All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 75  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:46 pm 
Expert
Expert

Craterus wrote:
King_pl wrote:
I believe no one on this forum like this new feature in CQB. Right ? :D

I don't really like it, it should be redone, but it works (better than having almost nothing happen like in TC:E); see my post on the wishlist.

I don't like it, either but after MW2 I got used to it. I guess a mentioned, that in the middle the transparency of that overlay thingy should be like 80% or so.

Or even better... no blood splatter, but red vein-like lines reaching to the center of your screen. The more you're hurt, the longer they are. In my imagination it would look absolutely cool, but sry no time to photoshop that now :D

Like when the veins in your eyes get cracked or something. In a nice way it could show you where from you got shot... but that would need some crazy "burst-form" alpha overlays... if you know what I mean...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:42 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

King_pl wrote:
Harbeck wrote:
think health regeneration is too fast IMO.

I think there should be NO regeneration at all ! :/
Those red smudges on whole screen ..are really discouraging and awful.

I believe no one on this forum like this new feature in CQB. Right ? :D

Painkiller or "red smudges"?

I like both although they could be redone, especially painkiller. I would like painkiller to just temporarily "boost" your hp after receiving damage.

For example, it would let you be "yourself" for another 2-3 minutes and then return your hp where it was before painkiller effect.

Also, when "painkiller" effect wears off, and if you have received additional damage that combined with damage that painkiller has temporarily nullified is enough to kill you, you should be dead.

O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:54 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I loaded up CQB several hours it was released, and I think it has a lot of potential. The test map is not the greatest but does what it needs to do. I see Coroner's blog already covered a fix for the random spawn. I'm looking forward to seeing larger, playable maps.

I don't have much criticism to offer that hasn't already been expressed. Coroner keeps coming out with updates I'll keep checking it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:35 pm 
Expert
Expert

now, now... I was actually waiting when will coroner show his troll side :D Most devs would have had it in 4 months :D gotta let off some steam ;-)

So what I understood from the rest was, that Cor wants to push FPS gaming to the next generation.... right? Big plans :-) I don't know yet how much I will like that, but I'm happy to be among the 1st to experience it.

Suddenly I'm starting to think, games are growing too "new" for me... and I'm not a 30 something. Sooo... yeah. werid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:03 pm 
Master
Master

InVader wrote:
now, now... I was actually waiting when will coroner show his troll side :D Most devs would have had it in 4 months :D gotta let off some steam ;-)

So what I understood from the rest was, that Cor wants to push FPS gaming to the next generation.... right? Big plans :-) I don't know yet how much I will like that, but I'm happy to be among the 1st to experience it.

Suddenly I'm starting to think, games are growing too "new" for me... and I'm not a 30 something. Sooo... yeah. werid

Its not trolling >.>
But there is reasons why most developers (especialy commercial) dont hang much with community. Well gotta respect those steel nerves that developers have... And balls to throw our crap back.

I dont see recent post as future plan, rather story "what happened after 07"

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:09 pm 
High Master
High Master

Right now I'm just happy that coroner even posts in his blog.
Of course it would always be interesting to hear what he is working right now, is it finally somekind of OBJ one-life gamemode or new map or what...
:wink:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:11 pm 
Expert
Expert

I'm glad that these plans include new ET binaries! I know it is "biting a sour-apple" because of lots of troubles and loss of punkbuster support, but I think that you have already pushed the ageing ET engine near its limits :)

btw: about your request on SD forums - I think that your best chance is Trebor (Tr3b) who has already offered you his help half a year ago or a few other cool guys at #xreal @freenode.net
I guess I could provide you with some of mine normal&specular mapped materials, but I doubt you would have wanted my help.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:38 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I just want to say great work Coroner. I played over the weekend with a few friends, one of whom didn't really like TC:E, and it was really fun...three of use played LAN for hours. So much better for small groups. Really fantastic work, its amazing you can do so much with the old ET engine...now for some more maps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:18 am 
High Master
High Master

The new regeneration speed from the block sounds good.
Very good.
:D

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:20 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Yeah that list of changes sounds really good. The todo's seem like they'ed be hard, but very good improvements.

One question, why the increase of turning speed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:04 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Quote:
“P* off you f* b* i* f* . F*, p* the f* off you f* piece of s* you f* s*b*.

No offense, but this had to be said.

"had to be" ?? in such way ?

I think Coroner u should be more understanding and have more respect for players who are still /was devoted to TCE :/

Personally Im not disappointed CQB- it has huge potential, but im very disappointed your post.

No offense, but this had to be said :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:29 pm 
Expert
Expert

i can understand coroner. you did and still do a good job. BTW we dont hate cqb, we just love tce so much :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:16 pm 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

Quote:
One question, why the increase of turning speed?

Well, maybe I listened too much to the complains about it.
The topic consistency between turning speeds was brought up. And while I don't see a problem for me at all, this argument sounded meaningful to me.

Basically I am just compromising with ppl that ask for higher speeds here and made them consistent.
We will see how it effects gameplay. If it gets to arcady, it'll be down again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:51 pm 
Master
Master

So the loudest and squeekiest wheel DOES get the oil; that doesn't seem like a very good approach to design decisions. The people CQB's initial design is/was going to appeal to most, don't even know about it yet...

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:42 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

hoak wrote:
So the loudest and squeekiest wheel DOES get the oil; that doesn't seem like a very good approach to design decisions. The people CQB's initial design is/was going to appeal to most, don't even know about it yet...

:(

If that were the case, then all of your suggestions would be used :P hehheee heee.

Anyway I like it and think it's great Coroner is listening to the bulk of the feedback. Plus, it's only an alpha. No changes are permanent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 75  Next