All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:10 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the "charging system" is much faster than any other "trowing system"
believe me!! if your in A difficult situation,
and your planning to trow A grenade at the enemy's
hold the left mouse button few seconds.
than you let go the left mouse button,
than the nade will be automaticly trowed,
while you do that, you still have A clear view of whats happening infront of you.
than you spotted someone shooting at you from a proning position,
you run away, hide behind a wall, than you quikly switch back to the primarily weopon.

but with the current "trowing system"
you have to look up and aim, to trow A long range of distance,
but when you look up, you never know whats happening infront of you.

kozak6 wrote:
With charge systems, you are also screwed if you need throw a grenade far RIGHT NOW. You have to stop, hide around a corner, charge for a few seconds, and then jump out and throw your grenade. If the bar charges faster, then you lose precision.

why do you need to hide around the corner?
its the same like the current system, the only difference is that you dont have to look up, and you dont have to trow it manually, its all automatic.
the "charging system" is the most realistic "trowing system"
that a game can have.
when you wanna trow a nade real far in real life,
you have to use allot of stamina to trow it far right?
like when you bout to trow the nade, you load up all your stamina,
than when you feel you have enough power to trow, than you should trow the nade right?
same with the "charging system"
it sepose to be all your power when you charge it.

kozak6 wrote:
Also, grenade chargine would eat up any possibility for having a secondary function for a grenade, such as rolling it. One button would have to be dedicated to throwing and priming, and the other would have to prime the grenade. Otherwise, it would be impossible to cook off a grenade.

you can always use the keyboard keys to role the nade,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:10 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

in reality, you cant charge you just change the angle of throw and it all depends on how strong your arm is, and how you throw it (overhand, underhand etc.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:00 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

For those having trouble with nades, I suggest you just practise. I killed myself alot of times in America's Army just to get my nade throw right. I had myself blown up in TCE just to learn how to properly time and cook a nade and having it land and explode on the enemy's head. All it takes is practise, just like in real life. We dont have huds, meters and charging powerups, all we can do is try and try again, you'll get it right someday.

although I would say, the TCE nade system does need something for aiming, its ridiculously hard to throw a nade into a high window without some sort of mark. It doesnt have to be a crosshair it can be like the hand in AA. (check the picture)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:31 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Yeah, the nade throwing system needs some definite work because I usually end up killing 5 of my teammates and get -10 putting me at the bottom of the server list.

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:08 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

they could just add a hud "hand" instead of a crosshair, thats good enough at least we can aim it properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:57 pm 
Master
Master

id like that hand thing from americas army where you aim with your index and thumb. ( dunno why but i really want airburst nades??)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:43 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

thats what i said. and thats whats in the picture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:49 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I'd go for that.

like throwing a baseball.

also a charge bar would COMPLETLY remove any hope of cooking off nades so your enemy can't run away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:58 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

there shouldnt be an indicator for the cook. no sound of counting but only wweak ticking. That way, the risk of cooking a nade as in real life is also presented in game. How come we cant use the standard round nades why are we using cylinders?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:45 pm 
High Master
High Master

Actually, there shouldn't even be ticking, as real grenades don't. There might be a hiss as the fuse burns, and that should be about it.

There are no round grenades in game because those are frag grenades, and it would be unrealistic to issue them. The MK3A2 (the hand grenade in game) is specifically designed produce enemy casualties during close combat while minimizing danger to friendly personnel. Besides, SWAT doesn't issue frag grenades to every single team member just to go clear out a railyard, you know? One of Hoak's points was that it was even unrealistic to give every team member flashbangs and MK3A2's.

Besides, frag grenades would hurt gameplay significantly. Is anyone here familar with the grenades in America's Army? You know, how they are MINI-NUKES? Grenades you CANNOT POSSIBLY ESCAPE FROM? It's no fun. It's one of the things that ruined AA for me.

You could have a charge bar system and retain grenade cooking if the left mouse button was for charging and throwing and the right button for grenade priming (or vice versa). Of course, charge bar systems tend to get you killed. If you need to throw a grenade far RIGHT NOW, you are out of luck since you have to wait several seconds for the damn thing to fill up.

Hmm. I wouldn't be opposed to grenade charging if it started from a full charge bar and decreased, or if when charged, it would start with a full charge for maybe half a second or so, then immediately drop to near no charge, and then increase normally from there.

The first idea is kind of counter-intuitive, though, and the second one is a little bit convoluted. Still, you need a way to throw a grenade far without a significant delay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:45 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I like the way they have it now, leave it to YOU to count it off.

I've figured it's about 7 seconds if I do it at what I think is about 60 beats per minute.

I like the idea of the hand coming out and using it as a recticle, works pretty camn good for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:17 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well, not everyone in AA has learned how to properly cook and throw a nade. You know it took me like 5 months to figure it out and actually ge t my first kill with a nade (an actuall kill not an accidental mishap by the enemy). It takes a lnog time to learn how to throw, aim, bounce, roll and airburst in AA, sure you can do it if you try but you have to time it with the enemy, most of the time you wont even be counting the ticks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:30 pm 
Master
Master

have any of you guys noticed that if you cooked a nade in tce and then pressed 1,2 or 3(switch weapons) the nade would go back in your inventory and not go off? that is really *i-need-a-broader-vocab* up..
btw i would leave the nade throwing system as it is.
people have gotten used to it by now so there's no point changing it.
ps we all just wana play the damn game asap right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:04 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well, that is unrealistic, it still needs to be fixed. I never really seen that happen since I seldom use nades and always throw the cooked nade after 3.5 secs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:11 am 
High Master
High Master

It's still glitchy if you try to use grenades while sprinting too.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next