All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: The game doesn't even launch at all!!!! HELP!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:27 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Why won't the game launch at all?????? every time i click the icon it says The item ET.exe has been changed or moved This shortcut will nno longer work properly
Do you want to delete this short cut? so i said yes.... then i looked in the folder it's in and tryed to launch it from there and the same message apeered!!!!!!!!!! : :x :x :x

Post subject: Please
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:30 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

PLEASE HELP ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:35 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Your problem may have to do with the shortcut. See where the shortcut leads to and make sure that it leads to your TCE folder. If not, then create a shortcut there and post it on your desktop.

If that isn't the case then you might need to download TCE again seeing that you may have lost some files on the way.

Also, if you have just restored your computer, I don't know if you do it but I do it often for viral reasons :roll:, it might have removed important files from your computer.

Hope I could be of some help.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:10 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

and if all else fails, open ET as you normally would to play it, and under mods select tcetest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:15 pm 
Expert
Expert

Create shortcut and put this in it's properties:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" +set fs_game tcetest +set com_hunkMegs 128 +set com_zoneMegs 64 +set com_soundMegs 32

Tactical Combat Force Member - <TCF>Heretic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:03 am 
High Master
High Master

You did download Enemy Territory first, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:37 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

see... i told you guys that there are too many people who cant install this mod, there are allot of people that never played a mod, and are not experienced in installing mod's,

Quote:

Last edited by Dragonathan on Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:54 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

blah, blah, blah...

having a mod where you download two things and run them is NOT hard. and it reduces the n00b factor.it's a fact: people who are shit at games are more likely to cheat.if those people can't install it, them that helps reduce that factor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:10 pm 
Expert
Expert

You still here though, hence, it does not.

lol, I've nothing against you, just thought I'd say that because you're being unfair towards new players

Tactical Combat Force Member - <TCF>Heretic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:54 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

it wrote:
blah, blah, blah...

having a mod where you download two things and run them is NOT hard. and it reduces the n00b factor.it's a fact: people who are shit at games are more likely to cheat.if those people can't install it, them that helps reduce that factor.

Although stereotpyical, it's really not true.

I'm a n00b when it comes to installing mods. I always have to e-mail the maker of the mod, who is for some reason almost never of American origin :roll:, which I can deal with because I'm multilingual; just to find out where to put the goddamned files.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:11 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I think we have already talked about legal issues regarding the standalone version in both forums. The best solution is to keep an easily understood and overly simplified instructions manual on easy access on the front page or index page.

As far as I know, the shorcut problem is only due to improper installation either by not having ET first and running it atleast once (which is recommended in the instructions) or TCE or its patch has been installed in the wrong directory. When the mod installer copies files to the wrong directory, the resulting shorcut may still lead to the right folder (heading to wolfenstien folder) but everything else is in a different place.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]