All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:30 pm 
Offline
Master
Master

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:19 pm
Posts: 411
Dragonathan wrote:
jussi wrote:
I don't understand why to completely disable jumping? Just make it more realistic. Like you could turn only 90 degrees when "flying" and you couldnt jump so high etc.


because you actually dont need it,

What's your point? You actually don't need proning or crouching neither, should these options be disabled?

_________________
"It's by doing whatever that you become whoever"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:57 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
Eqpe wrote:
What's your point? You actually don't need proning or crouching neither, should these options be disabled?


proning and crouching are necessary because i can avoid you from being shot, so does jumping but jumping makes the game design look arcadish,

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Last edited by Dragonathan on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:38 am 
Offline
Master
Master

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:19 pm
Posts: 411
Dragonathan wrote:
Eqpe wrote:
What's your point? You actually don't need proning or crouching neither, should these options be disabled?


proning and crouching are necessary because i can avoud you from being shot, so does jumping but jumping makes the game design look arcadish,

what about leaning?
Btw I can jump, can you?

_________________
"It's by doing whatever that you become whoever"


Last edited by Eqpe on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:41 am 
Offline
Master
Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:36 pm
Posts: 477
coroner wrote:
I also think that functional tactical realism does not solely depent on slower movement speeds, at least, I am still missing the convincing argument. Probably only play testing can tell.

realism has nothing to do with slowering moves .... remember how the 0.49 was slow and annoying, the 0.49b went with a better balance.

i also find quiete funny to see some dudes spaming in there while you never see them on the servers.

_________________
Image
xFire : wootheyetti


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:52 am 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
Eqpe wrote:
what about leaning?
Btw I can jump, can you?


leaning doesnt affect the TR,

btw i can point my middle finger, can you?

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Last edited by Dragonathan on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:25 am 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
how about lowering your gun manually so when you hide no one can see the tip of your gun, you have to press the sprinting key to lower your rifle, if you press it you just stand still and lower your gun, but if you move you'll sprint,
so you can like stand right infront of a wall and lower your rifle, in third person it looks like your wall hugging like in games like MGS, this tactic can prevent you from being seen,

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:49 am 
Offline
Master
Master

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:19 pm
Posts: 411
Dragonathan wrote:
Eqpe wrote:
what about leaning?
Btw I can jump, can you?


leaning doesnt affect the TR,

btw i can point my middle finger, can you?


It doesn't change the TR? :?:. And as said jumping enables new ways of attacking certain locations as well as it will help you to defend some locations.
We got to remember that those training for CQC doesn't know how how it will look where they will attack. We do know how all the maps will look and jumping is therefore so much needed when making tactics.

_________________
"It's by doing whatever that you become whoever"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:25 pm 
Offline
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:38 pm
Posts: 55
I like being able to jump, in TCE jumps are used closing little distance faster, and acces some spots you wouldnt be able to walk on (and im not talking about trickjumping wich i dont like cause its too much), also jumping takes stamina so you cant jump eternally.

I like the freclimb ability and also frreclimb+jump to acces some fences or big boxes. this gives the game more places where an enemy can be thus making it more fun cause it wont necessarily be always tha damm same spot. you (refering to jump haters in general) havent talked about freeclimb ability at all, you would like to be removed also? 3D positions vs 2D positions?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:42 pm 
Offline
Master
Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:38 am
Posts: 357
/me points to the Topic Post, that I also mentioned to Diane this would happen to this thread without moderation -- where people/kids that for what ever reason -- refuse to read, post on topic, and choose to troll, and the thread would have almost no appeal to the audience it was intende for on that account...

Perhaps Coroner, g_realism 1 would be better served if it were discussed in a venue where Fans of the Tactical Realism genre wouldn't feel like they're drowning in a 4CHAN signal-to-noise and trolling, where you can better evaluate the level of real TR Fan interst, and where posts have to be on-topic and constructive?

Perhaps a g_realism 1 exclusive thread on the Tactical Gamer Forums, where it will stay g_realism 1 exclusive, and its enormous Membership will I guarantee favorably and constructively discuss how g_realism 1) might best be implemented for the broadest appeal to the Tactical Realism Audience?

I'll glady start a thread there, quoting and linking your mod announcement blog and content here on TrueCombat.us, soliciting input from Tactical Realism Fans on g_realism 1 only -- if that's welcome Coroner?

Of course if all the Fans and/or the kind of Fans you want input from and playing CQB are right here on TrueCombat.us this is probably a bad idea; in that event thanks for reading my posts when you do...

:shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:29 am 
Offline
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:22 am
Posts: 1397
If you are going to start a discussion and spread the word, then why do you need his permission?

IMO your previous post was just a passive aggressive way to insult this community, and I've already had a lot of complaints about your behaviour on this board. Also, considering all the flamewars that have happened in the past 2 months, you were somehow connected to roughly 80% of them.

Regardless if you like/dislike the people and their views here, it's not acceptable to constantly try to belittle them and attempt to make yourself seem "superior" by addressing coroner personally in a way as if your views were the only important ones on the forum.

I don't care if you agree or not, but with that attitude, you are not welcome on this forum. I'm not banning you, but consider this a warning.

And the only reason I am posting this publicly is because the same warning applies to some of the other spammers (you know who you are).

_________________
Image
Steam // TrueCombat // C22


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:06 am 
Offline
Master
Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:40 am
Posts: 315
Location: Parts Unknown
yeah if anyone here should be acting superior to every one else here it should be me I'm awesome because one day I will become the right hand man of a snake themed evil organization with plans of world domination. Now bow down and praise my name and be prepared for hypnotic first single off our record label Cold Slither

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:40 am 
Offline
Master
Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:38 am
Posts: 357
Diane wrote:
If you are going to start a discussion and spread the word, then why do you need his permission?

I didn't ask for Coroner's 'permission', I'm asking if he would vet, and respond to input in another venue -- if he's not interested in TR Fan input, then it's of little use to get people excited about something they're not going to have any input on...

Diane wrote:
IMO your previous post was just a passive aggressive way to insult this community, and I've already had a lot of complaints about your behaviour on this board.

Diane, you're over reacting, I have not 'insulted' anyone, there are two individuals, (you know who they are) that stalk and troll every post I make here, and on over a dozen other forums as well -- I'm sure they're thrilled you tolerate them no less indulge them.

Diane wrote:
Also, considering all the flamewars that have happened in the past 2 months, you were somehow connected to roughly 80% of them.

Bullshit, and if it were true the bulk of it comes from two of your darlings that can't stay away from my posts, and will troll anything I post, even if it's just the color blue -- and you know it...

Diane wrote:
Regardless if you like/dislike the people and their views here, it's not acceptable to constantly try to belittle them and attempt to make yourself seem "superior" by addressing coroner personally in a way as if your views were the only important ones on the forum.

I haven't belitted anyone, this is an unmoderated forum with an unmoderated thread policy where 'anything goes' and anyone can start taking things off-topic to where ever-- and frequently to troll threads into noise (an old 4CHAN 'fun tactic')...

If threads aren't moderated; and off topic, troll posts aren't moved any thread of significant discussion, or real and relevant constructive argument gets buried in swill -- that's just a fact.

Pointing this out politely, constructively, and then forcefully makes no difference to you or anyone posting here, so, why should different rules then the TOU I authored and let you use (that you don't even enforce), apply to me and no one else?

Diane wrote:
I don't care if you agree or not, but with that attitude, you are not welcome on this forum. I'm not banning you, but consider this a warning.

Just do it now Diane... You don't read or moderate what you're responding to for meaning, care about content or intention -- but apparently for some pet agenda no one but you and a few freinds in this forum 'clique' understand.

Whatever I have to offer here is apparnetly not understood, appreciated or both -- and you're anxious to give your two pets what they've been working so hard to achieve -- just do it, give it to them, make them happy, ban me.

Diane wrote:
And the only reason I am posting this publicly is because the same warning applies to some of the other spammers (you know who you are).

It looks more to any third party like it has more to do with no time or will to moderate your forums -- and to selectively castiage some pet agenda, then a mature and reasoned response to any issue, or warning...

Karate Explosion wrote:
yeah if anyone here should be acting superior to every one else here it should be me I'm awesome because one day I will become the right hand man of a snake themed evil organization with plans of world domination. Now bow down and praise my name and be prepared for hypnotic first single off our record label Cold Slither

Cool!

:D


Last edited by hoak on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:03 am 
Offline
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:22 am
Posts: 1397
Hoak, you just proved my previous point.

Just relax and try not to be so defensive. That's all I ask! Please! I don't want to get into a quoting war with you and spoil this thread. That wasn't my intention. I just want you to relax and behave and stop being so confrontational/aggressive to the point where you egg other people on.

Thank you :)

_________________
Image
Steam // TrueCombat // C22


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:36 am 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
Harbeck wrote:
you (refering to jump haters in general) havent talked about freeclimb ability at all, you would like to be removed also? 3D positions vs 2D positions?


why are you comparing jumping with free climbing?, those two are different, and what doe you mean with 2D 3D positions?

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:56 am 
Offline
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:41 pm
Posts: 2
Location: New York, NY
Dragonathan wrote:
how about lowering your gun manually so when you hide no one can see the tip of your gun, you have to press the sprinting key to lower your rifle, if you press it you just stand still and lower your gun, but if you move you'll sprint,
so you can like stand right infront of a wall and lower your rifle, in third person it looks like your wall hugging like in games like MGS, this tactic can prevent you from being seen,


Well, you can lower your gun. Free look. Just literally lower your gun, and use free look to look around ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Style created by © Matti, gry komputerowe, reklama sem reklama seo

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group