All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 75  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:37 pm 
Master
Master

I hope game will be good as u promising Coroner :)
Hope ur next step will be to bring old TT members to help u develop or take any other coder and maper from tce comunnity i belive they would be happy to help u

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:49 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Last edited by KrazyDancerKone on Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:15 pm 
Expert
Expert

Yes Krazy, you are good at what you do :D. Also to express my thought a bit more on the server size limits: I think that the people playing this game will indeed want to make their own servers. Now the thought is, if there are servers which can hold, say 30+ players and are always full then we'll end up having the same crap we have in tce right now. Dozens of servers with no players in them and only a select few with people in them, others awaiting gamestate. I think what BlackOps did correctly is that it limited its server slots to a point where people have to fill up other servers in order to play. Thus promoting server settings, game experiences, and clans. As well as eliminating a form of monopoly by larger servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:56 am 
High Master
High Master

|2oss® wrote:
Also PirateBay and AK47 servers are some of the laggiest servers in the game.

They are sometimes laggy yes, I usually lag more on the gmsm-servers, might be related, might be just bad luck.

But... I don't think that the content makes the game lag. Damn, HeroS is one of the most laggiest (is that a word?) servers around, and it is almost pure. It has huge random lag spikes all the time. All the time, and many players are whining about it, including me.
Custom content won't make the servers lag, it is your timezone and the provider mostly.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:45 am 
Master
Master

so, you guys are hiding *i-need-a-broader-vocab* loads of content somewhere in your asses just to wait you can release it first on CQB?

Damm we have something fresh in our hands and people are already whining that we cant have custom content?

Just let the alpha go, wait the beta :P

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:55 pm 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

Quote:
so, you guys are hiding *i-need-a-broader-vocab* loads of content somewhere in your asses just to wait you can release it first on CQB?

Damm we have something fresh in our hands and people are already whining that we cant have custom content?

Just let the alpha go, wait the beta

Well said and thanks for that statement.

I am happy that ppl will like to contribute, but hey the alpha is not even out.

Regarding the sever slots, as I mentioned before, there will be a max of 12 players + two for spectators or private slots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:47 pm 
Master
Master

They're not full for me, either, Bionic. Not everyone plays from Europe...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:46 pm 
Master
Master

Massa Bc is often populated as well, and it has custom content in it :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:06 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Why are You trying guys to force Coroner make 3rd party content be official ? It's really smallest issue as long as in server lobby default all servers will be visible :)

I think most people here will agree that stock TC maps are much nicer in compare to 3rd party ones. Official server limited only to stock content is great indicator of High Quality native True Combat brand. Specially for new players who want first play after download and not wait until 9999 zzzz__.pk3 will download :evil:

Of course some 3rd party content is so close nice TC quality and sure the vision for outsider developers to include own 3rd part content to official release will motivate many people for higher quality, it's still big problem regarding contribute copyrights engaging too much TC crew free time... The smaller initial installation will be, the more new players we acquire ~600MB (CQB) -> 1600MB (CQB + custom content).

Let we first TC CQB comes, then maybe Coroner will consider later the patch to change anything You want guys :) Now we need progress in CQB coding , CVARs rules are really not most important now.

I'm little not happy with 12 players limit as it's 6 per team ?
Usually CT team is 4 players then to attack front / back we need 8 players per side. With limited players amount some tactics people can be strongly unhappy :idea: So i really suggest to increase limit to 16 players if possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:48 pm 
High Master
High Master

varsovie wrote:
Why are You trying guys to force Coroner make 3rd party content be official ? It's really smallest issue as long as in server lobby default all servers will be visible :)

I think most people here will agree that stock TC maps are much nicer in compare to 3rd party ones. Official server limited only to stock content is great indicator of High Quality native True Combat brand. Specially for new players who want first play after download and not wait until 9999 zzzz__.pk3 will download :evil:

Of course some 3rd party content is so close nice TC quality and sure the vision for outsider developers to include own 3rd part content to official release will motivate many people for higher quality, it's still big problem regarding contribute copyrights engaging too much TC crew free time... The smaller initial installation will be, the more new players we acquire ~600MB (CQB) -> 1600MB (CQB + custom content).

Let we first TC CQB comes, then maybe Coroner will consider later the patch to change anything You want guys :) Now we need progress in CQB coding , CVARs rules are really not most important now.

I'm little not happy with 12 players limit as it's 6 per team ?
Usually CT team is 4 players then to attack front / back we need 8 players per side. With limited players amount some tactics people can be strongly unhappy :idea: So i really suggest to increase limit to 16 players if possible.

Mostly agree, but I lived in a thought, that Coroner asked for help, mappers and others to make more content. Releasing game with one map isn't going to last long if it takes months to create even second one.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:56 pm 
Master
Master

coroner wrote:
Regarding future maps, my plan would be to first upgrade some TCE maps.

As first selfish bastard with map wishes i would like to see village having some heavy redesing in centrain areas, it has very nice concept.

Other few being "Baughenbite" and "cityheat" from old TC. Maybe fitting some tactical objects (penetrateable objects) into the maps more.

One question about test map. Since you said its more into the contrastfull scenery of q3TC 0.45 instead of TCEs washed off look...

How much into 0.45? I like the very dark and grey colours im dealing in 1.2 (which obviously is very similar to 0.45) but test map still seems not to be anything like that based on the alpha test video.

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:55 pm 
Expert
Expert

Looking forward to this coroner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:00 pm 
Expert
Expert

Anyway.. herr coroner you should not forget that TCE would greatly benefit from native DDS support. And why is that? It is simply because dds texture format enables you to use high resolution textures (read: bling-bling graphics) at very small hardware cost.
It is true that W:ET already supports dxt compression (which creates dds files from jpg or tga), but it does so at map loading. And transforming a few dozen high resolution textures (plus creating mipmaps!) at map loading means that the map might load a few minutes instead of 30s or something like that..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:33 pm 
Expert
Expert

gonzo|Uncle Bionic wrote:
|2oss® wrote:
Heros the most standard/official server is practically always full. The giant customized ones, not so..

I disagree. PirateBay and AK47 BC servers are always full, and they support more players too.

Wrong :) both servers don't exist anymore, while Heros Standard survived. Ak-47 was good until the shitty maps came. BUT even Ak-47 BC was only there to replace Shotzone Czech BC (rip).

Shotzone Czech BC was the best, there were only official maps, all standard weapons were available, and most importantly, we had Sig550 bugfix. Ppl started to look after other servers when the frequent PB kicks came (something with invalid pk3 files). Later the PB got outdated on the server, therefor, the server got full with cheaters. Those 2 were the only reasons. Before all that crap came, it was the best server, yet only with a few unofficial content... mostly bug fixes. No 3rd party weapons or maps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:23 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Uncle, DutchFix won't be nessesary in the new release. If it is, I declare coroner a complete idiot, once again.

I haven't seen this in previous posts yet, but coroner, what is your input on kill cams(5sec view from the killer) ? This seems quite suitable for a mod like this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 75  Next