty mod on, it make shte game really more relaistic by gameplay and definetely alot more fun and frustrating because it will feel more like the real thing.
--

Lol, I played on the Hill mission for like 3 hours just trying to get the bunkers taken out with hardest difficulty, makes me laugh how they define the difficulties too, Hardest-You will not survive. You bet I didn't, lol.

Yeha, I finished CoD1 in about 4 hours, and CoD2 in about 5, both on moderate, fairly easy game, but ti so fun, and funny, lol, I love the ending movies, and, "no cows were harmed in the making of this game." lol :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:21 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Minimum is a geforce4/3 or any 100% half decent DX7 card and that is about it. You can set the game to run on safemode by choosing the safemode launcher instead of the regular one, that will ensure that it runs as minimal as possible.

You can also do like I did on the demo and turn Dx8 mode on (and something else, but i can't remember what). I like to tweak the heck out of my games before getting into them. With the right tweaking I can get FEAR to run pretty well on my comp (Too bad that's not the case with GRAW :cry:). Point is that when a game says Minimum, it really isn't the minimum, it's just the lowest you can get it before it begins to look really crappy. I got my little brother's comp (500mhz CELERON, GeForce 4 MX400, 64mb) to run UT2k3 decent enough to play some LAN games. There are limits, but you can bend some of them a bit (I can play games REQUIRING a minimum cpu of 1.8ghz and I have a 1.5).

BOTTOM LINE: TWEAKING (along with software updates) IS THE KEY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:02 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, with the processor, that only depends on the true power of your computer. Sysreqlabs says my pc cant run GRAW because I only have 1.8 GHz, yet my processor actually clocks up to 3 GHz much faster than any P4 processor even at the phsical clockrate of 1.8 only. If you want cheap processors yet powerful get AMD Athlons or Opterons (you may need to do compatibility checks for Opterons)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:43 am 
High Master
High Master

Yeah, I think GRAW called my computer a ***** and told it to **** off. It does not to do well on my computer, I can watch the beginning movie, see the menu just fine, but once I go to play something, it just crashes or locks up in the loading process. :? :? :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:49 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

that happened to me once, but I dont know what I did to the settings, afterwards it just works fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:19 am 
High Master
High Master

What video card you got? I'm pretty sure it's my video card. :? I am in the process of making one from scratch. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:18 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Sapphire Radeon X700 GDDR3 256Mb. The crash happens everytime you try reading the ingame help right after loading the first mission, what i did was skip it completely and it didnt crash anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:09 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
If you want cheap processors yet powerful get AMD Athlons or Opterons (you may need to do compatibility checks for Opterons)

Yeah, I gots me a little AMD dude (It's only a Sempron, AMD's budget cpu, but it still kicks the crap out of the Celeron, even the D) and yeah, they are the way to go for gaming. One of the best things about them is they can withstand MUCH higher temps than an Intel cpu can. I was at a LAN party one time in some old shed, and it was burning up in there. My friends were bragging about their P4s and all that crap, while me and my best friend both had AMD products. It was so hot that their cpus were getting to 60 degrees (C), and their computers kept restarting by themselves. Eventually the guy who had just upgraded had to take a fan from around the shed (as big as the side of his case) and set it on top of his open case just to keep it functional. Me and my best friend just laughed our asses off.

I haven't gotten up the courage to overclock my cpu yet (plus I haven't found any tools to do it properly either). Also, my cpu fan died recently, and I had to rig my primary LED case fan to keep it working.

Shiro013 wrote:
Yeah, I think GRAW called my computer a ***** and told it to **** off. It does not to do well on my computer, I can watch the beginning movie, see the menu just fine, but once I go to play something, it just crashes or locks up in the loading process.

my comp can (BARELY) run GRAW (at about 6-7 fps), but with one (MAJOR) setback..... when the game starts...... all the models are completely black and the background is pure white. I'm assuming this is because I don't have PShader 2.0 (just 1.1 :cry:).

But on the upside, I finally was able to get the Half-Life 2 demo on my comp (I've always wanted to see how well it ran) and, with a little tweaking (the only compromise beyond what it suggested I use, wich was nearly maxed out, was in the Texture-Filtering and Anti-alising departments) I got it running at a steady 50+ fps (according to Fraps).
As they would say down here in the South (ok, it's up in the air now... feel free to swat at it for a while)......

"It was perdy!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:51 am 
High Master
High Master

I didn't read all of that, but congratulations to whatever happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:36 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

If you think that was amazing, you guys havent seen, well most people (event eh store owners) havent seen an AMD Opteron overclocked to its full power. my Opteron can overclock to nearly 3 to 4 times its original preset speed, without having much heat problems but all I might just need is liquid cooling to keep it running nice and cool. If you want overclocking capabilities, get Sapphire gpus, and AMD Opteron cpus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:58 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
If you think that was amazing, you guys havent seen, well most people (event eh store owners) havent seen an AMD Opteron overclocked to its full power. my Opteron can overclock to nearly 3 to 4 times its original preset speed, without having much heat problems but all I might just need is liquid cooling to keep it running nice and cool. If you want overclocking capabilities, get Sapphire gpus, and AMD Opteron cpus.

If your gunna get a liquid cooling kit, you gotta be EXTREMELY careful about it. One of my friends got one, and it was good for a while, but a couple months later it leaked and completely ruined his mb and cpu! I really wouldn't suggest it, but if you can get it done right, it's great!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next