All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:57 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
There was a game called Die hard trilogy that was a launched with the PS1. One of the part of the game was a sneaking game, where you did a lot of peering around corners. Also, you got to sneak behind people, and get this, BREAK THEIR NECK! Now, that was the major so called innovativeness in MGS1.


lol!! what!? i have played die hard, what i remembered was it was crap and arcadish, there wasnt any features such as breaking necks or wall hug,
"if im wrong i like you to show me screenshots"
or dragging dead bodies, hiding in shadows so tango's wont see you, hang on the railings so tango's cant see you, ect. ect. serious those features weren't in any other games, and if you say that MGS4 is going to steal other idea's, than you just cant admit that hideo kojima is innovative, come on tell me in which game its possible to let your gear look exactly the same like the wallpaper your standing infront of, tell me...

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
Die hard trilogy was based on the Die Hard Movies, and if you watched them, that would have great significances in making you feel like the head actor of a movie.


lol!! you dont know about games really, die hard didnt made you feel like an actor, it was just a movie based game, doesnt mean it made you feel like an actor, the feel is different from MGS1

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
WOW MGS got beat again! This isn't looking good for MGS now is it? It's not over yet. Syphlon filter was a 3rd person/first person game like MGS 2,


syphlon filter wasnt a stealth game, its was an action shooter, nice try though, i bet you havent even tried the game yet,

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
There is much much more to go into, so much so I don't feel like getting into it all. I can pick at the flaws in MGS plot, compare all of it's features to games that were out before it, how it copies director techniques from other games or how it copies the humor style from games before it. But I'll be nice and end here.


nope MGS is revolutionary, trust me, because that post made you look like someone who just talks shit and dont know about games,

before you post again i want you to watch this documentary about kojima:

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utX9NQMKKyI

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9pkgKeYqYg

if you watch those documentaries you will learn how innovative kojima actually is and why MGS1 was revolutionary,

and if you still say its not revolutionary "he stole idea's from other games" than im afraid you dont have any insights to see true talent and originality,

i bet you havent even played MGS1,

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Last edited by Dragonathan on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:01 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
XenoKiLLer wrote:
Although Haze does look pretty amazing but the idea isnt very original.


well if you compared it will halo, gamedesign/concept wise, than it is a hell lot original than halo,

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:04 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
Not really. If Haze came out long before Crysis and FEAR debut themselves it would be original but technically Haze is just Crysis and FEAR put together with new skin.

Halo on the otherhand is a lame excuse of a shooter with ridiculously powerful railguns and a whole pack patheticaly useless weapons.

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:00 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:38 pm
Posts: 2007
XenoKiLLer wrote:
Halo on the otherhand is a lame excuse of a shooter with ridiculously powerful railguns and a whole pack patheticaly useless weapons.

but when it came out, it was a NEW crappy shooter (it's actually pretty good for a console one, but it's not Goldeneye)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:18 pm 
Offline
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:51 am
Posts: 74
ahhh, Goldeneye. I used to play that in the senior lounge at my high school. The best was having throwing knive fights. :lol:

I like halo because I was never able to get into any sci-fi shooters because most of them are very fast paced. Halo is a fun sci-fi shooter but not super fast paced.

_________________
deviantART

TC:E name- 8_Bit_Brad


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:53 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:38 pm
Posts: 2007
up until I could get SWAT3 working, halo was my time-killing shooter of choice. it' simple, fun, and has vehicles you can screw around in :D

when the playstation was released, nintendo lost a good chunk of exclusives (megaman 8 D: he's supposed to SHUT UP AND SHOOT THINGS!, Metal Gear, etc.) but now it seems they're migrating back.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:28 am 
Offline
High Master
High Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:07 am
Posts: 539
You clearly did not play though Syphlon Filter and Die hard, because both games have sneaking missions/areas. The sneaking greatly resembles that of MGS1, which I've played and beat the month it came out, and I liked it. However, MGS 1 used the silliness of Abe's Odd World Odyssey's for the guards. Ant was another game that had the same silliness. Now, I know there is no real use trying to get this through your head, since you prove yourself to be ignorant and closed minded over and over again. Your a fan boy, who refuses to accept the truth, and you use biased sources for your claims. I never said Metal Gear Solid was bad, I like the games, but they are not innovative, like most games today, it is just another game that compiles other peoples ideas into one game, and tweaks them to suit the game.

There were sneaking games on the NES before Metal Gear. Sneaking is not new to any game. The only thing MGS did was allow you to put your back to the wall, which allowed you to get a better view around the corner. However, other games had a feature to allow you to look around the corner with a better view, MGS just tweaked it to suit the games theme better.

Go back and play some of the old hack and slash/ plat former games, and you will find strong similarities in map design, challenges, and humor. The older action shooter games have many of the same features any of the metal gears had for the action part. MGS just blended them nicely, and had them suit the theme of the game.

Halo wasn't never known for it's originality, it was good because it was a very good shooter for a console game. Also, the lan parties made if fun for the people who are not that adept at gaming, or the new comers. It opened a door for a lot of people, and like you, they have become fan boys of the game that first really attracted them to it. Mine is Resident Evil, I played and beat every RE that has come out, and enjoyed every last one of them, even the ultra lame ones that came out.

Your just to closed minded to realize that the game you idolize isn't as great as you think it is, but I'm not too worried, because one day it will set in, and like I did with RE, you will realize that you over hyped a game that was good, not great or grand, but better than average. Like FF7, a lot of gamers liked it, put it on a throne and worshiped it, but after people tried the other games, they realized it was nothing more than a good RPG, nothing made it great other than the fact that it was one of the first good RPGs. I say one of the first because I never liked NES/SNES RPG's, their battle system was a little to slow.

_________________
No Dragon, red is my new color.
I once spelt violet voilate, I will carry that cross to my grave.
Dragonathan, no I can't.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:13 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
You clearly did not play though Syphlon Filter and Die hard, because both games have sneaking missions/areas. The sneaking greatly resembles that of MGS1, which I've played and beat the month it came out, and I liked it. However, MGS 1 used the silliness of Abe's Odd World Odyssey's for the guards. Ant was another game that had the same silliness. Now, I know there is no real use trying to get this through your head, since you prove yourself to be ignorant and closed minded over and over again. Your a fan boy, who refuses to accept the truth, and you use biased sources for your claims. I never said Metal Gear Solid was bad, I like the games, but they are not innovative, like most games today, it is just another game that compiles other peoples ideas into one game, and tweaks them to suit the game.
.


you still didnt showed me screenshots of the same features used in MGS1 of the 2 games you mentioned, syphlon filter was a action shooter, example, syplon filter had crosshairs, MGS1 didnt had it,"which makes game more slower because u had to aim properly with the laser beam that was attached on the gun" and back then syphlon filter didnt had any stealth elements, it was basically shoot em up, and your crazy if u say that die hard had sneaking missions,

and stop whining about being close minded, just because i dont agree with u doesnt mean im close minded,

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Last edited by Dragonathan on Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:22 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
8_Bit_Brad wrote:
i like halo because I was never able to get into any sci-fi shooters because most of them are very fast paced. Halo is a fun sci-fi shooter but not super fast paced.

HALO 3 is going to be extremely fast paced,

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:30 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:38 pm
Posts: 2007
Dragonathan wrote:
and stop whining about being close minded, just because i dont agree with u doesnt mean im close minded,


the fact you are not willing to look from any viewpoint but your own does.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:09 pm 
Offline
High Master
High Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:07 am
Posts: 539
Halo 3 will not be extremely fast paced, just fast paced. Your bar for fast pace is low, because you play a lot of the slower games. TC:E, MGS, and things that involve waiting. Fast pace is RTCW:ET playing an engineer with 40 or more player and to many Field ops is extremely fast paced, or a Rambo medic with a lot of players. Halo is just fast paced, even the multi-player. Now, Poke'mon Red is extremely, too the max, fast paced

_________________
No Dragon, red is my new color.
I once spelt violet voilate, I will carry that cross to my grave.
Dragonathan, no I can't.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:47 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
Halo 3 will not be extremely fast paced, just fast paced. Your bar for fast pace is low, because you play a lot of the slower games. TC:E, MGS, and things that involve waiting. Fast pace is RTCW:ET playing an engineer with 40 or more player and to many Field ops is extremely fast paced, or a Rambo medic with a lot of players. Halo is just fast paced, even the multi-player. Now, Poke'mon Red is extremely, too the max, fast paced


euhm... dude.. im still waiting for your screenshots,

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:47 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
Dragonathan wrote:
-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
You clearly did not play though Syphlon Filter and Die hard, because both games have sneaking missions/areas. The sneaking greatly resembles that of MGS1, which I've played and beat the month it came out, and I liked it. However, MGS 1 used the silliness of Abe's Odd World Odyssey's for the guards. Ant was another game that had the same silliness. Now, I know there is no real use trying to get this through your head, since you prove yourself to be ignorant and closed minded over and over again. Your a fan boy, who refuses to accept the truth, and you use biased sources for your claims. I never said Metal Gear Solid was bad, I like the games, but they are not innovative, like most games today, it is just another game that compiles other peoples ideas into one game, and tweaks them to suit the game.
.


you still didnt showed me screenshots of the same features used in MGS1 of the 2 games you mentioned, syphlon filter was a action shooter, example, syplon filter had crosshairs, MGS1 didnt had it,"which makes game more slower because u had to aim properly with the laser beam that was attached on the gun" and back then syphlon filter didnt had any stealth elements, it was basically shoot em up, and your crazy if u say that die hard had sneaking missions,

and stop whining about being close minded, just because i dont agree with u doesnt mean im close minded,


To add to that, competitiveness in this industry does involve building upon each other's ideas and improving them. Lets say is company A came up with a good idea, company B can legally copy said idea (not IP only gameplay idea) and improve on it. The thing with Haze is, its main gameplay feature is very similar if not exactly the same as Crysis, and Crysis which improves upon FEAR's adrenalin bullet time which FEAR probably copied from something else.

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:25 am 
Offline
High Master
High Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:07 am
Posts: 539
The fact that people improve on good features from other games is what keeps gaming good. I don't have a problem with people improving a pone other peoples idea's. Because most games that have a a truly new feature tend to suck balls. Not because the feature was lame, but because the developers were rushed, had a bad story, or Microsoft made it. The idea of sneaking was around before MGS1, it was in NES games, SNES games, Saga games, arcade games. MGS is just an improvement on those.

Tenchu, was out before MGS. It was a sneaking/action game. You could break necks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenchu:_Stealth_Assassins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_1

It was out 7 months before MGS. Die hard had sneaking in it too, but it was not the main theme. Because it was a less hyped game, I would have to go through trouble finding a screen shot to prove it, and I'm lazy.

_________________
No Dragon, red is my new color.
I once spelt violet voilate, I will carry that cross to my grave.
Dragonathan, no I can't.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:58 am 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:38 pm
Posts: 2007
-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
The fact that people improve on good features from other games is what keeps gaming good. I don't have a problem with people improving a pone other peoples idea's. Because most games that have a a truly new feature tend to suck balls. Not because the feature was lame, but because the developers were rushed, had a bad story, or Microsoft made it. The idea of sneaking was around before MGS1, it was in NES games, SNES games, Saga games, arcade games. MGS is just an improvement on those.

Tenchu, was out before MGS. It was a sneaking/action game. You could break necks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenchu:_Stealth_Assassins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_1

It was out 7 months before MGS. Die hard had sneaking in it too, but it was not the main theme. Because it was a less hyped game, I would have to go through trouble finding a screen shot to prove it, and I'm lazy.


don't forget the father of the MGS series, Metal Gear for the NES.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Style created by © Matti, gry komputerowe, reklama sem reklama seo

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group