All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:34 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

they die eventually but now asap. A right stab in the back of the head so the most effective, severe the spinal cord directly under the brain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:51 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Why make it bloody with a knife when you can just rifle butt them in the back of their head, severing their spine completely.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:03 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Or just knock em out cold and leave em there for the rest of the round, theres no difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:30 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it would be awesome if you can demage evrything by the bullets,

for example, when you shoot the floor, you should see a bullet hole on the floor, so you should be able to demage evrything you shoot,
it would be sweet, if you see a slight bit of dust comming out on some particular wall when you shoot at it,
like that game BLACK.

and also.. when you shoot at metal/wood/concrete/bricks, ect ect.
there should be different sounds for each material you shoot,

woooooooooooot!! that would be realistic, airon could work on this,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:50 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Umm... Black uses a newer engine allowing stuff like dust and fragments to break off when you shoot a wall.

I don't know if you didn't notice it, but fragments do fly off the wall when you hit them. And this would be just as laggish for slower comp's, much like the eye candy you can't live without.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:55 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

and the wonton destruction cause in black is totally unrealistic.

one movie I found was of a dude taking out three granite pillars with an AK-47. not that realistic. and it uses a very new engine. released around late '05 if I"m not mistaken.

if you do look close, you see the dust and stuff. then again, this requires something other than the default settings (just a smigeon higher).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:18 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Yeah, I thought Dragon loves realism.

I want to be able to do a wall jump and run and leap tall buildings with a single bound. Then I want to fight a bunch of superhuman men in black suits and sunglasses leaping on me from every direction with martial arts and highwiring percission.

That'll be realistic.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:42 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

what the hell are you guys talking about,
BLACK is freaking realistic, you guys probably havent played it yet,
you guys talking gibberish,

black is a highly realistic game with some hollywood fiction
"wich i personally think is awesome"
here watch some trailers, see how freaking realistic,
http://www.gammo.nl/player.php?sid=709
http://www.gammo.nl/player.php?sid=694
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... e&type=wmv

here's the interview

this game is realistic ass hell, the hole imvironment is destroyable when you shoot at it, you see dust comming off, wooden planks falling off,
woooooooooot thats freaking nice...

you guys should try to shoot some old buildings with an AK47, see what happens, probably the hole building is gonna be destroyed and not much gonna be left over,

oh and another thing, its much more unrealistic if you shoot at a wall, or floor and see nothing happend, no bullet holes, no demage nothing, now thats unrealistic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:00 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Dragonathan wrote:

BLACK is freaking realistic,
you guys should try to shoot some old buildings with an AK47, see what happens, probably the hole building is gonna be destroyed and not much gonna be left over,

[/color]

contradiction?

shoot an old building with a few mags of 7.62mm rounds, and you just get swiss cheese. shoot a 20 year old shed, same. hell, even an anti-tank RPG wouldn't destroy it unless aimed/timed right (i.e., explosion inside/just in front/just behind) how do I know this? took out an old shed with crappy old half-rotten walls for a summer job, and unlesss you take out the support beams (which is impossible with a bullet, unless it is a .50 or .30 cal JHP)

try it yourself,
1. buld small shed (portable preferably)
2. take shed to firing range
3. shoot the shit out of it
4. record results

also, SWAT teams often break key support columns when attempting to breach some doors, and guess what? even though he harpoons riip the crap outta them, the house still stands (exception: poorly made porches will collapse, but this is different than 5.56mm ammo)

here's the thing. a breaching device will take out a pillar because it is made to do so, EVEN AN ANTI-MATERIAL RIFLE WILL NOT CAUSE A SMALL BUILDING TO COLLAPSE\

I've seen footage of a car being hit by a .50 cal round, and frankly, it doesnt have enough power to move it an inch. bullets are made to kill people by causing soft tissue damage, possibly efen destroying blood vessels. a bullet is nto capable of destroying a buildings supports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:53 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it wrote:
I've seen footage of a car being hit by a .50 cal round, and frankly, it doesnt have enough power to move it an inch. bullets are made to kill people by causing soft tissue damage, possibly efen destroying blood vessels. a bullet is nto capable of destroying a buildings supports
ok now watch these clips:

you dont know what your saying.

watch all these trailers, these hard prove why you're wrong:
dont mind the commercial, the trailer starts after the commercial.

evidence 1:
i hope you dont post some weak excuses after you watch that trailer.

evidence 2:

it wrote:
I've seen footage of a car being hit by a .50 cal round, and frankly, it doesnt have enough power to move it an inch.

probably bullet proof

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:41 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

He knows what he's saying.

The shit you're thinking of is all Hollywood.

Your talking about a 50 grain bullet moving a 2 or more ton object which is entirely unrlealistic. A 40mm round would even move a car, it would just blow right through it.

So, you know what Dragon? You don't *i-need-a-broader-vocab* know what your saying and should drink a nice one ounce shot of Pottasium Cyanide. It cures sickness. (The analogy being that he is the sickness and cyanide is the cure :P)

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:55 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

this is not hollywood, its happening real, not special effects. REAL LIFE!

Dragonathan wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:45 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Dragonathan wrote:
probably bullet proof[/color]

get a *i-need-a-broader-vocab* brain.

bulet proof=stops bullet.

bullet stopped=all energy put into car.

non bulletproof= flies right through.

simple grade 6 physics.

time to leave ECS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:34 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

can you please read all the post's attentively, i think what your saying doesnt make sense,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:52 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

a bullet fired at a bullet proof car will have all of it's energy absorbed by the car. a NON bulletproof car will simply have the bullet pass through.

and it IS hollywood style. I'm guessing that a .50 cal round wieghs about 25 grams (anyone got the exact wieght?) and the average polymer-filled car wieghs around 1500-2000 LBs. that's a HUGE difference. simple physics (I'll search my textbooks for the equasion) shows that the energy contained in the bullet must be EXTREME! as in, travelling at around the speed of light, and have all the energy put into the car in order for it to move more than 6 inches.

and this does not include shrapnel (chunks of car/bullet) that go flying off, or the heat generated by the friction.

also, in order ofr this bullet to put that much energy in a vehicle is against the theory of relativity. which (basically) states that the faster something goes, the heavier it gets, and the smaller (in the direction of travel) it gets. so a bullet travelling at the speed of light (mass (other than sub-atomic particles) cannot travel at the speed of light) would be infinitly thin, and would be extremely heavy.

also, the MythBusters fired a .50 cal round into a car (maybe it was smaller...) and it did bupkiss. they also fired a .44 magnum round intoa box made of bulletproof glass, and it moved maybe an inch.

anyway:
bulletproofing is made to stop bullets, and if the bullets energy is absorbed, it is tranfered into the car. if it is NOT bulletproof, it will NOT transfer, and will just pass though only transfering a small amount of energy (mostly heat) into the vehicle.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next