i was gonna post this under to reload or not to reload, but i like your post betta ahab
1.while u r reloading, run in. do not hide, do not cower. if u r scared to run in, then reload and flank them. but dont stand still.
2.if by chance u see an enemy while u r in reload, dont be scared, run TOWARD THEM, PAST THEM, then turn around and kill them. learn the circle strafe, although tce is alittle slow at it.
3.pad your score by being the first to the enemy spawn
4.don't be scared to die.
These tactics will kill you if you're up against someone who doesn't lose his cool at the sight of a madly rushing enemy.
I'd like to propose an addendum to lost's tips: use them if you notice that your oppoenents are hesitant, unsure, or plain noobs. Most importabtly, use your head. there is no universal tactic to use in every situation. You need to make decisions as you play.
* If you are against someone who tries to rage you as much as you try to rage him, I'd suggest to wait for him and be prepared to place a well-aimed slug in his brain.
* If you still want to rush it, or if you have no other choice, prepare for a gamble. How well you aim doesn't matter so much because you'll be shooting from the hip anyway, so just pick the weapon with most ammo in the magazine and walk forward (don't sprint, or you won't be able to shoot).
* With the gun low, you will have to come pretty close to be able to hit him with most of your shots.
* If you bth run out of ammo, and he makes the mistake of reloading his, switch to your other weapon and put him down with an aimed shot. Otherwise just keep firing until you are alone or dead.
* Keep pressing yourself against him (most people find it extremely unnerving).
* Crouch if you feel that he's getting too many headshots on you.