All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: TCE revival
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:26 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

There's basically one server running all the time, with about 8 people on average at any given time.

Hacking is tolerable at the moment, admins don't stroll the server so they can't be banned or anything, but vote kicking still works

Not many *i-need-a-broader-vocab* do it anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:12 pm 
Master
Master

Basically there is 12 TCE 49b servers running all the time, but only servers with players ,will show in your list, and as for 'Hacking is tolerable at the moment' there is nearly always an admin at shotzone bc if you think someone is hacking then say so, if they havent been kicked then youre maybe just a newbie player, regardless of peoples history alot of players have played this game since day one, thats 10 years and then some... banning works, as players find out...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:47 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Are there any efforts going to bring TC:E back in original forms or as new code base?

Seen Q3TC, but its half finished or maybe it is recreating earlier game (or maybe I seen old YT clips?).
Seen few screen shots of TC:E on top of new post code-opensourcing ET editions but nothing solid.

Anything else?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:41 pm 
Master
Master

Not entirely sure what you mean, but as far as I can understand of what you are trying to say - Kind of, in the form of MWTC.
Q3TC is TC:E's predecessor not something new.
Xreal is indeed not solid at all. Don't get your hopes up for it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:10 am 
Marksman
Marksman

What about swapping W:ET for ET:Legacy?

They solve some bugs, and PB problems (and PB is gone so maybe its not relevant anymore?).

Anyone working on that?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:40 am 
Master
Master

przemo_li wrote:
They solve PB problems

The only way to fix it is to get rid of it and find an alternative. PB may be all cool-n-dandy but never have I seen a game that works as intended with PB.

ET:Legacy seems to be nothing more than just bugfixes for W:ET and nothing of that much engine fixing which would "touch" TC:E.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:47 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

przemo_li wrote:
Are there any efforts going to bring TC:E back in original forms or as new code base?

Oh, how many years I haven't thought about this! :( Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be that much interest in creating a TCE-inspired shooter. Might be that most people are also looking for better graphics, Unreal 3 or CryEengine 3 or something, while I don't really care. Hell, I've even had an idea for a TCE-inspired Doom clone ;)

Anyway, I've been working mostly on ballistics for a few years — though, it's been on hiatus for the past 2 years or so — as well as basic ideas for the overall game design, even some offshoot ideas, like a Mech simulator.

Still, there doesn't seem to be much of an interest in a community effort to create a TCE-inspired open-source game. I'd love to do something, but I'm mostly a designer; sure, I know C, but you need more experience to programme a game. And I haven't coded in years ...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:32 pm 
Expert
Expert

Heisenberg wrote:
ET isn't supported by Punkbuster anymore... so let's hope there will be more players on MWTC soon!

Does it matter? Punkbuster still works, there just won't be updates. I don't think there is many people anymore making hacks which works with a new way. There is still those undetectable hacks and PB could never do anything with them and it wouldn't. If there comes some more simple hacks which has it's own CVARs, you can just add the cvars to your servers pb violation list.

I think we need a way to fix the server list so you can see empty servers too and make a good installer for ET+patches+tce+patches+etkey installer+punkbuster updater.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:46 pm 
Expert
Expert

The way to fix empty servers not being in the list is to fix TC:E. The command from client to master server needs a little change. I tried to do it with hex editor without success. Maybe somebody else is better with this?

http://www.dev.etlegacy.com/issues/37#change-101