All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:32 pm 
Master
Master

You have a lot of unnecessary polys.

Don't have time at the moment to add more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:54 pm 
Master
Master

Damien wrote:
You have a lot of unnecessary polys.

Don't have time at the moment to add more.

Hahhahaa :mrgreen: maybe best part of your correction was the "wireframe error?"

Nope its not waste of polys nor error. Thats my optimization "marks" into old model. Where did you think i got so godless amount faces? FRONT had something like 1600 faces and same with back. I could change those "marks" into two separate half circles but not one full circle. My modeling knowledge is yet on state "learning" so i cant do everything i know i should correct. Pretty much every thing you pointed out was in my to-do list exept one. I dont want to fake those bumps :? I agree true combat is old game but it doesnt mean i try to get rid off all little detail. Notice that i dont know yet how to texture these models so i wouldnt get the bump there. And if the bumps are very unnoticable i will make them more visible :P. I do think that the thing on right might be useless with bumps so i might make there something more simple. I made it in a hurry (duplicate, scale, rotate, move.) so thats not lasting forever.

Umm i had problem with that single bump there. Because if i tried to make it more simple it made extra polygons inside the bump thats also one thing im looking to fix. Down the thing where the bump is you marked one of those "wireframe errors" which realy is only one thing i didnt notice. Also i havent weld those thing on up and right yet so thats only one simple adjust (oh yeah i said that earlier that the thickness of the scope is infinity so there basicly nothing.

I dont yet know a lot about wings 3d but i yet havent found option to creat cylinder with more or less faces (currently 16)

And you might want to ask why those lines look so messy and twisted and stuff... Well i used the smoothening which increased the detail and added more circular feeling into scope. But added shit loads of faces. So now i have combined those faces to get rid of some detail and verts = detail is way better than when i started and it haves way less verts

Tomorrow i try and want to polish it into very early alpha state IF i get it into 700 verts and still keep detail almost like that

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:58 pm 
Expert
Expert

I think you need to start with some beginner tuts for Wings3d and then move on and apply them to your gun/red-dot. That way you atleast know the basics of 3D modeling and would also know a bit more about your program and how to get good results out of it. I would help you with that, except that I don't use Wings3D, so I'm useless helping you there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:38 am 
Master
Master

Alpha Red wrote:
I think you need to start with some beginner tuts for Wings3d and then move on and apply them to your gun/red-dot. That way you atleast know the basics of 3D modeling and would also know a bit more about your program and how to get good results out of it. I would help you with that, except that I don't use Wings3D, so I'm useless helping you there.

Well i admit i might have rushed too early but i usualy even without willing learn from the hard way and mistakes. But i have watched some tutorials and going to try new thing curving, spliting creating new faces with my mouse and other new stuff with my new glock.

I dont know :D i have never ever liked to learn theory and usualy im going to be bored of whole thing. So we will see how im doing after 1 week of fail :?

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:43 pm 
Master
Master

i tried to optimize more and got about 172 faces and 700 verts. I think thats good :D but when i watched without wireframe i got weird shadows on different places which i dont think that are visible in textured model (wings used the basic render so thats reason why i dont think its visible.

And now i try to figure out how to bend/curve objects

Btw im curious why anyone havent ever tried to make stuff for true combat since it looks like there is more people who understand modeling and basic stuff
:? ?

And how much i should lower verts and faces so that its okay for true combat ?

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:47 pm 
Master
Master

i havent and dont add pictures now :o

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:33 pm 
Master
Master

RedRuM wrote:
Btw im curious why anyone havent ever tried to make stuff for true combat since it looks like there is more people who understand modeling and basic stuff?
http://www.truecombatelite.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=8

Quote:
And how much I should lower verts and faces so that its okay for true combat?
Just be rational about it. Don't waste tris on insignificant detail and you'll get to use it where it matters.

Also, you might want to check this tool out: http://www.k-3d.org/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:43 pm 
Master
Master

Damien wrote:
RedRuM wrote:
Btw im curious why anyone havent ever tried to make stuff for true combat since it looks like there is more people who understand modeling and basic stuff?
http://www.truecombatelite.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=8

Quote:
And how much I should lower verts and faces so that its okay for true combat?
Just be rational about it. Don't waste tris on insignificant detail and you'll get to use it where it matters.

Also, you might want to check this tool out: http://www.k-3d.org/

I meant why nobody have ever done anything for original true combat.... Except rang3r1_2 but even he havent yet finished his scar :P

And i think its now bad thing to change the program when im not even fully in the basics. I think when i understand the terms and basic idea im going to go there. But what i dont believe is that any pro would realy take that :D i have saw realy inccredible blender made animations and models.

Im still more into "not removing bumps" line. But i have though options for that side "wheel" and maybe try it out for next picture and i think that bump (on that long sticky cylinder) will be re done :wink:

You will be amazed when i send comparansion picture for the highest detailed and shitloads facevertied scope, current, and the coming scope what im going to improve.
(amazed how much shit first one got)
I might not have time tomorrow.

And well i may want to use that k-3d for help (curving, bending, optimizing) but basics i make with wings 3d

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:32 pm 
Expert
Expert

If you are intending to put these in TC or TC:E, I'd suggest you find a program that can export to .md3 as easily as possible and as stable as possible. That way, oyu can either decide to switch to that program or to just use it for exporting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:25 am 
Master
Master

Alpha Red wrote:
If you are intending to put these in TC or TC:E, I'd suggest you find a program that can export to .md3 as easily as possible and as stable as possible. That way, oyu can either decide to switch to that program or to just use it for exporting.

I will check it when i have time

I think wings 3d have somewhere mdl3 plugin. And if not i quess it transfer it trough blender which haves mdl3 plugin.

But guy who suggested wings 3d for me is part of quake 3 mod developer team so i think it will have plugin (or they have made their own)

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:27 pm 
Master
Master

My latest count is: 142 faces, ~760 edges and 668 verts :D

I introduce more tomorrow.

Not yet new pictures.

And i have learned much more.

Btw when i turn on my computer tomorrow i have so much to ask. I just wrote much but my webbrowser messed all up

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:42 pm 
Expert
Expert

If you need help getting it into TC:E or TC I can probably help you there. I can also give you some good tips as I've learned basically everything I know from tuts and various other places.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:42 am 
Master
Master

Alpha Red wrote:
If you need help getting it into TC:E or TC I can probably help you there. I can also give you some good tips as I've learned basically everything I know from tuts and various other places.

Ye i may know how to put it in since i have studied struckture of m4 packet folder. But my only bigest concerne (not that big) is can i use same texture and shader as m4's T1 scope haves ?

I tried uv mapping and it partly felt easy. Now i have to check that youtube toturial again to see how to import that texture image into paint or photoshop :P

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:35 pm 
Master
Master

hey new pics over here :D

ye i try to texture it right now. it looks like the user interface in uv mapping in wings is quite simple so i think im going to do pretty decent job.

i first just rip T1 scope textures and try them out

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:19 pm 
Master
Master

I have problems trying to open md3 files in blender. I think i instaled it wrong (the plugin) tho i did as it said i should. Also i have done some work on glock. I think i try that other program.

growing

getting stronger