All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:14 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

yeah ill do a 3 v 3 tournament but finding it hard to set up the website and stuff ... could do with some web help atm :P

anyway once i set the site up ill post link on here and you guys can then sign up and get your teams goin and also for thos that dont have clans i encourage you to build a small 3 man team up and i will give you a nice forum for your chit chat ... it will be private.

Thanks,
SoXx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:13 pm 
Expert
Expert

Diane wrote:
This isn't a thread about whether this game is dead or not. As long as there are people (no matter how few) - it's still alive community wise.

But I echo what Hobo said (and repeat what I said earlier - just to spare you some time from future failure), if you are new to leagues for the TCE community, you should really start with something small because there isn't a lot of interest for something large/wide scale - as you can see from most people's posts about wanting a 2v2 or a 3v3.

Take the hint from the community and do what they want - not what you want - and it's guaranteed to be a success :D

yes u r right.

I also want to add that the tournament has to be short (i.e doesn't take ages to finish) cos teams will loose interest and the tournament will fail.

Post subject: Ye
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:55 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Id like to see a tourney where its pistols only, or you have only like 2v2 or 3v3
sounds good. And i like Ba'al's input for a ctf cup.
that would be very fun
I miss Ctf, Its not the same at on Q3 Tc.
Im not a mapper or web designer, but have graphic design background, and am a certified drafter . i just cannot map. unless there is a program where ou just put shit together, dunno.
Let me know how i can Help SoXx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:42 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

okay will do im still trying to put things together and get some league scripts :S finding it hard to find some ... but yeah ill let you know ThrillKill :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:15 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Okay got a few things together now i found some league software im gonna try it and let you guys know what is going on with this new league .. it will be 3 v 3 Objective :D thrillkill i will contact you on xfire for a few images doing man :P and i just want to thank you all for your posts and help and interest in this new league. i will lt you know when the iste is up and fully working with this league.

Thnx,
SoXx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:49 pm 
Expert
Expert

Having 2 leagues in the same time sux hard.

When do u plan to start it ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:41 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

i plan to start it after NC man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:13 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

I think he might mean WL not NC - the WL might start after NC. You should talk to Snake and co ordinate your leagues so they don't overlap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:01 pm 
Master
Master

When you put rules like, 1 match a week. That's what kills it. Especially from the US side, as we usually get screwed on match times, due to the amount of European players. Thats why I suggest a Ladder, with a span of a few months, loose match rules ( IE, you have to play all teams before X date, etc). There are plenty of clans around, and some might be more inclined to participate if extra time to prepare.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:21 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Baal wrote:
When you put rules like, 1 match a week. That's what kills it.

For the USA yes. But if you look at the past in TCE - the longest running and most successful of tourny's implemented specific timelines - whereas the "vague" ladders failed and people lost interest (ESL?).

If you leave one big deadline, I think people lose interest faster - whereas if they have several smaller deadlines (1 match per week, etc), it keeps things on track and it's easier to spot the clans/teams that are inactive/have no organization - and most importantly, it keeps the whole tournament on track.

But again I think it depends on the length of the ladder/tourny.

Last edited by Diane on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:23 pm 
Expert
Expert

Diane wrote:
Baal wrote:
When you put rules like, 1 match a week. That's what kills it.

For the USA yes. But if you look at the past in TCE - the longest running and most successful of tourny's implemented a timeline - whereas the "vague" ladders failed and people lost interest (ESL?).

If you leave one big deadline, I think people lose interest faster - whereas if they have several smaller deadlines (1 match per week, etc), it keeps things on track and it's easier to spot the clans/teams that are inactive/have no organization - and most importantly, it keeps the whole tournament on track.

But again I think it depends on the length of the ladder/tourny.

+1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:10 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

if it is going to be a small tourny, i suggest you use the ladder system
The longer the tourny the worse it will be.
just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:34 pm 
Expert
Expert

well... we r starting the shit on the wrong foot.

the first question should be: Which clans are interested in entering in a tournament after NC and WL?

Then after we know approx. how many clasna re willing to play, then we decide if it should the tournament should be a ladder or a cup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:08 pm 
Master
Master

naabz wrote:
well... we r starting the shit on the wrong foot.

the first question should be: Which clans are interested in entering in a tournament after NC and WL?

Then after we know approx. how many clasn are willing to play, then we decide if it should the tournament should be a ladder or a cup.

Not enough clans active if you ask me, just look who is available for funwars, so just imagine about a long term event.

i personally believe that only cross-clan event (like nc) can work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:46 pm 
Expert
Expert

No1 said we can't create new clans or do mix teams or recruit or whatever ...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next