All times are UTC

Post subject: Xbox 360 is limiting GTA IV
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:21 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Rockstar's creative vice president Dan Houser wrote:
The Xbox 360's lack of a guaranteed hard disk is creating limitations in Grand Theft Auto IV's development, Rockstar has acknowledged.

During an interview with our partners in crime at Official PlayStation Magazine, Rockstar's creative vice president Dan Houser was asked: "On PS3 you've got a guarantee that every machine is going to have a hard-drive and, with Blu-ray, you've got plenty of storage, whereas on Xbox 360 there's no guarantee of a hard-drive and you're working with the DVD format. Does that create limitations?" To which he replied, "Yep."

He continued, "To be honest with you we haven't solved all those riddles yet." The difficulties aren't limited to working on Microsoft's box, as Houser explains that "both have enormous challenges" and that "both have their own particular pleasures and pains".

source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=163233
more and more game developers wanna take full advantage of the blue ray,

trust met ps3 will be the the winner eventually "again",
blue ray is also 1 big reason why ps3 will win this war,
"u cant beat sony when it comes to electronic equipments if u dont have anough experience in the electronic business, sony is highly skilled in that erea"

blue ray owns japan by 96%
blue ray owns europe by 89% "i live here dont see any hd-dvd i only see BR in stores"
blue ray owns north america by 68%

lots of people are going to buy a ps3 sooner or later, not all the 115miilion+ ps2 owners havent even moved to ps3 yet, they will soon,

thats why hideo kojima dont wants to make MGS4 for the 360, unless the 360 is as powerful as the ps3,

trust me, hideo kojima dont really care about the money, he cares about his reputation for being a developer that develops quality games, so he probably choose quality above money,

btw, in the past some MGS series went to different consoles, wasnt so succesful as it was playstation, i dont think hideo kojima wants to make the same mistakes again for going multi platform,
he even stated that he finds 50GB a bit less for MGS4,
so xbots, dont think kojima will release MGS4 to the 360 because i dont think he wants to make his game look like this:

anyways, i think MGS4 will revolutionize the gaming industry just like MGS1 on the playstation,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:12 am 
High Master
High Master

It's not really going to come down to the tech in America. We tend to like what's comfortable and who has games, period. Most people eventually bought both an Xbox 360 and a PS2, the same will happen with the Xbox 360 and PS3. The thing is, Xbox 360 already had the better launch, and PS3 will be the one people get second.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:19 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Lol that box is big. While they are bickering over disk sizes, here at PC world we have something called compression. One of the newer compression methods is called UHARC. What is amazing about this is it can compress gigabytes into mere megabytes and so space is nolonger an issue.

That is the problem with consoles, you can never really just make one game and hope it works for most if not all of them. (and thats why they are more expensive - yeah sure the console is cheaper than the PC, but the games are expensive and the console cant do more than entertain you)

In the case of console developments, things are very different from PC, such as hardware, to the point that development for a console actually requires the computers used to be interfaced with the consoles simply because one 20Mb driver isnt compatible. This dramatically increases the price. Now if the main content medium is incompatible, it will only raise the cost of console game development and now completely seperated the games made for either console. In PC's case, we can just slap in the new hardware and were good to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:04 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

you can also have a PC from the PS2 era and still have good graphics on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:37 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

It still sums up to one thing, what MS and Sony are doing is only making it harder for developers to make games. Thus games become more and more expensive for us.