All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:07 am 
Master
Master

oh yeah, when you get shot will there be some sort of decrease in speed, dropping to the ground, making it impossibly for the shot person to shoot back or some sort of uncontrolled behaviour?

You might have posted about the recoil but I can't recall if or when you did.
How will the recoil and the aiming sway be compared to .49?

A lot of people used burst and single shot option during .48, this was changed when TCE updated to .49, where you rarely see people prefer burst or semi automatic. We did also notice a lot of weapons never being used after changing their damage impact (sig and ump).
This also brings us to the questions, how much damage will players be able to take before they die, will the damage of the weapons be increased and will we see an upper limit of how much damage someone can take?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:58 am 
Master
Master

As this is the g_realism 1 thread, not the General CQB Thread, and it's not going to be a 'Hard-Core' mode (per Coroner's comments) that implies it's not going to be 'Fantasy 1SK Mode'. In the interest of more realism, not less; it would be much more realistic if Level IV body armored was realistically potrayed where the only one shot 'kill' is going to be a head-shot, and the only one shot 'take- downs' are going to be large cal and close 12g PG hits, where no PG apron, or GPA is worn.

:?

Last edited by hoak on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:43 am 
Expert
Expert

Actually, Hoak, I think Eqpe's post is definitely on topic here. I too was wondering the same thoughts overall in g_realism 1 along with g_realism 0 on how the damage will work. I'm assuming you will be keeping the same damage system as in tce .49. Any improvements on the system or a new system overall? Currently you have the ability to die from various damage received from mid 80's to over 1,000 damage. I personally have experienced both dying from 80 ish damage and giving over 1,000. In the realistic factor I think a headshot should be an auto kill, but ofcourse not if its a helmet shot.

A suggestion for more realism is not to leave the damage received uncapped. Have total damage = out to 100 and death at 100. Alot of complaining comes from the damage people take because its various every single time. ( not sure if this will affect regeneration idea ) Also please eliminate 2 knife slashes = kill. 1 knife should be instant death like in COD4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:41 am 
Master
Master

I didn't say Egpe's post was off topic, just that it features he seems not to like also imply less realism not more. Casual damage systems, and COD4 are more influenced by Hollywood then Forensic or Exit Ballistics and are far from realistic... Moreover the hit box system in WET (and COD4 for that matter) is very primitive, and doesn't reflect the soft targets of an armored man-target at all.

Though it's a long ways from telling if g_realism 1 will get any legs with the TR Fans or will just end up another wishing well for feature wishes for TC:E Fans -- it will be interesting to see if there's enough to draw in a new audience, and how in turn that might play with Coroner's development inclinations.

:arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:05 am 
Master
Master

Even when wearing armor you are often shocked or you atleast get some uncontrolled movement, this will not change even though they may wear thick armor.
Remember that the force you receive on the shoulder when shooting will be received in the other ones chest. The force is spread on the armor but it still makes you vulnerable for a period of time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:46 pm 
Expert
Expert

man go play americas army if you want more realism. the game will be ruined if its to slow with all the camping noobs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:55 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

cbdaqb wrote:
something more like the Euphoria engine would be best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87qdmuOe ... re=related

wow... looks impressive, its "I assume" better then ragdoll physics, however, how come the model doesnt fall?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:27 pm 
Master
Master

=MAveXII=NoiR# wrote:
man go play americas army if you want more realism. the game will be ruined if its to slow with all the camping noobs.

We're only discussing metrics and game-play for g_realism 1; it's a seperate game mode we're talking about not the default CQB game-play...

Please...

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:48 pm 
Expert
Expert

Dragon the hitboxes have already been discussed and they have been changed. Please dont bring up things that are off base of the current converstaion "Damage System". Hitboxes are based on bones now. Read the forums and then make a post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:21 pm 
Master
Master

raising damage would also create a fear of unrealistic moves as it will lead to players death. Creating "paralysing" features is also an option, as it's unlikely to see someone shoot back once they have already been shot.

this enables more tactical game play without need to disable features as sprinting and jumping. There's simply only win with such a decision.

will there be differences in features between the opposing teams?
There could be differences in speed, weapon handling and such features!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:40 pm 
Master
Master

hoak wrote:
=MAveXII=NoiR# wrote:

We're only discussing metrics and game-play for g_realism 1; it's a seperate game mode we're talking about not the default CQB game-play...

Please...

Noir is right on some point, TrueCombat has a desease : folks talking here about theory and not playing and folks playing the game talking from experience (exemple : the spam about 0.48 sniper damages resulting in a buggy 0.49b sniper).
Realism has nothing to do with speed (TCE is already NOT arcadish), you'll never get physics in ET engine anyway.

keep in mind g_realism 1 would be mostly used for competition (if the game has enough players, so it better has to fit the actual players basis in order to call newcomers -> buzz).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:09 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

hoak wrote:
=MAveXII=NoiR# wrote:

Please...

there are not enough players in tce (now) too have 2 game mode. In your opinion, heros standard and warservers will use g_realism 1 .. or g_realism 0?

+1 Noir btw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:22 pm 
Master
Master

well with a new "game" im pretty sure we'll get new/old players again and thus there'll prolly also be a few new servers. and i can already tell you that heros will definitely choose the faster option ;) (maybe a 2nd server for campzors^^)

*Clan Movie #2*|xfire: snakes3k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:41 am 
Expert
Expert

kctus wrote:
hoak wrote:
=MAveXII=NoiR# wrote:

Please...

there are not enough players in tce (now) too have 2 game mode. In your opinion, heros standard and warservers will use g_realism 1 .. or g_realism 0?

+1 Noir btw

Well there is already four game modes in TC:E. BC, OBJ, R-OBJ, CTF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:29 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I'm not sure we can compare g_realism 1 to a game mode like ctf, bc, obj.
I think it's better to say that you will play a game mode with, or without g_realism 1
it's really hard to explain...
exemple:
in cqb there will be BC servers with g_realism 1 and BC servers with g_realism 0.
You know what I mean? (it will work exactly like HC in cod4 (btw i'm not comparing g_realism to cod4 hc))

ps : there are only 3 game modes in tce
ps2 : no offence huh
ps3 : tell me if i'm wrong, because that's how i see the g_realism var.

Last edited by kctus on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next