All times are UTC

Post subject: Brink
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:33 am 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

Damn, after ETQW the second game for the shelf from splash damage. I mean I don't really like WET either. Install, start, play a bit, uninstall. Sad. CQB even looks better. Should have read the reviews. I thought if they offer an SDK it might be interesting, but I guess it is born dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:24 am 
Master
Master

yeahhh, i was not that interested from the start, it had some ideas but even though i like fast paced and scifi games (with some sort of movement involved) brink didnt never bite me. Good thing is i bought crysis 2 instead of brink(and i got limited edition for 42 euros) and it was worth it.

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:19 pm 
Expert
Expert

I hope that RAGE will be better. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:02 pm 
Master
Master

I hoped to see a good game, but it seamed unappealing right from the start. The maps were bland with no hope of improvement since they are located in a single structure, the gameplay mimicking current arcadey FPS's and caricatured characters which were there to make us think it can compete with Team Fortress, I guess.
BTW, am I the only one not seeing the point of an automated movement system in an action game?

All things said, I'd still pick it before Crysis 2.

Hopefully, Alice: Madness Returns, Beyond Good and Evil 2 and Deus Ex 3 won't disappoint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:29 am 
Master
Master

Damien wrote:
BTW, am I the only one not seeing the point of an automated movement system in an action game?

All things said, I'd still pick it before Crysis 2.

I dont know was that directly for me, but either way.
I believe MP experience on Brink might be mildly better (and i was disapointed at crysis first as i bought it first for MP) but for SP i think Crysis 2 was worth the 42 euros i paid. As a scifi fan with wild imagination i was totaly sucken into story. I even didnt find any flaws before second playtrough. Also it looks gorgeus for console game (and consoles realy lack photorealistic games. There is better looking games ofcourse)

The movement which doesnt realy add anything but cosmetic and little more fluidness is a bit Meh for me, i know some people think its revolutionary but i just find more "quake-like" movement better and entertaining.

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:24 am 
Master
Master

Fun game, but the AI is not that great, and multiplayer seems unbalanced at times. Waiting for some updates to straighten some things out.