All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: America's Army 2.5
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:55 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

they just released version 2.5 of America's Army: Special Forces. the full installation is a 903Mb download, and the patch only is around 78Mb. The update includes a new training mission called Shoot House. In that mission, you have to run in the building, shoot down all the opfor popups as fast and as accurate as you can. Each time you try it again, you are presented with a randomly set popups that also include friendly forces. You get to choose between using an M4 or and M9. The patch also includes two new multiplayer maps, SF Extraction and SF Dockside

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:36 am 
High Master
High Master

I hate AA.

It runs like absolute crap on my computer, it lags even worse, the training was stupid, grenades are a death sentence no matter what, gameplay is shitty, the uniforms for each team are often near identical, and it's a real pain in the ass to sit there for 20 minutes after I die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:05 am 
Master
Master

kozak6 wrote:
I hate AA.

It runs like absolute crap on my computer, it lags even worse, the training was stupid, grenades are a death sentence no matter what, gameplay is shitty, the uniforms for each team are often near identical, and it's a real pain in the ass to sit there for 20 minutes after I die.

yeah i hate it when some *I <3 the cawk* sniper kills you and then you watch another *I <3 the cawk* with an m16 walking around his own *i-need-a-broader-vocab* base. plus the ironsights *i-need-a-broader-vocab* suck. they dont even move!!! just like they're pasted onthe screen. and they're using the unreal engine 2.5 ( this has nothing to do with the version number, they've been using that engine for months..)

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:56 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well, still has some realism. about the engine, when AA was released, it was version 1.00+, back then they used "UE2". when special forces was released, version 2.00+, they are using "UE2.5" by next year, theyll be releasing version 3.00+, and of course, "UE3" by then, like you guys, i wouldnt be playing AA anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:07 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

As I have heard... when AA3 is released... the US Army will release modding tools for AA2.x to the modding communities. If they allow a full TC mod to be made... we could use the graphics and combat style of America's Army, minus the strict ROE and honor system. Wouldnt that be nice.... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:09 pm 
Master
Master

Long Live Epic Games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

long live TCE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:52 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

was thinking, maybe we could use the UE2 engine using America'sArmy source code (if they ever release it with the map editor and modelling tools), we could make a TC mod using UE2, it comes with ragdolls, a real physics engine and lots of other higher end stuff. plus, its scaleable and will work on any system that can run TCE. The big thing is, we dont have to change much only the ROE and the ability to play as terrorists and choose your own weapons.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]