All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:17 am 
Master
Master

Implenting third party weapons would be a waste of time - This is an alpha version and an alpha version needs official stuff to be tested. If there are third party maps, then there must be official maps in the map rotation too, or it is a waste of time as explained earlier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:10 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Haraldzz: As you may know they already did it once in CQB - some G3 with bad ironsights and stuff like that...Coroner was pissed

coroner wrote:
I noticed that there is at least one hacked server running, with custom content.

Wow, I would not have guessed that there are such awesome guys out there who are able to bypass the sv_official check. Yeah, now I am really looking forward for all that awesome content you will offer on your awesome hacked servers. Thanks for supporting this game so much.

Thanks also for the damage you guyz do by letting other ppl believe that the hacked stuff is still official. At least name your servers "awesome hacked crap".
Then ppl also know how awesome you and your server are.

Just to be clear. I never intended to lock sv_official forever. And I can also understand and enjoy that ppl like to modify CQB. But if you run modified public servers that still say "official" then this is really misleading and does damage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:00 pm 
Master
Master

I actually like the way Coroner looks at stuff - if something is blocking his path, he just seems to say "F*** it, I'm gonna get past it" and he does. Also, I never mentioned the server with third party crap was good - as I mentioned in my last post and as did Coroner stated, third party weapons and other crap mostly ruin stuff and mislead people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:57 pm 
Expert
Expert

Agreed, 3rd party mods ruin everything, but hell, $tealth's maps are good ones. I'd recommend importing some of his maps, to speed up the progress a bit.

I definitively want the new game modes Coroner promised. If not all, at least the better CTF and the new Capture & Hold (it's Domination right?).

The 0.23 version was pretty much playable. Lets hope the changes in 0.24 make up for a enjoyable gaming experience. After that really only maps are needed, put it into beta stage, and invite players to give it a try. With more players, maybe more bugs and glitches get exploited, and can be fixed, and then just lets release the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:21 pm 
Master
Master

Hmm... let's see what will the 0.224 offer:
* New map by Coroner himself - killhouse
* New weapons (as stated in Coroner's blog)
* Unlocking /sv_official
* Bug and glitch fixes (but ofcourse)
* SCAR-L (and maybe other weapons) get modified a bit.

Also, anyone willing to make a CQB party any time? I recently got a new computer and want to play with everything maxed out (while on my old computer the game ran on 40fps on medium graphics) pluss, let's all help Coroner - we will (maybe) find some bugs, that maybe are critical to gameplay or something and the project can one day be complete! Anyone interested?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:50 pm 
Expert
Expert

I wonder why people add custom maps on their servers, if everyone thinks they're crappy?! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:26 am 
Rock Me, Amadeus!
Rock Me, Amadeus!

InVader wrote:
I wonder why people add custom maps on their servers, if everyone thinks they're crappy?! :shock:

that's something I don't get either, everyone is whining about unlocking the mod, and at the same time they say custom content suxx standard maps > everything

just look at the crowd playing the same 4 maps on heros standard every single day :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:20 am 
Master
Master

its easy to understand
1. no one here is talking for everyone thus everyone has his own opinion about custom stuff.
2. unlocking the game gives u the opportunity to bring back old official stuff as well (northport,...) which could only have a positive effect for the game as people know these maps are good and would then have more interest in cqb.
same goes for good unofficial maps (not talking about a lot of this BC server crap).
3. u gotta consider all the different types of players in this game. old/experienced/clan players who like official+good custom maps etc.. the ones who prefer official only and the "random" casual/new players who dont really care as long as there is some minimum diversion in the game...

since most people belong to either one of these groups, u have these different opinions and again u wont see anyone that speaks for all the rest^^
conclusion: games has to be unlocked sooner or later to please the majority of the community. whether it'll lead to crappy map servers or not doesnt matter, you'll still have the choice to simply play on another server and there will be enough once the game actually comes close to some non-alpha/beta stage.

*Clan Movie #2*|xfire: snakes3k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:19 pm 
Expert
Expert

Haraldzz wrote:
Also, anyone willing to make a CQB party any time? I recently got a new computer and want to play with everything maxed out (while on my old computer the game ran on 40fps on medium graphics) pluss, let's all help Coroner - we will (maybe) find some bugs, that maybe are critical to gameplay or something and the project can one day be complete! Anyone interested?

lets see...
How about storming the CQB servers every day around 20:00 (GMT+1). I suggest these servers:

1. Official v.0.23 FREE - 85.114.128.37:27960
2. The Massa CQB BC - 83.133.112.112:29999
3. POLSKA PURE-$-KILL - 80.72.37.14:27960

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:01 pm 
Master
Master

Official 0.223 FREE has always some kind of strange stuff - it oftenly gets lagspikes, the aimbug is persistent etc.
The MASSA CQB server always seem'd fine to me, never had problem with it.
Never played on the Polish server, however it seems OK.

A little problem is the time... I have GMT+3 time zone here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:52 pm 
Expert
Expert

Haraldzz wrote:
Official 0.223 FREE has always some kind of strange stuff - it oftenly gets lagspikes, the aimbug is persistent etc.

Yer going to sleep early, eh? hehe then 1 hour sooner maybe.
hmmm... GMT+3? Belorussia, Finland?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:00 pm 
High Master
High Master

InVader wrote:
Haraldzz wrote:

Yer going to sleep early, eh? hehe then 1 hour sooner maybe.
hmmm... GMT+3? Belorussia, Finland?

Finland is GMT+2.

Aaaaanyways. I have problems joining to FREE server too. MASSA would be a better place. Or that Polish server. Trying to see if there is people online some day.
:D

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:45 pm 
Master
Master

Nah, I'm a Latvian here (it's near Bellorussia, Estonia, Lithuania)
1 hour sooner should do the trick. Let's combat... for true! (TrueCombat name reference intended)
EDIT: Just did a quick test, while trying to connect to MASSA it just stops at 99% loading and does nothing - no crash, no error, console is clean etc. Tried 0.223 NS CQB Server and everything ran perfectly. Then tried the Polish server and everything ran very well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:43 am 
Expert
Expert

The massa server hasnt been updated to the latest version of cqb. Unfortunately we're missing our server host for past few months =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:15 pm 
Expert
Expert

Ok today we stormed the servers with Haraldzz and we did lots of testing, glitching, trolling and we found some bugs. We took screens and I recorded the matches.

So Coroner if you would like to, I could send you the demo files. I'll post the screenshots with some explanation on the bugs/feedback thread.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next