All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 75  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:01 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

@Hoak: I think you failed to see my point. I was not targeting you, but merely pointing out that there are people who feel TCE is arcadish while some feel the contrary. It's a matter of perspective - therefore a waste of time to push one's views/preference on another. I'm not accusing YOU of doing that (because I know you might quote this and then respond saying you've never said such a thing, hehe ;) ) but there have been people who were guilty of that in the past.

You certainly don't need my - or anyone's permission - to start a new topic about something you feel should be separate. So please, go ahead!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:18 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Some seem to have a problem with the meaning of the word "Option"...

Taken from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/option

option - 6 dictionary results
op·tion    /ˈɒpʃən/ [op-shuhn]
–noun
  1. the power or right of choosing.
  2. something that may be or is chosen; choice.
  3. the act of choosing.
  4. an item of equipment or a feature that may be chosen as an addition to or replacement for standard equipment and features: a car with a long list of extra-cost options; a telephoto lens option for a camera.
  5. stock option.
  6. a privilege acquired, as by the payment of a premium or consideration, of demanding, within a specified time, the carrying out of a transaction upon stipulated terms; the right, as granted in a contract or by an initial payment, of acquiring something in the future: We bought one lot and took a 90-day option on an adjoining one.
  7. Football. a play in which a back has a choice of either passing or running with the ball.
–verb (used with object)
  1. to acquire or grant an option on: The studio has optioned his latest novel for film adaptation.
  2. to provide with optional equipment: The car can be fully optioned at additional cost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:43 pm 
Master
Master

luka wrote:
Maybe adding custom weather would be good ? like every another round is another weather like rain,snow and day,night and mixed them together ?

In the midst of all these egos a little gem of an idea from luka.

I think rain showers that come and go once every 40 rounds or so would give an amazing look and feel.

Rain shouldn't be the norm, but would add dimension both for mood and tactics.

n1 Luka :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:25 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

luka wrote:
Maybe adding custom weather would be good ? like every another round is another weather like rain,snow and day,night and mixed them together ?

thats a good idea, im not sure about the rain though, would the rain look realistic if you add that in the game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:11 am 
Master
Master

Diane wrote:
@Hoak: I think you failed to see my point.

Nope...

:D

Diane wrote:
You certainly don't need my - or anyone's permission - to start a new topic about something you feel should be separate. So please, go ahead!

Yes, I wasn't asking for 'permission', but it's pretty obvious that no matter how carefully I compose a topic post, create a premise for separate discussion intended for TR enthusiasts, it will be attacked and trolled by those the thread isn't even intended for...

Add to that the fact that there aren't that many/any visible TR fans left on the form as most of them either get worn out by the inundation of hostile reaction and the effort of walking on egg shells that even obliquely approaching the topic takes here; and there's not much to be gained unless it will be moderated and Coroner has real interest...

Take a look at the enormous effort and caution invested in NYC Paramedics's posts (the latest TR fan casualty here) -- even his posts were relentlessly attacked, and he spent almost all his time smoothing feathers leaving little room for real and constructive discussion -- and you get the idea..

So, I'll wait till either Coroner vets the idear, or someone else as patient and stubborn as me decides to take a few in the teeth here before I start a thread that's sure to end up posted to more by the detractors of g_realism 1 then it's prospective fans. Heck, Coroner promised g_realsim as a T:CE feature/option years ago, he may decide to blow it off again...

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:18 am 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Just make the thread! :P

Regardless if coroner decides to implement it or not - it would be nice to have those opinions in a separate thread so he doesn't need to have to weed through this enormous thread to read them (if he was interested).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:46 am 
Expert
Expert

Yes, please make the thread so i can read some of the ideas flowing into g_realism. I'd like to add some thoughts as well if such a topic progresses.

Regarding the rain, there are already many problems in alot of our current maps that mess up the fps: Example: rebuilding an official map. (thinking of Northport By Night and Railhouse By Day) Great maps, with new stuff, but fps isnt too good even for my 260 GTX. I think the future maps have to be fixed and have the ability to be customized without breaking it (decompilers changing size, alignment, clips disappearing, etc etc..) Out of all the mappers i've talked to none have found a nice solution to the decompilers chaning the the map entirely in scale, texture, clips etc. Instead we have to go in and rebuild a map from scratch or resize everything to edit how you'd like to see it.

The rain and atmospheric affects indeed is a great idea and i've always wanted to see that implemented during each round of objective or even on a set time per map, but its too much of a problem in tce. ( also cause im a noob mapper ) If coroner has a great idea to fix some of these issues or maybe even provide a decompiler for the mappers in the future TC:CQB that would be an awesome thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:47 am 
Expert
Expert

I don't think oyu can make decompiling any better than it is now. Decompiling has (or afaik) always been a sort of hack to get the sources whether it be maps or code and as you've said, its rarely worthwhile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:58 am 
Master
Master

|2oss® wrote:
Yes, please make the thread so i can read some of the ideas flowing into g_realism. I'd like to add some thoughts as well if such a topic progresses.

Oooohkaaay... Done.

:|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:32 pm 
Expert
Expert

I dont think I want to post in the g_realism thread only for the reason that they arent making the modern realistic soldier in there. They are making:

I'm seriously considering to go talk to a recruitment facility and get information from them on specifics on the gear, weapons, weight, speed they run, and to realize that soldiers do not have the capability to react quickly with their body, only with their eyes.

If you wanna incorporate realism, incorporate adrenaline and the ability to lift up a car because a person is trapped under it.

Im not here to offend anyone on their realism views, but having 9 different speeds while crouching, standing, and proning is not realism thats just f*cked. Also lets be honest body armor + 2 nades + 2 weapons is not that exhausting that a person cant run for 10 seconds at full speed, especially if their under fire.

I"m up for more realism:
*Getting shot will drain your stamina quicker.
*Getting shot will cause a bleeding affect.
*Lowering the abused jumping.
*Increasing the Stamina.
*Prone quicker. (current one is ridiculously slow.)
*Being able to aim while falling. (with less accuracy ofcourse)
*Being able to jump up and climb objects yourself. (no more trick jumping crap)
*Unprone while being able to shoot. (because we all have to use 2 hands to get up?)

I'm not up for this kind of realism:
*Slowing the player down so much that you can give him crutches or a walker while he's at it.
*Removing the ability to jump. (because soldiers dont do any jumping with ALL of their armor on them, including weapn?)
*Lets give multiple speeds to every stance that a player can do. (because each and every person cant move at any speed he wants that his body allows him?)

All im saying is.... realism is cool but it has its limits IN GAMES. Just enough will be fun too much will F*ck you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:28 am 
Expert
Expert

reword that like someone who isn't a pregnant woman and post it in the realism topic...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:40 am 
Expert
Expert

Being nice is overrated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:19 am 
Master
Master

|2oss® wrote:
I dont think I want to post in the g_realism thread only for the reason that they arent making the modern realistic soldier in there. They are making:

Woah, no one is 'making' anything but Coroner -- it's a thread for discussing a server option setting by Fans for Fans of Tactical Realism. If you aren't even willing to contribute to the discussion or argue points you don't agree with constructively, what's the point of posting at all?

|2oss® wrote:
I'm seriously considering to go talk to a recruitment facility and get information from them on specifics on the gear, weapons, weight, speed they run, and to realize that soldiers do not have the capability to react quickly with their body, only with their eyes.

A recruiter is a salesman, and the last person you should talk to if you want a real appraisal of anything mil... In fact, you don't even have to stray from your PC: pick the pet force or unit you want to learn more about, look them up on Wikipeida to get proper unit nomenclature company numbers etc. so you can do a proper search, and look for that units sites and forums. Virtually every military unit has some sort of web presence, an active duty forum, and a veterans forum where you'll find lots of seasoned mil personal willing to answer your questions about just about anything you care to know that's not classified, or refer you to the person that can.

|2oss® wrote:
If you wanna incorporate realism, incorporate adrenaline and the ability to lift up a car because a person is trapped under it.

Huh? Have you been watching too much TV? Reading too many Ripley's stories?

|2oss® wrote:
Im not here to offend anyone on their realism views, but having 9 different speeds while crouching, standing, and proning is not realism thats just f*cked.

I'm not aware of anyone suggesting 9 speeds while crouching, or more speeds then the default for that matter, I'd vote against that as well... I am aware of one poster that previously protested he didn't want a g_realism 1 option feature, and now may be trolling the thread with questionably sincere motives...

|2oss® wrote:
lets be honest body armor + 2 nades + 2 weapons is not that exhausting that a person cant run for 10 seconds at full speed, especially if their under fire.

Taking your points in order:

(1) "Honestly" have you even in person seen (no less worn): Level IV Kevlar, a neck dam, a cooling vest, a Helmet, field BDUs, Combat Boots, a Magazine Chassis, a Pistol Belt, Pistol, Rifle, 6 to 12 Magazines, Gloves, Watch, Compass, Maps, Flashlight (ergo a minimal 'light' entry CQB rig)?

(2) Are you even remotely aware of how encumbering all this crap is -- hot, heavy, awkward, and how much readjustment it all takes from fast moving, to being able to raise a rifle with 4+ layers of shit all bunched up around your arms, shoulders and neck, while you're about to pass out from heat prostration? Have you even held one grenade or know how much it or any of this weighs? Do you have any idea how much heavier and encumbering 'Heavy' breech gear is? Do you 'honestly' even care?

(3) The game does not limit running full speed for ten seconds; the sprint as currently documented is 'unlimited'.... How fast do you honestly assume a person could run 'unlimited' or indefinitely wearing breech gear and hauling a weapon?

Are you even "honestly" a Fan of Tactical Realism games like SWAT 4, ArmA II, the R6 Games, FSW, or Ghost Recon? Perhaps g_realism 1 isn't what you're looking for, but what's already being discussed in this thread which is g_realism 0 or default CQB game-play which is already fairly realistc from what Coroner has presented...

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:01 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I thought TCE was about being a nice playable mod, not some ultra realistic game.
Keep in mind that, as far as the community knows, coronor and his teammates doesn't get payed for making this.
Maybe a good suggestion would be a donation button on the website to keep the team motivated ?

Or a bidding system so each member can request a feature, and the feature of the member who pays the most will get in :d

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:44 am 
Expert
Expert

dutchmeat wrote:
I thought TCE was about being a nice playable mod, not some ultra realistic game.
Keep in mind that, as far as the community knows, coronor and his teammates doesn't get payed for making this.
Maybe a good suggestion would be a donation button on the website to keep the team motivated ?

Well they've been talking about the "ultra-realism" as an option for the server.

dutchmeat wrote:
Or a bidding system so each member can request a feature, and the feature of the member who pays the most will get in :d

That would be stupid, because they wont still make all the features the members requests.. If they doesnt want/have time.

But a donate-button could be nice. Money doesnt rly help because they dont need money to make this, but who doesnt like money?
Donate button is very easy to made with PayPal

Last edited by jussi on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 75  Next