All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:44 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

that is a big chance huh... but actually Ive posted these pictures on the forums before... the thing is Bruce made models that TT could use ingame, the models I made are more of rendering and videopost effects, good only for cutscenes. But since I have yet to acquire a copy of the expensive 3dsMax, my production of fully textured and rendered (with all those FXs) models are at a halt. Right now, I have gmax, which I could use to make maps in the Q3format, I have the tools need for that but I have yet to try them out. Right now, all I can offer to TCE is someone to keep this NA forums up and active, plus a bit o technical help to the new players. (we've been talking over the forums all day, dont you think its easier to use chat, i have yahoo, msn, and xfire (xenosilence))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:51 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I have added xenosilence@hotmail.com in my list,
im online right now,

add my email, freestyle_passion@hotmail.com

Post subject: That model is okay...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:53 am 
Marksman
Marksman

That model is alright, but is missing alot of Accurate details. Its basically got no detail what so ever other that the basic shape. And what is the poly count? because i have an SPR which is alot more realistic and detailed and only counts in less than 3000 polygons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:34 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

like i said, it isnt finished yet, and all those other details are coming soon. (mostly, the nuts and bolts are there, the vents are there, the trigger housing and the collapsible ironsights, others will come soon, im still working on it) Overall, its above 20,000poly, I havent really taken time yet to count how many exactly. the scope alone has nearly 6000. the hand grip has around 700-900 (not sure anymore, its been so long since I made the grip itself)

Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:34 am 
Marksman
Marksman

That is outragously high for just the basic shape of the weapon. I would suggest learning a new style to modelling or just figure out some simple ways to keep the polys low. 6000 polys for a scope is extremely high, Most weapons for TCE are 3000-4000 total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:46 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

its not just the basic hape of the item. there are several areas not visible in the screenshot. some are just barely seen. deatils like the air vents, the barrel's inside, the bolts holding the parts together, several small hinges, etc. I made the model as a model and not for ingame use, so technically, everything in it is the closes approximation to the real thing. (as in the scope really is a scope as the lens are real convex lenses and not just a flat illusion) (if I got time, i might even model the insides of th chamber, complete with bullets and everything, then make some crosssection renders of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:28 pm 
Master
Master

i have an idea which you will all hate and call me an asshole but how about tt and g6 dump this project and wait until unreal tournament 2007 come out. then you can use the incredible Unreal Engine 3 to power your game. you'd have to add alot more features though. if all goes well you could even be successful like Red Orchestra and frag ops and Defence Alliance 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:02 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

man its like you can read my mind..

i also whas thinking about TT should change game engine.
cause the ET game engine is crap, it has to much limits,
and you cant do much on that game engine,

i whas actually thinking about this game engine http://www.kalonline.com
its A mmorpg, but with A little bit tweaking you can use the game engine for A FPS, that game has GIANT big ass maps, it takes more than 1 hour to walk through the hole map.
and you see no cutting adges, graphics are really really smooth...

this game is made by INIXSOFT, TT's PR's could ask INIXSOFT if they could use they're game engine,
http://eng.inixsoft.co.kr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:57 pm 
High Master
High Master

Oh, they would let TT use the engine. It's just that TT would have to pay something on the order of several thousand dollars to license the engine.

And, then they would pretty much have to scrap everything they have done, and remake it on a new engine.

A new engine, which I might add, that gets rid of the sharp edges for general blurriness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:12 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yeah.. that means well be waiting alot longer. another thing.. for those of use using AMD64 processors, the UE engine design has lots of problems regarding 64bit processors running winxp sp2. Besides, the Source Engine is way better than UE (Source engine is the halflife2 engine)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:57 am 
Master
Master

More sniper guns would be awesome :-) oh and machine guns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:09 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

too bad thats something not likely to happen. more guns under assault rifle category and SMGs and shotguns, but sniper rifles, hmmm :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:29 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I thik they're replacing sniper with marksman, with just accurate rifles *cough*m16*cough* and using them to help balance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:56 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

dont you mean sharpshooters? Snipers are trained for long range marksmanship, they are trained to follow all orders wheter the orders may seem inhuman. Snipers are regarded by regular soldiers as phychopaths and lunatics. On the other hand another variety of longrange marksmen called Sharpshooter are very different. They dont work alone, they are normally part of a squad. Their purpose is to increase the effective range of a single assault squad. They are normally armed with scoped assault rifles, usually its the ColtM4SOPMOD with an Acog4x or higher scope.

In TC:E, the SOPMOD is scoped with something the works alot like an M68Aimpoint. The M68Aimpoint is a sighting device that doesnt magnify the image but increases its visibility with a reddot sight and trijicon back light and lens. This is not done in the game, but the reddot sight is there. If you want to see this sight in action try playing America's Army, try to get your hands on a M4SOPMOD with either a AcogReflex sight (had both reddot and trijicon too) or the M68Aimpoint. If you go to a dark alley or somewhere dark, look through the sights, and youll see that the sights improves visibility by intensifying the amount of light that goes through the sight, almost like glowing, way better than using nightvision which reduces FOV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:37 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

sharpshooter, marksman, same thing in my ineducated books :P

off topic: gratz on 500 posts.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next