All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Female Models
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:41 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

i know this had definately come up elsewhere but i need to say this

i think female character models and voices, as well as non-caucasion player models is imperitave not only to the realism of the game but to the sense of openess to the game.

not unreasonable is the idea of having the character models be in near proportion to the actual population statistics of the earth.

i know that for now there are more pressing issues, but i do think it is something the team should seriously consider for a future release

before i sign off on this message, i know that there are less female terrorists and specops members than in a average cross-section of the earth's populace so maybe consider what those statistics are and represent these cross-sections realistically

There are times in life when you think you could just . . .
rebuild the earth and leave out the bad parts,
but that wouldn't leave much
and this isn't one of those times . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:46 pm 
High Master
High Master

So you want to see mostly Chinese and Indian Spec-Ops and Terrorists?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:00 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

75% of them are kids or females. If they are females they are stistically over 38 years old :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:51 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

do it!

There are times in life when you think you could just . . .
rebuild the earth and leave out the bad parts,
but that wouldn't leave much
and this isn't one of those times . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:27 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

You have to consider the realism too. I dont know about other countries, but in the US there are no females in special opertions or special forces units. Altho i do think all races should be avaliable. They kinda are already tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:19 am 
Expert
Expert

I would think its more likely for a female to be a secop than in any other country. Theres at least 25% of the police force that is comprised of women.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:25 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

females arent even allowed in direct combat jobs, like infantry. yes they carry rifles and are in direct combat sometimes, but their job is not to go into combat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:18 am 
Expert
Expert

Females are in the infantry believe it or not. And they carry guns too! :shock:

Do you live in the same US of A that i do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:34 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Yes, i said they carry guns, but for example, in the Army, women are not allowed to be an 11B Infantry.
http://goarmy.com/JobDetail.do?id=47 (For 11B Infantry it says "Closed to Women")
http://goarmy.com/special_forces/qualif ... nefits.jsp ("Be a male, age 18-30 (Special Forces positions are not open to women)")

If you read the post carefully, i said yes, they participate in combat, but their jobs (MOS's in the Army) are not direct combat jobs. http://goarmy.com/JobSearchPre.do put combat as the keyword and select " Only jobs open to women", the jobs are not direct combat. However, i think they are in military police, but i dont really know much about MP's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:28 pm 
Mr. Dangerous

While it is true women are discriminated against by the US miltary, it is also true that they can become Airbourne qualified and in some cases are even allowed to go the next step and become Ranger qualified.

Something else to consider is that women are more than welcome in the worlds terror organizations, the IRA and the FARC both use women sucessfully. We do have 2 teams in TC:E after all.

Also since TC:E seems to be totally leaving the world of realsim behind, and is embrasing the world of "fantasy shooter" I don't see the big deal. I mean after all, if we are going to have "fantasy cops" with no hand cuffs who run around acting like assasins and murders, why not allow women.

[ http://truecombat.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 9&start=15 ]
ISM wrote:
Right now all we have is a modern combat simulation with 2 fantasy teams fighting each other in more or less industrial / abandoned areas. One is a fantasy police force and the other a bunch of fantasy bad guys. Whoever thinks to be able to extract a realistic theme out of this needs to visit a doctor :twisted: :wink:

I'd say anything goes with TeamTerminators "fantasy police force".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:01 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

having fantasy teams doesnt make the game less of a realism combat simulation. The thing that makes the terrorists non-terrorists to me is because they dont do things terrorists would do. Terrorists dont run around in hordes and try to blow up green crates or abandoned industrial buildings (or even steal suitcases or something like that).
Thats a point that is much stronger than the cops having no handcuffs. You cant handcuff a terrorist anyway thats why in RL terrorist actions they dont survive (unless disabled and badly wounded). To me the cops are ok-realism to me but the terrorists are more like armed-to-the-teeth criminals actually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:53 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

I don't like the whole "cop" idea at all. I am not aware of any cops that run rampant and kill everyone in site without trying to aprehend them first...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:04 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I dont either.

I dont think the US Military discriminates against women. They have certain "needs" that men dont that could get in the way out in the field. I read where a male soldier described this much better, ill try to find it, hes not sexist or anything, just telling what could happen which makes perfect sense.

But in the game, its not all US, and i dont know how other countries work. So having female characters wouldnt really cut down on realism, i dont think, but imo i think itd be a little weird having some girl saying "contact!" "enemy down!" "taking fire!" lol, but thats just me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:07 am 
Mr. Dangerous

ISMOLATOR wrote:
having fantasy teams doesnt make the game less of a realism combat simulation. The thing that makes the terrorists non-terrorists to me is because they dont do things terrorists would do. Terrorists dont run around in hordes and try to blow up green crates or abandoned industrial buildings (or even steal suitcases or something like that).
Thats a point that is much stronger than the cops having no handcuffs. You cant handcuff a terrorist anyway thats why in RL terrorist actions they dont survive (unless disabled and badly wounded). To me the cops are ok-realism to me but the terrorists are more like armed-to-the-teeth criminals actually.

I couldn't agree more about the terrorists not acting much like terrorists. The Spec Ops don't act AT ALL like cops though.
I've always assumed the problem with the terrorists was due to the silly DEM game type and it's limitations though.

I can see them stealing (or having posession of) a suitcase or other "container" with biological/chemical/nuke contests though. Just as I can see them taking various VIPS hostage (they do it all the time, and often loop their heads off too). I can also see them using the current C4 charge to destroy/damage say a power plant, or a Navy ship at dock, or any other numerous missions. Likewise I can see them using a timed "bomb" to release Anthrax or another pathogen in say a ventilation system in a large highrise building.

I'm not speaking of realism when I talk abput the "fantasy cops" I'm talking about believability. To me it's not believable to have cops whos ONLY option is using lethal force on EVERY map. We have already been over the fact that Police units don't use frag grenades.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:37 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I dont think the SpecOps should be considered cops AT ALL. I dont know what it is, i think it would just lessen the game in some way. Not that i am totally against cops (altho some i am, but some are really cool, my neighbor was the chief of police of my city a few years ago, hes cool), i just dont see them fitting into this senario at all. I wouldnt even want them to be considered a SWAT like team, i like the whole counter-terror unit ideal. Just my thoughts.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next