All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:44 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Corona is the part of the weapon you put against your shoulder,and there are several diferent positions to use it in real life.Wearing the corona in front of the shoulder or above of it ,this way the iron sight will be closer from you.Tn game doesnt seem to do a great difeference cause i allready tryed them all,and even with custom ones.I hope i was able to explain better this time ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:53 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Peak clipping. In this case the engine tries to play a sound louder than possible.

Sometimes it happens when the enemy is on a floor above you.[/quote]

I always wondered why it did that. Are the sample outputs too high? Or is it the engine that's doing that? I would think that you could just master the samples with a lower volume to give the engine some headroom.[/quote]

its the sound bit rate ,dont forget the game sounds are in mp3 format,decreasing the gain volume isnt the solution.The sound needs to be remastered .I made a post asking if coroners needed haelp with the guns sounds and even with nades sounds(cause i think kind of lame the hit sound of the nades on the floor are equal ,besides the different nades).
And for the guns sounds i sample them from the real ones!No one replyed i thought they could do a good work,i was wrong :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:26 pm 
Expert
Expert

Thanks Gu!zmO, i understood now. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:42 pm 
Master
Master

A quick peek at both TC:E and CQB sounds and they are all .wav files so I'm not convinced about the bit rate argument yet.
OK, there are some that aren't top notch quality but that's far from the clipping that was going on in the first alpha release.

As for the coronas, they are map entities which simulate the glow around the light sources.
Some console commands to check out:
Code:
cg_coronafardist  1536    either the size or cull distance of corona effect
cg_coronas           1     toggles the corona effect around lights

In-game each one adds an additional plane (two polygons) around the light source so it's natural that some players will want more control over them for optimization purposes.

I like the idea of new weapon sounds.

EDIT:
Dynamic eye mimics eye's adaptation to brighter or darker settings than the one you're currently in.
For an example, when you're in a dark room looking at a sunlit exterior it might seem brighter than it actually is. Then, when you get outside the brightness normalizes but the interior looks darker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:39 pm 
Expert
Expert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:10 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Damien wrote:
A quick peek at both TC:E and CQB sounds and they are all .wav files so I'm not convinced about the bit rate argument yet.
OK, there are some that aren't top notch quality but that's far from the clipping that was going on in the first alpha release.

As for the coronas, they are map entities which simulate the glow around the light sources.
Some console commands to check out:
Code:
cg_coronafardist  1536    either the size or cull distance of corona effect
cg_coronas           1     toggles the corona effect around lights

In-game each one adds an additional plane (two polygons) around the light source so it's natural that some players will want more control over them for optimization purposes.

I like the idea of new weapon sounds.

EDIT:
Dynamic eye mimics eye's adaptation to brighter or darker settings than the one you're currently in.
For an example, when you're in a dark room looking at a sunlit exterior it might seem brighter than it actually is. Then, when you get outside the brightness normalizes but the interior looks darker.

the pk3 packs are with mp3 sound files not wav,if they were in wav the sound quality would be much better .Btw where did u c the wav files? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:23 pm 
Rock Me, Amadeus!
Rock Me, Amadeus!

Gu!zmO wrote:
the pk3 packs are with mp3 sound files not wav,if they were in wav the sound quality would be much better .Btw where did u c the wav files? :?

Sry, but they are wav, if you ever looked into the pk3s then you'd know that (they are only renamed zip files, hint hint).
Also the et engine can't play mp3, but only wav :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:27 pm 
Master
Master

Not a single .mp3 in the .pk3's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:35 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

im not sure now :oops: but in 48 on my server they were in mp3 ,have to check it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:46 pm 
Expert
Expert

Should the breath-control work yet? I don't see any difference when in "AC"-mode.

Oh and sometimes when you have just died you see the "hand" -icon because you are possibly pointing at your own weapon what you just dropped on the ground..

Last edited by jussi on Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:21 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

By the way, you get the weird "phantom hand" in the death animation with grenades too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:41 pm 
Expert
Expert

Coroner:
Im not sure if you addressed these issues, but they seem to be the the bigger issues I see for future gameplay. A huge negative for me atleast and im sure many others would agree:

In Tc:e the left lean did not work. If you were to left lean yourself around a corner and the opposite person directly in front of you leaned to the right they will see you before you see them. Tested in cqb it is the same as tce. You can practically see the whole upper body of the 'left leaner' while the 'left leaner' cannot see anything from the 'right leaner' on his screen. So right leaning gives huge advantage over left. I'm not sure if this is how you intended it because the gun is held on the right side of the body and naturally you'd have to pop out more as a left leaner to see since the gun is on the right.

http://imagebin.org/148374 - right lean
vs.
http://imagebin.org/148381 - left lean

Next issue I still saw from your latest updates that there still is the 'no recoil' when you hold down the free look key and shoot. Wallmark bullet holes barely move or stay in the same spot. This was posted in my first bug test and hasn't been spoken of or hinted at since. Now I'm not trying to rush you here and I noticed that you fixed a huge amount of issues and the game is already picking up momentum to be great, but those 2 issues should be in my opinion the biggest on the to do list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:54 pm 
Expert
Expert

|2oss® wrote:
Coroner:
Im not sure if you addressed these issues, but they seem to be the the bigger issues I see for future gameplay. A huge negative for me atleast and im sure many others would agree:

In Tc:e the left lean did not work. If you were to left lean yourself around a corner and the opposite person directly in front of you leaned to the right they will see you before you see them. Tested in cqb it is the same as tce. You can practically see the whole upper body of the 'left leaner' while the 'left leaner' cannot see anything from the 'right leaner' on his screen. So right leaning gives huge advantage over left. I'm not sure if this is how you intended it because the gun is held on the right side of the body and naturally you'd have to pop out more as a left leaner to see since the gun is on the right.

http://imagebin.org/148374 - right lean
vs.
http://imagebin.org/148381 - left lean

Next issue I still saw from your latest updates that there still is the 'no recoil' when you hold down the free look key and shoot. Wallmark bullet holes barely move or stay in the same spot. This was posted in my first bug test and hasn't been spoken of or hinted at since. Now I'm not trying to rush you here and I noticed that you fixed a huge amount of issues and the game is already picking up momentum to be great, but those 2 issues should be in my opinion the biggest on the to do list.

100% agreed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:43 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Wow that's quite pronounced, I wonder why I hadn't really noticed that before...
I read in a Urban CQB Train manual by the military (I'll post a link if I can find it again) that to lean/go around corners you ought to switch shoulders that you're gun is on... Doesn't really make sense to me but that's what they said. It was an interesting document to read, I try to find a link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:12 pm 
Master
Master

well i'd say the casual players simply dont care too much to notice^^ but exactly this is what has always been causing quite some trouble on servers. people start talking bullshit about how they got "suspiciously" killed,... and it often leads to false accusations when its just a better understanding of the game/knowing this bug^^ (this applies to a lot of other stuff as well (in tce/cqb as mostly everywhere ->knowledge is power :) )
so yea i'd really like to see this fixed as well, even if it in a way is more realistic as it is now. it simply has to be a a decision pro gameplay and contra realism in this case.

*Clan Movie #2*|xfire: snakes3k

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next