All times are UTC

Post subject: Medal Of Honor.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:19 pm 
Master
Master

Anyone can recomend this new medal of honor or is waiting for it? I mean i loved Allied Assault and Rising Sun 2, Pasific Assault had nice single player for me. But one of the biggest thing i want to buy this new medal of honor is that i have heard its the cod killer. Like cod without all shit like perks, levelups and nade spam *I need a large hot beef injection ♡* action. And a lot more realistic. Dedicated servers. Good single player.

And this one is for ps3 since my rig pretty much can run it only on low with 40 fps i think. Less online. Also i have problems to play online (vista+wlan=connection terminated).

Also not to mention one thing. Im curious about cod: black ops only for two things. New era which i want to see how it works and zombies (which i have heard that there have to be zombies). Because i think its again going to be one overrated 70 euro game im going to search reused game and maybe check it. Only if i find it for 20-30e

But back to medal of honor. So what do you except from it? And should i buy it? I think i try demo if it will come out.

growing

getting stronger

Post subject: Re: Medal Of Honor.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:35 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

RedRuM wrote:
Also not to mention one thing. Im curious about cod: black ops only for two things. New era which i want to see how it works and zombies (which i have heard that there have to be zombies).

i heard that EA announced there wont be any zombies,

Post subject: Re: Medal Of Honor.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:55 pm 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
RedRuM wrote:
Also not to mention one thing. Im curious about cod: black ops only for two things. New era which i want to see how it works and zombies (which i have heard that there have to be zombies).

Lol and i even have to google it....

I mean. How the hell EA is saying anything about game which will be published by activision and made by treyarch :P ?

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:10 pm 
Master
Master

Quote:
But one of the biggest thing i want to buy this new medal of honor is that i have heard its the cod killer.
I don't quite understand this. You dislike cod but can't wait for MoH because it will be a CoD killer?
I'd get it if you liked cod and expected something better but this seems kind of redundant. Like, I'll hail any crap as long as it's not CoD.

Now don't get me wrong I dislike CoD strongly but I don't expect more from MoH as I did not see that much of a difference. Like mortaring to replace nade spamming (although it will more likely be mortaring + nade spamming). I saw no proof of it being more realistic.

To answer your question, I expect it to be fun but for a short while.

The same goes for Black Ops.

Dragonathan wrote:
That's a bit weird since it's Activision's game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:50 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ive seen someone typed EA on youtube,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:50 pm 
Master
Master

The multiplayer is in Open Beta, go play and find out for yourself. It's probably going to suck.

http://www.medalofhonor.com/pcopenbeta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:32 pm 
Master
Master

Baal wrote:
The multiplayer is in Open Beta, go play and find out for yourself. It's probably going to suck.

http://www.medalofhonor.com/pcopenbeta

yay quadcore recomended :roll: well nothing to lose if i test.... doesnt take too much time either. 2 hours. i though its far more bigger.

thanks and yea i understand why it would suck (now what i have heard). i tihnk it will be total flop.

im still gonna try it

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:02 pm 
Master
Master

Well, it definitely isn't a killer of any sort.

Quick 1st day recap:

+great graphics
+great performance
+great physics
+great audio (recorded samples + environment effects like echo)
+lot of auto chat (reloading/enemy down/check your mag/etc.)
+you can hear enemies talking

-no prone
-no leaning
-no diagonal sprinting
-ironsight/reddot/zoom while jumping
-non-realistic damage model, worse than MW1/2 without hardcore mode
-bland maps
-too much bloom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:05 pm 
Master
Master

RedRuM wrote:
yay quadcore recomended well nothing to lose if i test....
When it comes to games, CPU is rarely something to worry about. I'm guessing quad core is in the requirements simply to justify it's existence. :D

No edit > double post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:15 pm 
Master
Master

Lol what a killer :P

Well i try tomorrow.

Hey seriously how im suposed to play it with lower than required (minimum is about 2ghz dual and i have 1.9 ghz dual. Tho i have heard that it should work. Atleast at other games which require 2ghz) and with my geforce.... Which is on the limits. I can say for sure that my video card will support dx10 which is minimum :D but about pixel shaders im not sure. If its still 3 im in. But as i remember my video card supports pixel shader model 4.

I was thinking what about bad company but i have neither heard good things about it :/

I would have bought ps3's MAG but my network capasity is too low (mag because its quite realistic and doesnt have too much shit :D )

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:49 pm 
Master
Master

okay i tested it. Well i dont know what to say O_O

Lets start at the graphics:
Indeed best perfomance/visual balance. Best what i have saw. Huge disapointment was that there was no 800x600 resolution i usualy use with heavy games. I almost shocked about the minimum resolution. My videocard can run well many modern games but only with that magical 800x600.
Weird that requirements were so low. 3 ghz one core ? Pff. Well worked averangly at 30 fps with sadly almost everything on low. After 3 hours it droped about 7-10 (so now its 20-23) on small map ! Also i did get awfull 5 fps chokes (i got 5 fps)

Guns: not many guns but its only beta. No recoil.... Wtf legal hax.well i heard dice made good choice and made hardscore mode "INCREASING" gun recoil. Lol what might be that increase.
Gun sounds were impresive and also it was cool when you were on iron sight the sound was different than unsighted.

Realism: have to say its not that unrealistic. Clearly better than cod in my experience.

Nade spam: its not working :D
Seriously because i wanted to get some exp for shotgun i did try nade spam. I got 5 nade kill over all on my whole game session. 2 kills with nade launcher and 6 with rpg.
Rough and rocky mountains of vietnam prevent spam and mortar nicely. Mortar doesnt give you bunch of kills. And you actualy can exhange mortaring ability to less offensive munition drop :P

Levelup: im extremely glad to see they didnt overdo it like in cod. Yes you get a lot more stuff when you level up but it doesnt mean everythings unequal. Even weakest snipers can shoot to head and if you hit for example to chest, enemy might loose concentration and miss a shot with hes cool insta bolt action sniper. Theres only 3 classes and they are not perks. Its only start weapon reason to think what to choose and way to open more guns (level 5 support dude gets shotgun, others can take it and level up with it. Game is not too much based on leveling.

Map desing: quite interesting. Desing is like combo of old and new (atleast two beta maps i saw). The mountainy level was too sniper based tho.
I hope other maps are following same maners. (no nade spam :D )

Raddar: meh doesnt change the game too much. Only good for showing if theres a long time camper with lmg on some not so visible spot. I bet hardscore doesnt have it.

Overall with all this stuff i could buy this for console shooter. Mortar is a joke. Well balanced joke :P

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:03 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i dont think leveling up is realistic, in real life you can use what ever weapon you want without leveling up,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:19 pm 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
i dont think leveling up is realistic, in real life you can use what ever weapon you want without leveling up,

Agreed. Well ofcourse there is militaristic career but its not like in games. Still level up does not interfere too much to the gameplay.

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:36 pm 
Master
Master

Damien wrote:
-no leaning
-no diagonal sprinting
-ironsight/reddot/zoom while jumping
-non-realistic damage model, worse than MW1/2 without hardcore mode
-bland maps
-too much bloom

Theres few things i want to discuse/comment. Well prone is not important since it seems war is pretty dynamic.

No lean is very anoying few times.

"no diagonal sprint" i dont know what you mean xD

Damage model is quite... Hmm... Well atleast i noticed shoulder is counted as head and everything downwards is legs. (remembering my cool shoulder headshots)
Ironsight jumping...
-..- long live pacman

Maps are actualy pretty nice. Makes spamming less effective and everything more interesting. Well maybe they are little too linear.

Maybe slightly too much blood :/

growing

getting stronger