All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: PunkBuster Problem
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:48 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I have a linux server and we have our PB running I can join a game for about 5 seconds and then I get kicked and recieve a notice I was "kicked from server by PB for : resticted : Blocked O/S privelidges : 508 : 430"

Now I have uninstalled TC:E and ET totally from the system and reinstalled and I could get in a game until the map rotated then I was kicked again. We had to shut down PB on the server soI can get in. Dose anyone what the problem would be or how to fix it?

Is it a problem with the 2.6 patch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:34 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

This was posted on our clan forums..

Quote:

Yes it has happen to me before.

You have do not have enough O/S Privilages to play on Punkbuster enforcred Games.

The Cure to this is

Download and run this file from any location, it will check for adware that stops you from being able to play on PB servers. The VX2 adware edits your user rights when it infects your computer, and many programs do not repair this when they remove it.

http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/VX2Finder(126).exe

Click the "Find VX2.betterinternet info" button to make sure that you don't have this adware. If there are no files listed, go on to the last step. If you find the adware files, (it is usually 3 random named dll files) Select all the files found.

Press 'Delete These Files'. The program will delete all files but one that will be deleted on reboot. Allow program to reboot. Once Restarted:

Press 'Guardian.reg'.
Press 'User Agent'.
Press 'Restore Policy'.
Clicking on "find vx2.BetterInternet info" again should show all fields blank.
If you have no adware files, just click on the "Restore Policy" Button

I hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:01 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Kozuka, I did all that and still nothing.......It's really starting to ummmmm me off. I have tried to change the computer admin, the VX2 finder witch found nothing. I have tried just about everything I can think of.....fire walls off anti virus off and nothing. I know my wife can get in with her game useing the same hub and and modem and we have played on the server to gether and have the same TC:E setup just my PB is being a pain. I am at a total loss and really want to fix this so I can do TCE Wars...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:53 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Dark Wolf {DM} wrote:
Kozuka, I did all that and still nothing.......It's really starting to ummmmm me off. I have tried to change the computer admin, the VX2 finder witch found nothing. I have tried just about everything I can think of.....fire walls off anti virus off and nothing. I know my wife can get in with her game useing the same hub and and modem and we have played on the server to gether and have the same TC:E setup just my PB is being a pain. I am at a total loss and really want to fix this so I can do TCE Wars...

Yeah I would love to help, but I use linux and have yet to see this problem. You could try deleting the game completely and re-installing.. At least thats what I would do.. If that doesn't work then it's a operating system problem resulting with punkbuster..

Peace
Kozuka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:19 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

i know this is not the topic but it is related

does pbweb work for tce ?

and if so how to?

There are times in life when you think you could just . . .
rebuild the earth and leave out the bad parts,
but that wouldn't leave much
and this isn't one of those times . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:24 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I tried to go into another server today and got the same error......Where would I look for a problem with the operating system...(witch is my personal computer..and the server runs of a linux server)....I will look around and see if I can find....What dose PB look for? or what othere programs dose it run with?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:24 pm 
Mr. Dangerous

Yeah it works :

Go into C:\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\pb

and run pbweb.exe :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:08 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Just an update on the PB O/S 508 : 430 problem....Nothing I have tried has worked yet......Any othere hints or tips please add them....I will try anything at this point...

Thanks
DW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:19 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Dark Wolf {DM} wrote:
Just an update on the PB O/S 508 : 430 problem....Nothing I have tried has worked yet......Any othere hints or tips please add them....I will try anything at this point...

Thanks
DW

heres a link to some PB fixes on tcewars.

http://tce-wars.mygamesters.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=27&sid=3bfcc246ca38af0de9efd839353ddcef

this should fix the OS kicks your getting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:21 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

this may help also!

here is a for you all that keep getting kicked for OS crap ...

I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Insufficient O/S Privileges". Is there some way to modify my system configuration to be an administrator equivalent from PunkBuster's perspective in Win2k/XP Pro?

Yes (under Win XP Pro or Win 2K). This can be accomplished by setting certain privileges for the user that will run the game. To do this, first temporarily log in as an Administrator. Then go to Control Panel => Administrative Tools => Local Security Policy. This will open up the Local Security setting window. Expand the Local Policies folder and select User Rights Assignment. This will bring up a list of security settings for the computer. You will need to add the user that will be launching the game to have the following privileges. If the user is logged in while making changes, the user must be logged out and back in for the changes to take effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:49 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Ok an update on the O/S problem with TC:E.....Nothing that anyone has given me to try has worked at all everything has been done from removing Nortons 05 to running several Highjackthis logs and nothing...I have truned off every system I can and run more spyware scans in the past week then most people will ina life time. I have yninstalled both ET and TC;E, I have been gine new Wolf-ET folders, new PB folders, new et main folders (all from my wife's computer that works with PB and still nothing....

Namco...I have Windows XP and I do not have what you are telling me to look for. I am the only admin on my system. I have gone through every folder, file anything I could find to look in to make sure all setting are right and firewalls and AV's are off at the time but no luck yet. I have even trid the 2.56--2.6 patch switcher and still nothing....

Anything more you have I will try....thanks again for allthe help..DW...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:59 pm 
Mr. Dangerous

I'm still betting on infection as the problem. Just because anti-virus and antii-spyware doesn't detect it doesn't mean it's not infected.

If your on a single user machine and your user account as full admin access, I doubt it's a problem with the OS, unless you have changed or installed something RIGHT before it started happening.

As I think I said elsewhere TrueCombat League saw a very simular issue last season with clan [OUT] having 2 or 3 members infected.
They fought the problem for days, and some sort of malware was finally detected BUT nothing would kill it.
I beleive they ended up doing a reformat and reinstall to be able to play online again.

Really though, since this is only affecting you and it only begun happening recently and "all of a sudden" this points toward some sort of malware infection to me.

You COULD try running different anti-virus, anti-spyware stuff. For example if your running Norton, try McAfee or TrendMicro as for spyware try Adaware or PestPatrol.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
http://download.mcafee.com/us/eval/evaluate2.asp
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
http://home.ca.com/

I personally run Symentec Corporate Edition(excellent, much better than any of the home editions), PestPatrol and Adaware.
I hate to recommand you wipe ur harddrives and reinstall, but often it IS the easier way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:49 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Hey man, it's alright. It's not just happening to you. It's happening to alot of people (that I know). I don't think it''s malware or spyware. Somethin' else probably. We can probably figure it out sometime.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]