All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Weapon Requests/Suggestions
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:23 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I have a few suggeestions for guns i would like to see in this mod.

Here they are

MK23 Socom

Caliber: .45 ACP
Action: Double Action
Length: 245 mm
Height: 150 mm
Width: 38,8 mm
Weight: 1100 g
Magazine capacity: 12 rounds

This would be for the allies, for the axis i would recommend adding a modded glock that has full auto.

Colt KingCobra with 6 inch barrel
Type: Double Action
Chamber: .357 magnum (Trooper mk.V, King Cobra); .44 Magnum and .45LC (Anaconda)
Weight unloaded: differs with models and barrel lenghts
Length: differs with models and barrel lenghts
Barrel length: from 2 to 8 inches (51 - 203 mm)
Capacity: 6 rounds

PP-19 Bizon
Caliber: 9x18mm PM and PMM; 7,62x25mm Tokarev; 9x19mm Luger / Parabellum
Weight: 2.1 kg w/o magazine
Length: 425 / 660 mm (buttstock folded / open)
Barrel length: ?? mm
Rate of fire: 600 - 700 rounds per minute
Magazine capacity: 64 rounds ( 9 mm); 45 rounds (7.62mm)
Effective range: 100 - 200 meters, depending on ammunition used

M14 Rifle
Caliber: 7.62x51 mm NATO (.308 Winchester)
Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt
Length: 1120 mm
Barrel Length: 559 mm
Weight loaded: 5,1 kg (6.6 kg M14A1)
Magazine: 20 rounds, detachable box
Rate of fire: 700 -750 rounds per minute

G36C
Caliber 5.56x45mm (.223 Rem)
Length (buttstock open / folded) 998 / 758 mm 860 / 615 mm 720 / 500 mm
Barrel length 480 mm 320 mm 228 mm
Weight empty 3.6 kg (3.3 kg G36E) 3.3 kg (3.0 kg G36KE) 2.8 kg
Magazine capacity 30 rounds standard
Rate of fire 750 rounds per minute

G3
Caliber: 7.62mm NATO (.308 win)
Action: Roller-delayed blowback
Weight: 4.5kg
Overall length: 1023 mm
Barrel length: 450 mm (315 mm on G3KA4 model)
Magazine capacity: 20 rounds

M249
Standard model Para model Mk.46 mod.0 / SPW model
Caliber 5.56x45mm NATO
Weight 7.1 kg 7.1 kg 5.75 kg
Length 1040 mm 914 / 776 mm 908 / 762 mm
Barrel length 465 mm 349 mm 406 mm
Feeding belt or magazines belt only
Rate of fire, cyclic 750 - 1000 rounds per minute 750 - 1000 rounds per minute 750 rounds per minute

Anyway, i know those are alot, but i would really like to see the G3 and the colt python in this mod. And some fully auto machine gun.

thanks for reading this :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:53 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

SOCOM and M249 are must haves. G36C and G3 are probably gonna be in anyways. M14 is too ancient. Bizon is just plain bizzare. Very good suggestions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:45 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I was actually surprised when I learned that there is no support weapon class (nor support weapons for that matter) in TCE.

M-84 and M249 are ultimate weapons and really needed addition to this great modification.

M249 is better known around here (in N. America) so I'll just post link to Zastava's M-84;

http://www.zastava-arms.co.yu/images/vo ... gleski.htm

Cheers,

Outcast

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:32 pm 
Mr. Dangerous

c0m1ng3vil wrote:
M14 is too ancient.

The M14 is seeing ALOT of use in Iraq right now, some people perfer a high powered (7.62 Nato), VERY accurate rifle when their lives actually depend on it.

Take a look at this thread
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/vi ... sc&start=0

Age has very little to do with the effictiveness of a weapon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:05 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

the reason i posted the M14 and the G3 is because of the 7.62mm rounds. Also the G3 has a slow rate of fire, thus more accurate. the M14 would be single or full auto, but would have a small zoom scope (less than the sig sniper but more than just ironsights) so you could walk with it.

I added the colt python just because it looks so friggin cool, and it would be fun to blow people away in style.

The only guns i really would like to see in this mod are the G3, M249 and the colt python.

Another option for a m249 counter part could be a pmk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:45 pm 
Mr. Dangerous

The M14 is being used in IRAQ by snipers mostly, they like it because it doubles as a MBR nicely giving the best of both worlds.

This would lead to serious game inbalance.

Since there is still not a SINGLE map that requires snipers, I'd opt for the MBR version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:24 am 
High Master
High Master

All of these weapons have been suggested multiple times on the main TCE forum. That being said, I would absolutely love to see them.

I don't think we'll see support weapons such as the M249 since maps are too small, and because they would create serious balance issues.

I think some sort of G3 was actually in early internal builds. I think we'll be seeing it again. I have no idea what will be included for the opposing weapon. An M14 or a FAL would be good.

I would imagine a G36 will make it in sooner or later. It is one of the more commonly requested weapons. I'd like to see one too.

The Bizon is the perfect match for the FN P90 (almost typed RCP90, heh). I'd really like to see that make it in.

I would love to see more handguns. Revolvers would require brand new reload animations, which is bad since it is a lot of work, unless they went with a Goldeneye style reload.

Silenced pistols would be absolutely awesome. I love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:52 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Quote:
I don't think we'll see support weapons such as the M249 since maps are too small, and because they would create serious balance issues.

Maybe but then it could be limited to one per team.

Actually the same should be done with snipers. One per team is just fine and it would bring some strategically interesting options to this game.

Quote:
Silenced pistols would be absolutely awesome. I love it.

I agree but IMO they should be available only to the snipers.

Outcast

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:32 am 
Mr. Dangerous

kozak6 wrote:

I think some sort of G3 was actually in early internal builds. I think we'll be seeing it again. I

To small? Then why do we have sniper rifles at all?
The SAW would make more sense on the current maps then snipers....

Yes the G3 was in the internal releases BEFORE the 1st public release.
it was removed becuase the model/skin were not up the the standards the dev wanted.

Yes I believe it will return (so I have been told).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:49 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Yes, support weapons are more reasonable than snipers at this point.

M249 vs. NEGEV

On another note. My country completely jacked the FN-MINIMI and renamed it the M249. Am I correct? Or was it actually a mutual prepostion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:19 am 
Marksman
Marksman

The m249 would be an awesome addition to the load out. I think it would change the dynamic of the game a bit. I mean, running around with a SAW doing CQB couldn't be the easiest thing in the world.

Have you guys considered adding things like the m3 tac light? I mean illumination is an essential piece of CQB. I figure it wouldn't be the easiest thing to code, but as far as realism it would rock. I mean, I haven't really seen a first person shooter incorporate low light solutions. (don't play many.)

At any rate, Great game. I can almost smell Wolf when I'm firing the m4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:14 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

A revolver?!?!?! Try reloading that in combat....

M14, only good for sniping, i believe its the M21 as a sniper rifle if im not mistaken. You cant control it on auto. Trust me, ive fired one. Im not super experienced in shooting autos, but i have shot quite a few. The MP5 was very easy to control unloading half a mag (i shot bursts the first half). M16 is extremely easy to control on full auto, im guessing the M4 is about the same unless the barrel weight helps the M16 to be more controlable. I shot some HK, it was a G55 or somethin, dont remember, but it was hard as hell to control, assault rifle in .308, almost as hard as the M14. When i say hard, i dont mean all over the place. By hard to control i mean you just cant shoot accurately. AK47 was fairly hard to control but not too bad. Its worse than it is in the game. Also shot a Thompson SMG, that was fun, really easy to control.

Back on topic, i like the G36 and maybe the G3. Only the M249 SAW if theres larger maps so you can lay down suppressive firet. Its not some MG you can carry around in CQC like rambo. Its heavy, and you will be slow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:46 pm 
Mr. Dangerous

H22aLude wrote:
A revolver?!?!?! Try reloading that in combat....

M14, only good for sniping, i believe its the M21 as a sniper rifle if im not mistaken. You cant control it on auto. Trust me, ive fired one. Im not super experienced in shooting autos, but i have shot quite a few.

Thats why God created speed loaders :)

As for the M14, there is this thing called semiauto you know.

In fact that is the fire mode I use on the AK and M4's as well. Fullauto is for wasteing ammo for the most part, and of course supressive fire, which doesn't work very well in TC:E anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:16 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Yea i know, i use semi quite a bit, its just people think they can rush in with an M14 and unload on someone. Id like it for medium to long range shooting, not necisarily sniping, i like iron sights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:06 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

kozak6 wrote:
The Bizon is the perfect match for the FN P90 (almost typed RCP90, heh). I'd really like to see that make it in.

I smell a goldeneye player!

Anyways, I am all for support weapons but I would like to see them not being rambo guns I would like to see lots of recoil and a very slow turning raidius personaly to balance it out.

I am really looking forward to the G3 and G36, I love H&K weapons but I really want to see weapon mods put into the game so I can add a reflex sight to my MP5. Another thing thats be doing my head is why the hell is the is my guy cocking my gun when there is still a bullet in the chamber?! There needs to be some seperate animations, also I would like to see a tactical reload that takes longer but you would save the magazine if there was ammo still in it and if there wasn't you would manualy slide and breach back and forth making less noise.If we could get a G53 as well that would be kick ass!

The M14 would be a great addition! Maybe we could get an SKS on the terror side to balance it out. :)

As for the handguns, any addition of more handguns would be great revolvers arn't really my style but I would most definatly use them since they will probably pack a bigger punch if its a .357.

Well anyways, thats my rant for today.

Peace
Kozuka

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next