All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:21 pm 
Expert
Expert

oh and regarding you posting the stats - all this does is reiterate my point that what myself and arnie contributed to the team was a sense of teamwork that meant that our kills actually mattered, rather than random kills at the end of a round already lost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:38 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

HoboCoP wrote:
whereas you proved yourself in various matches either to be complaining, or generally being detrimental to the team, or bigging up the fact that you thought you got lots of kills in a map that we lost 10-0 - which is the antithesis of caring about teamwork.

Complaining about a lack of recon at times - I stand guilty

Detrimental to the team - I was always happy not to play, To let Tiny do what He felt was right, Him being the captian.

I was subbed for the 2nd map vs Jap,I felt I had done quite well (concidering the result) in the first map, mainly because of a few rounds were I was the only player of our team to get a kill ... anyway I was subbed & I excepted it and wished you all good luck for the 2nd map
I actually did 5 times better than T22 on Snowtown, & he went on to be the best on Northport. 8)
Showing the map makes a differance to players. :wink:
Anyway I didnt come to this forum to post like a crybaby coz I missed one of the maps, Unlike yourself.

Re The stats
They show that T22 got 1 kill in Snowtown But was the best player in Northport.
Clearly showing that things change depanding on the map, You might have even had 0 kills in snowtown, there is no way of knowing since you didnt play it, so Its not worth comming here and crying that tiny didnt pick you for the 1st map and thats why the score was how it was.

This was your view Not so long ago.
Quote:
[21:11] <hobocop> either UK wants to do the best it can
[21:11] <hobocop> that team is ALWAYS me you arnie freekill and magz
[21:11] <hobocop> ALWAYS
[21:11] <hobocop> or it doesnt care, and then neither do i
[21:12] <hobocop> its great that tiny and ed practice every day, but they dont need to, and i dont know why they do.

I guess because I didnt agree with your lame attitude you changed your view.

Well anyway, Tiny was a great captain and now UKs time is over so stop crying about things in the past and move on.
I’m done debating this with you It achieves nothing.

Last edited by SpOOky on Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:50 pm 
Expert
Expert

sp00ky im not going to go into the many ways in which your complaining about recon is a farce.

you thought you had done well - guess what, you didnt.

im simply posting my opinion of the whole process when im not directly involved anymore.

stats dont mean the best player. to say tiny was the best player would be lying. maybe you remember the other games when i gave recon CONTINUOUSLY when i was dead, ordering people around and surprise surprise we win rounds. instead of dying on the roof and whining to magz cause he didnt cover me.

unless you have a real point in reply to mine regarding why tiny didnt play the best team, please stop just poking useless fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:28 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

You make me proud to be born in the UK :P...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:19 pm 
Expert
Expert

it would be easier if you replied rather than editing your old post -

again you refer to kills as being equivalent to being good. they are not the same thing. you were not "5 times better than t22".

you didnt play northport, how could you possibly know that t22 was the best?

oh and regarding my view -

i completely stand by that, the only reason this has changed is because i watched you a lot in the GER game, and you were absolutely awful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:51 pm 
High Master
High Master

Gosh save the Queen!
:shock:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:37 pm 
Expert
Expert

The only thing good that came out of this war was that ed solo managed to beat my 4/20 ratio vs japan

Congratualtions! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:07 pm 
Master
Master

naabz wrote:
The only thing good that came out of this war was that ed solo managed to beat my 4/20 ratio vs japan

Congratualtions! :lol:

HEHE well im glad I helped u out naabz. :D

For me I wanted to play Snowtown badly, I trained it with Tiny and we came up with a 2 man tatics set that can only work after meny days of training. and it work. :D

If where lucky enough to have an NC again, id be more than happy to play with the same guys again.

Rember Kids...
The best wars are chilled wars, not cold war's :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:13 pm 
High Master
High Master

You said it!
Fun FTW!
Altough arnie is tough cake to beat, can you beat cake? Beating meat is better.

Meat... mmmmm....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:05 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

ED SOLO wrote:
For me I wanted to play Snowtown badly, I trained it with Tiny and we came up with a 2 man tatics set that can only work after meny days of training. and it work. :D

Indeed, Training makes a differance to tactics and teamwork. 8)

I wanna add a salute to you solo for all the hard work you put in even though you didnt play all the much you still worked hard every week, Your a real soldier & a true gent :)
The one thing I very much enjoyed was getting to know you, tiny and T22 better, I great bunch of lads 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:09 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Quote:
unless you have a real point in reply to mine regarding why tiny didnt play the best team,

I did play the best team hobo, tbh i had a lot of respect for you before this nc, and the fact that you played 99% of the nations cup really should show you how much faith i put in you.

If i could go back and play Japan again, I'd do everything all over again, and maybe keep the same team for north.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:09 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

SpOOky wrote:
The one thing I very much enjoyed was getting to know you, tiny and T22 better, I great bunch of lads 8)

Gee, thanks spooky. :D

Just kidding, but seriously, Tiny you did a great job, and you stepped forward when no one else did. I'm not saying it couldn't have been done better, but it certainly could have been done a lot worse, and you got us to the quarter finals, no shame in that. Coming up against Japan was never going to be easy, and I can only apologise for my absence.

I think perhaps the only problem is that you don't have that killer instinct that means you can tell someone they can hardly ever play. Just too nice to be a cold, hard captain. (Which is a shame, cause that's the way I like it ;))

Anyhoo, it's over, we did ok, no need to start getting at each other and playing the blame game. I agree that you probably should play your best team this far in, but also that that team might not always be the same people. Unfortunately, at the same time you have to recognize that some people are better at some things than other people. Would any country put a person in the olympics who was slower than another because they train harder? No, and no one would expect them to. It's not practical if you want to win.

Also, I'd add that stats don't show who the best player was. They give an indication, but never just assume that cause someone has the best stats mean they were the most valuable player.

So calm down everyone, hindsight is a great thing, and it's so easy to blame people when you aren't in their position. We might have got further with another captain, we might not have, no way to know, and frankly, who cares? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:27 am 
Master
Master

You Know The Words So Sing Along :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

And heres a vid of my mum at my bedroom window :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjz16xjeBAA

It make sence when u click it, nnaaaaaa it probely wont :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:40 am 
Master
Master

Damnit not even we in RoE had these kind of problems and I'm not that much of a captain to be honest. But we did atlaest keep it friendly and had a laugh or two.
We were from 5-6 different countries and still managed to keep our shit togheter, Hell be glad and play it's a freaking game not your whole *i-need-a-broader-vocab* life. Where's the fun if you put yourself on a chair and look down on the rest? just enjoy the ride and if it stops because of someone else, well than that's it, you'll just have to take if for what it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:11 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

*FreeKill* wrote:
Gee, thanks spooky. :D

We developed our love in the last NC, you know how I feel about you :wink:
Not only do you have skills but your a team player :)

*FreeKill* wrote:
Tiny you did a great job, and you stepped forward when no one else did.

Indeed, And being UK captain is not an easy Job as this thread shows ;)

*FreeKill* wrote:
Also, I'd add that stats don't show who the best player was. They give an indication, but never just assume that cause someone has the best stats mean they were the most valuable player.

Exactly freekill :D
The best player is not always the hot shot who gets lots of kills
Its about Teamwork not a single person who thinks he ranks above all others.
Teamwork comes from training/playing together and working on tactics, the NC is about Teams Not Individuals.

*FreeKill* wrote:
Would any country put a person in the olympics who was slower than another because they train harder?

Anyone who wants to represent his nation puts in allot of training for such an event, They spend allot of time prepareing & training so that when they have to compete they are ready to do so.
If they dont prepare/train its leads to things like this first race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmyz_f8Sx14

Would England turn up at the world cup quarter finals having not trained for the match, having not planned any tactics or formation or worked on free kicks ?
For example If Rooney thought himself a superstar who didnt need to train or work on tactics for a world cup but instead stayed at home to play on his Xbox, I doubt he would make the squad.
Just because he has great skills he still has to except that he is but one player in a team of players and as such needs to put in the same effort, he can not win the match on his own, he needs to work with the midfielders to know how they play, he needs a defence and goalie to protect his own goal.
It takes a Team working together to win a match.

Teamwork:
At the start when 1 woman is dancing alone it looks silly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9CmZXSSYmc
But when the whole crowd works together in unison it looks amazing. :wink:
It took time and effort for the crowd to move as a team, they didnt just turn up on the day and perform.

There is no way to know how snowtown would have gone with other players, Just like there is no way to know if we might have won even more rounds in northport had we have played the team that trained instead of subbing, so its pointless to argue about scores. :wink:
NC is about Teams not Individuals, so its not worth crying about missing a map.. something we all had to do at some point, Including you freekill. :wink:

ED SOLO wrote:
And heres a vid of my mum at my bedroom window :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjz16xjeBAA

Hey thats my Mother... Are we brothers ? :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next