All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 75  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:18 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

=MAveXII=NoiR# wrote:
we need some advertising for tce CQB to let people know about the game. like xfire, msn or websites for mods. And also a trailer or something like that.

I think we need to first focus on getting the game closer to a release before prematurely advertising. Especially with TC's history :D

But for word of mouth advertising from the community - feel free to spam it on forums, etc :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:14 pm 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

I agree with Diane, advertising is early enough when a release candidate is there already.

As for some specific game design questions that have been posted:

· will CQB still have infinite turning speed?
The 0.491 internal had something that I termed "Physical Player Movement System" PPMS back then, which, yes, also limits the turning speed to realistic values depending on stance. Currently, CQB features this system. The turning times have been stopwatched for me (considered as quite trained and fast back then :) ) and allow for fast movement in narrow angle ranges up to +-90 degs and slowed movement for larger angles and full turns. All angle movements also impact gun sway. I gave a lot of details in my old blog or the old forum if I remember right, unfortunately I don't have these lenghty postings anymore and don't remember the details right now.
Whether the system is any good has to be tested.

· what are movement speeds going to be like?
The movement speeds are unchanged to 0.490 as they were already pretty realistic, I might have done minor adjustments in the 0.491 code base.
I currently have an arcade/hardcore mode server variable that changes only damage and xhair. If it will survive, movement speeds could be slightly increased in arcade, although I personally would like to keep the PPMS identical in both settings.

· will there be more realistc stance based leaning like COD4?
Don't remember whether PPMS already featured this; good idea otherwise. I might have to get reminded if I forget it. Sway is definately already affected.

· what kind of movement penalty on weapon accuracy will be portrayed?
Pretty much along the lines of 'the havier and the longer the weapon, the harder the impact'. Again, there have been changes to 0.490 due to the unified weapon model. Details are subject to play testing and balance.

· what role will sniper weapons play in CQB?
Interesting question, actually. As the term CQB usually refers to engagement distances <= 30 meters which is correct for 95% of the maps, sniper rifles shouldn't play an overemphazised role. That's why QCB is planned to only feature one semi-auto battlefield type sniper rifle (7.62 Nato class) among the six unique primaries. I guess sniper weapons are pretty much a special purpose weapons that come into play when real teamwork is used. Probably they often might get used without scope and with the backup iron sights to benefit from their penetration capabilities.

· will there be explosive munitions (grenades)?
Currently one slot could be used for either an explosive, smoke or stun grenade. As such, their number will be dramatically reduced and tactical grenades might come more handy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:19 am 
Master
Master

That sounds very nearly ideal! The 0.49 TC:E player movement speed does however measure rather on the high side of realistic; a concomitant consequence of the highish speed and other issues of game scale -- experienced Players have learned to exploit is that point-blank killing prevails to a disproportionate extent in TC:E -- something you can corroberate in many TC:E Fan and Clan match videos...

Looking forward!

:D

Last edited by hoak on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:06 am 
Master
Master

coroner wrote:

· what role will sniper weapons play in CQB?
Interesting question, actually. As the term CQB usually refers to engagement distances <= 30 meters which is correct for 95% of the maps, sniper rifles shouldn't play an overemphazised role. That's why QCB is planned to only feature one semi-auto battlefield type sniper rifle (7.62 Nato class) among the six unique primaries. I guess sniper weapons are pretty much a special purpose weapons that come into play when real teamwork is used. Probably they often might get used without scope and with the backup iron sights to benefit from their penetration capabilities.

Please give us a bolt action rifle as well. Like those we have in game at the moment, they could be scope only and will be a "one hit kill" weapon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:08 pm 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

Well, the project is termed CQB ... at the moment a bolt action rifle is not planned and I wouldnt want to increase the workload right now.
Furthermore, any one-hit kill 7.62mm bolt action rifle wouldn't fit with the 7.62mm Soviet and 6.8 SPC calibres and any 338 Lapua or particularly .50 BMG calibre would already be an anti-material sniper rifle not fitting a CQB scenario. I agree that bolt action would be unique in behaviour but I don't see it fitting in the scheme at the moment. Regarding one-hit kills, it is currently not clear how the semi-auto 7.62 class rifles will behave (subject to game testing), one hit-kill for headshots is going to be likely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:21 pm 
High Master
High Master

Another request to bolt acion sniper, even if it would suck it is the most fun and brutal weapon to use.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:15 pm 
Master
Master

NO SNIPERS.

Having some wanker with uber kill power camping the same choke points = really *i-need-a-broader-vocab* boring. We don't need another CS or CoD clone. If anything, have a ACOG (medium range type scope) on a M4 or something would be alright.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:23 pm 
Master
Master

Well bringing bolt rifle weapons into the game wouldn't be that hard right? It's one single weapon-class that will not have any modifications.

Btw Sniper rifles is what have brought me hours of fun. It stands out and requires you to move in a different way. When I have thought about quiting tce for a while, there I have that wonderfull weapon of deadlines.
I think this apply for some people besides me as well.

"Having some wanker with uber kill power camping the same choke points"

Lol you know how hard it is to camp with the sniper? It's really difficult to handle the swinging during a longer period of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:19 pm 
Master
Master

LOL ACOG would bring more risk of camping.
Bolt sniper requiere such control that it's a funny challenge.

Bolt action sniper + scope + iron sights abilities would be perfect single shot weapon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:27 pm 
Master
Master

The only 'need' here is for the Developer to be allowed to make the game he wants -- the way he wants; if you really want the product of his efforts see the light if day.

Coroner's not asking for anyone's money or approval; that he's even taken the time and initiative to announce what he's doing and answer questions is an act of kindness and generosity that seems too little appreciated already by people hitting him up with 'pet wish' posts.

He's one guy, that can't possibly satisfy a slew of whims in a life-time. What's more; there's a litany of commercial and free shooters where you can find everything your looking for and have your felt needs gratified immediately.

Personally I just want to see what Coroner creates released preferably unsullied or slowed by the whims, complaints, and laundry list of content pet wishes. Original focused game design under the aegis of one Author are creative efforts that are getting too far and few between...

:cry:

Last edited by hoak on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:29 pm 
Master
Master

Edit button fail again...

:oops:

P.S.

Why not sticky Coroner's Blog thread?

Last edited by hoak on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:31 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I'm bad at sniping but when i pick m700 with ironsights (custom weap) it becomes quite easy to control, maybe too easy that what worries me about sniper rifle with iron sights and if its semi auto even worse cause i can become a too good weap.

The SMG choice, ump iis maybe the less smg of all the smg of the game, his rate of fire so slow makes it harder to use in close combat cause not enought bullets aren't shoted as fast as you swing so it can end with an enemy without its bullet :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:38 pm 
Expert
Expert

Harbeck wrote:
The SMG choice, ump iis maybe the less smg of all the smg of the game, his rate of fire so slow makes it harder to use in close combat cause not enought bullets aren't shoted as fast as you swing so it can end with an enemy without its bullet :)

Remember the UMP45 fires a larger round though.

Eqpe wrote:
Well bringing bolt rifle weapons into the game wouldn't be that hard right? It's one single weapon-class that will not have any modifications.

Don't assume its so easy. Plus it just adds to the work needed to be done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:56 am 
Master
Master

All for no snipers. I would be all for more emphasis for shotties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:59 am 
High Master
High Master

It is funny how this topic gets filled with posts from people who actually doesn't play the game anymore...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 75  Next