All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: dead or alive
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:52 am 
Master
Master

as you all know the updates are coming at a snails pace, about once a month.
this has lead to alot of people on the main tce forums asking whether/when the update will come. occasionally, a new gun, occasionally a new map, occasionally new bug fixes. if you've ditched the project, tt/g6, tell us. if you're still working on it, give us updates. a very small update every week shouldn't be that hard. im sure you will have noticed that the servers are slowly- yes, slowly but surely emptying of players. many people have given up hope for the hugely overdue version of .49 and have gone off to play other shooters ( namely counterstrike, battlefield2, halo2, half life deathmatch, defence alliance 2, and other games.) instead of shooting the same skin with the same gun for the millionth time. yes i know this is a free game, the developers are doing it purely out of their free time, but:
1. i seem to remember over 200 dollars was donated?
2. even though its free coding a game isnt the hardest thing in the world.
3. people dont like waiting, but little snippets will hook them sufficiently enough to wait longer.
4. many games out there would kick the shit out of tce when compared so give us a reason why we should play this.
5. people are getitng very flustered.

there are people even hoping for a christmas update-in your dreams.
look at that p90 model. after-what, six months?, the p90 hasn't been skinned yet. now with all the new unskinned weapons and such, this game is not coming out until 2006, by which time prince of persia 3/4, splinter cell 4, metal gear solid 4, halo3, unreal tournament 2007, and a whole host of other games are coming.

good luck Groove6, and god hope anyone still plays "truecombat" in 2 months or so.

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:34 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well it takes alot of patience. if nothing is really happening, we could start by helping the team themselves. Each of us prolly has got some talent. I myself make 3dmodels, but i am yet to aquire a copy of 3dsmax, coz i lost my copy. ive been creating 3d models for about 4 to 5 years now.

something i made, it actually medpoly, though i may look like highpoly to some and lowpoly to others. this one took me aorund two whole weeks to make.[/img]

Post subject: Re: re
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:16 pm 
Master
Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
well it takes alot of patience. if nothing is really happening, we could start by helping the team themselves. Each of us prolly has got some talent. I myself make 3dmodels, but i am yet to aquire a copy of 3dsmax, coz i lost my copy. ive been creating 3d models for about 4 to 5 years now.

something i made, it actually medpoly, though i may look like highpoly to some and lowpoly to others. this one took me aorund two whole weeks to make.[/img]

that is a sweeet pic 8)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:39 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ty. it took me like several versions, making each one more detailed. and to think that each and every rope you see theree isnt just a line, but an actual twisted rope. ty. lets try to help the dev team for this game, somehow, if the members of this forum can help them, we could move the final release date closer to this century.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:25 pm 
Master
Master

its a good thing talented 3d people are all over the world, or else tce and a shitload of other games wouldnt be here at all!!
if i hadn't blown the lottery money(in hong kong it isnt that hard to win the lottery) on a *ahem* mercedes slr mclaren,id have donated some money to the devs. btw im just curious yeah,
over 200 us dollars were donated, but the software only cost around 80. so.... what happened to the leftover 120? just curious :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:25 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

as far as i know, 3d Studio max cost like $4000US. and Photoshop for textures cost like $800US. thats the problem im having, the software i need are far too expensive here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:12 am 
Master
Master

holy shit you might as well rob the bank!! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:24 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

that could also be one prob that the dev team is having. since the software is o expensive, they are prolly having a hard time finishing up even just one patch with a couple new maps and weapons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:08 am 
Master
Master

that can only mean one thing: 49 will never be released.

or am i wrong?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:57 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

hope your wrong. this game is nearly dead. we, (as one of the official groups on N.A.) must keep it alive.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]