All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: PS3 starts to show true colors.....
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:11 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Did anyone see the Metal gear Solid 4 trailer that they claimed was rendered in-game? Well, recently they release a video of ACTUAL in-game footage.... here's how it stacks up to the original claim....

Screenshot of the original "IN-GAME" footage.

Screenshot of the REAL IN-GAME footage.

If PS3 keeps up this trend of lies (not to mention the damn thing is shipping for around $500-$600, it's been confirmed) they are gunna meet an early and painful demise. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:46 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

all games are like that. they show "in game footage" (RTS is the worst) and it's on mega-uber-dev-only-high quality. meh, I hate sony. they've messed up tooo much stuff for me. first the PSP's auto-eject, now $700 for a console (that's about 650-700 CDN, I mean.)
meh, I'm not that big of a stealth-action guy. I got Splinter Cell and ramboed through it in a week. I want to try SC2, but I hate my graphics card. gives me 15-20 FPS in th source engine (on LOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I get around 30 in ET (on medium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and I get 0 in half of the other games I have (because: they're not compatable! thankyou, HP, for making a total piece of sit!)

okay, I've gone too off-topic.

I <3 TT because when they say in-game, it's in game.

Post subject: Re: PS3 starts to show true colors.....
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:34 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Evil_Muska wrote:
if PS3 keeps up this trend of lies (not to mention the damn thing is shipping for around $500-$600, it's been confirmed) they are gunna meet an early and painful demise. :evil:

lie's or not, im gonna buy ps3, i trust playstation, they won all the console battles anyways, cause theyre making original games,

Post subject: Re: PS3 starts to show true colors.....
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:30 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
Evil_Muska wrote:
if PS3 keeps up this trend of lies (not to mention the damn thing is shipping for around $500-$600, it's been confirmed) they are gunna meet an early and painful demise. :evil:

lie's or not, im gonna buy ps3, i trust playstation, they won all the console battles anyways, cause theyre making original games,

You'd spend that much money on a console?

I mean my computer alone is ten times more expensive than a $500 console, but it's still 50 times better. :P

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:41 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

http://www.firingsquad.com/features/pla ... 3_failure/

Dont say it didnt warn you. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:25 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
http://www.firingsquad.com/features/playstation_3_failure/

Dont say it didnt warn you. 8)

you forgot something, its a dirty console war,
this reporter could be paid by microsoft to report something like this,

they did this too when it whas the time of ps2 vs xbox,
but ps2 won,, even if xbox whas more powerful,

matterfact, i've owned xbox and ps2, i sold my xbox, cause the games were crappy, they had no other original looking games

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:48 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, PS3 doesnt have HDR, thats for one.. And this report wasnt one from microsoft's goons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:38 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Quote:
I want to try SC2, but I hate my graphics card. gives me 15-20 FPS in th source engine (on LOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I get around 30 in ET (on medium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and I get 0 in half of the other games I have (because: they're not compatable! thankyou, HP, for making a total piece of sit!)

okay, I've gone too off-topic.

I <3 TT because when they say in-game, it's in game.

lol.... dude, premade computers always suck (either that or they're good, but way overpriced). I built my own comp from the ground up. I can play ET MAXED OUT at about 60-70 steady fps, and can record full-screen video with audio at around 25 fps (Fraps, baby!). I haven't tested it with Source (no internet to my gaming comp :cry:). I don't even have a SUPER-computer like say, a good friend of mine (AMD64 and a GeForce 7800gt, man I hate him!) I'm running on a 1.5 AMD Sempron, an outdated motherboard, and a GeForce 5500 256mb (AGP). Some advice: Buy you a cheap NVidia card (at least). My little brother has a 500mhz Celeron with a GeForce 5500 (PCI Version) and he can run SC2 (multiplayer) at about 20-25 fps. Seriously dude, whining about onboard video is like whining about the SpamDragon, it's blatently obvious, so why even bring it up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

^^ I'm building a comp when I get enough cash. we got this one because our old one went belly up. meh, HP sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:22 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, atleast my new computer wont have to bother about that, im expecting to get 100-200 fps in TCE on all settings high with 4xAA. 1Gb DDR400 PC3200 Dual channel with OCZ heat spreaders should do fine for now, ill get more next time. All that on low heat with great cooling, makes this thing arctic cold. Im never going to buy another prebuilt system ever.

The PS3 will never be able to compete against XBOX, now that especially since Microsoft will allow XOBX and PC players to paly against each other online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:19 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
...especially since Microsoft will allow XOBX and PC players to paly against each other online.

Yeah, I've always wanted to show a console gamer who's who. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:30 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

You mean show them is is the BOSS in the gaming scene. Games were made ina computer, even console games, so technically, all games were meant to be played in a computer. If they were created ina computer, explain how a console can ever be better than a computer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:51 am 
High Master
High Master

Because your computer sucks and it costs alot of money to make one, consoles are a one time price that eventually go down, cmoputers just go up up and up, and even if you get a better vidoe card, doesn't mean your little RTCW is ever going to look like a good console game, don't use BF2 as any examples, personally, I think it bombed the first time I played it, the PS2 version had a story line to it, and was great, the PC version had no story line, and the only single player was bloody capture the flag on tiny maps. And video game consoles are becoming a basic computer with the esential gaming things needed, alot of people don't have 4000 dollars to spend on a computer with the huge video card, massive storage, and huge RAM, So we buy the console that already has what we need, pluse the consoles can be funner than computers, you buy the computer, and they dog you all the time about the new patches, versions, all tha crap, when you buy a console game, it has been checked checked and re-checked so as to not cause any problems. And playing against a console on your computer is stupid, all tha'll get you is killed, the console player is probably running just fine, only problem with online video games with a console, is your connection, graphics don't matter, although my PS2 is starting to ware out, I've had one since the day Wal Mart got them. which has been what now, 5 years? :? It locks up occasionally, and slows down alot, but it has been through over a hundred games, and so much abuse, I must have dropped it 10 times taking it from room to room, and it's still working, just a few problems, had a friend (rich btw) stepped on a cord and it fell off the shelf, split the thing it two, it was in two pieces now and no way of actually getting it back together, so he just went and bought a new one, he never plays it anymore, just says he has it to say he has one, he's a general on BF2 on the PS2 online, I'm stuck on PFC, can't get 5 kills in a row to go up to sergeant right off, get to skip corporal because my points are up far enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:02 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Computer prices go up and up, but as they do tehy get better and better, while console prices go down and down but nevever get any better. The PC version of BF2 is multiplayer, and everyone who buys it for PC is obviously expected to have multiplayer capability and that is what BF2 was meant for. The PS2 version has to have a freaking singleplayer campaign because multiplayer isnt an option for all PS2 or console players. A decent PC doesnt cost $4000, you would have to be really stupid to end up sopending that much if it IS POSSIBLE to get most of the things you NEED for LOWER PRICES. SO what about new patches and version? That means added contents aswell as fixes for any annoying bugs and things that were left out by Q&A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:59 am 
High Master
High Master

GeForce Nvidia ninety some odd hundred dual graphics card, 700$, secondary graphics card for ninety some odd hundred, 200$, Cool PC case, 100$, hard drive, $100-$500, mommy board, uhh, damned good sound card, 80$, monitor, $100-$1000 ($1000 monitor, like the kick butt 22" flat screen with all that other stuff) really good speakers with really good bass, $200, umm what am I at, $2000 some odd, then you got all that OS and your programs, then the games, and all that other stuff you need, so a gaming computer can cost alot, oh, water cooled, $2000 right there, I exceeded my $4000 limit, of course this is like the ultimate computer ever, so don't expect it any time soon. T_T

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next