All times are UTC

Post subject: Alliance: The Silent War.
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

A game in development, and it looks to be awesome.

It's a 20th Century combat FPS, going through major wars/battles of the last 100 years. You can also make custom scenarios and stuff, too. Ever wondered how a Spetznaz team would go up against a platoon of WW2 marines? you can do that. What's that? you want to make it more fair? fine. Give the marines MP5s.

What's that? You want to make sure that that Thompson will stand up to the FAL? why not use their Ballistics check, and see accuracy, damage, and effective range.

Iron Sights? they're there. And they're adjustable. You heard it, Range-adjustable irons.

The amount of weapons is HUGE. They have assault rifles from FALs to StG. 44s to the M16, SMGs from the MP-28 to the MP5, and almost every other gun you can think of.

Oh christ, you're pinned down! hey, there's a dead guy there. Just pick him up and have a human shield.

http://alliancethegame.com/thewar.php <-- Official Site
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... ov&pl=game <-- Gameplay video

/me saves his money for this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:25 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Over 200 weapons!?!?!? :shock:

That's crazy!!! crazy, as in unbeleivably awesome!

Couple things though....

1. DirectX 10?
2. Ageia PhysX?

I know this'll prolly require an 8 series or high 7 series GeForce, but if I gotta upgrade to Vista or buy the PhysX card.... then I dunno.... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:15 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it looks to be DX9, and it doesn't look like there's any real big jumps in physics.

but that's made up for in the maps and weapon selection. it has real-time shadows of players and NPCs. if it comes out before Episode 2 (probably won't) it would be the first game with that on the market.

http://media.alliancethegame.com/movies ... Engine.mov has the weather/lighting system demo. it looks a lot easier to use than Microsoft Flight Simulator's weather system.