All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: v050-R O E violations
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:00 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Could someone explain or direct me to where this is explained in detail. I dont know how many times I have been killed in spawn before I ever have a chance to move, but if I do it it's always a violation. This makes no scence to me and it really pisses me off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Spawncampers always count for a certain number of seconds after you spawn. Usualy it depends on the server. So once you pop in, try to duck, take cover and find another way out of the spawn area. Spawnkilling is just another exploit done by no0b players (those of you who do, don't take offense in this statement, you know what your doing). This exploit is usualy present in thirdparty maps because of poor balancing and concealment of the spawn area, or unfair server rules set by the admins to make it fun for them or horrible for you.

-XenoKiLLer-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:49 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I thought admin levels may have something to do with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:21 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

First of all third party maps (those made by fans) are not properly designed to prevent spawncamping even by a little bit. Secone, server admins can set the spwantimer different for each sides. e.i. They set their side to spawn earlier but has longer safe time (the time before you can be killed), then they will set the other team to take longer to spawn but have shorter spawn safety time. They do this so that it is fun for them and only them. Simply avoid going to those servers. Play on more familiar clan servers like the TCEWARs (dont remember, havent played in a long time), the URA clan servers, the KS clanservers, etc. There are various server IP address dotted throughout the forums (we'll have them arranged in porper order soon). Just read around until you find some lists of servers, choose some and try them out. Its not likely they have spawncampers or cheaters but anything could happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:41 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Thanks for all your help. I'm still new to the game and am trying to figure things out. Now i'm trying to get hooked up on some north american servers so my ping isnt 200-300.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:07 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Willkommen! to the forums and thanks for using the appropriate heading. That helps alot in keeping the forums clean of old outdated clutter.

-XenoKiLLer-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:13 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Great Scott!!! 300!!!

The highest I've ever gotten was 100. :?

Also, because .49 hasn't been released yet, good servers are a rarity.

You'll find more 'fair' servers and more 'fair' players with the release of .49.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:16 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Just try to jump into KS clan, I usually get the best ping with less cheaters there compared to most of those public european servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:23 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

But Spawnkilling isn't considered cheating. :roll:

It's rare that I come across a cheater online. But when I do, I counteract that cheater by hacking the administrator options and kicking and/or banning that sucka'. :twisted:

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:29 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

okay.. nice story... BTW, this topic better be included in our manual, of which has a techsupport area we must begin writing next week so we can clear the entire general support section.

This topic will be icluded on gameplay, as part of .. blahblah happenings..

-XenoKiLLer-

Post subject: Re: v050-R O E violations
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:05 am 
High Master
High Master

Toe Cutter wrote:
Could someone explain or direct me to where this is explained in detail. I dont know how many times I have been killed in spawn before I ever have a chance to move, but if I do it it's always a violation. This makes no scence to me and it really pisses me off.

I can occasionally spawn and fire as soon as I hit the ground and hit a team mate, it only happens when the server has the ready time set to like 0 seconds, which also makes it an ROE violation, which really pisses me off, so then I have to wait for the next round. So if I am like hammering down on the ready button, we spawn, and boom, shot my guy, ROE violation, you dead, yeah, makes me mad. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:21 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

only way around that is if the admin's privilages were limit by hardcoded limitations. like they cannot set the spawntimer to zero or lower than the minimum of the game. etc.etc. If these limits were set and they only have the option to change certain things like voting, weapon set availability, etc, that would be the first step to actually making the game more balanced and fair for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:43 am 
High Master
High Master

Try playing on servers where the admins are cool. Don't log on to a new server every time you play. Try and find yourself a server with players you like. Make sure this server is even for both teams. When you do so you will find yourself in even games (Unless I'm there, if I'm on a team things get uneven due to my awsomeness) with cool players, and no magic one sided roe bullshit. (If I ever see you sniping I will make you wish you'd never sniped before.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:24 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the thing is, only no0bs actually do that. they normally hang around public servers, usually clan servers that are admin protected are clean.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]