All times are UTC

Post subject: MGS4 goin to 360!
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:27 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

http://www.destructoid.com/mgs4-is-comi ... 1775.phtml

I'm not sure if this a 100% true. Destructoid is a reliable source to me. Like I said before If SONY keeps losing exclusives their console will go downhill. MGS4 was their one game to revive them IMO. It also says it may be coming to the Wii. I can see it happing but it will probably look really bad on the Wii.

I'm posting this for discussion. All I ask is not to turn this into another flame fest of consoles.

TC:E name- 8_Bit_Brad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:19 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Hmm. If it hits the wii, maybe they'd stick the original Metal Gear on virtual Console, then you can do old and new!

That or on XBL arcade, but it would probably go Virtual Console.

IT's nice to zsee it for other systems, maybe the xbox control scheme will do it good, or maybe it'll be better on the PS3. either way, it'll be a good thing for people with <$599.

Post subject: Re: MGS4 goin to 360!
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:44 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

no its not going to the 360, first it was a 1 april's fools joke, 360 fans obviously took this serious, u can google for yourself when this rumor appeared, it was exactly 1 april when this rumor came out,

hideo kojima already addressed this, its not going to be for the 360, because 360 isnt capable for MGS4, btw its old news,

reasons:
1. u need cell processor
2. u need blue ray,

hideo kojima is going to take full advantage of the ps3's power "no crappy ports"

but he might be making a different game for the 360, and thats very much true, because he said it himself "not a rumor",

Kojima wrote:
"I think it's up to each project, and the individual producer", he says. "If they want to take it multiplatform, they will". But like I said, MGS4 is aimed for the movie theatre, it's aimed for the PS3, so the game's scenario and graphics need this theatre-type hardware. It's when a producer has a game that can work on the 'DVD level' that a game will go multiplatform".

^not from a website but from kojima's own mouth^
source: http://kotaku.com/gaming/go307/feature- ... 248695.php

sony is not losing exclusives, it just looks like it is but its not, the one's that r going multiplatform r usually the one's that have been doing multiplatforms for years,

here check all sony's exclusive at sony's gamers day:
http://www.gametrailers.com/sonygday2k7.php

i think the 2 times world champion "playstation" is going to take this title again, just be patience, remember that ps2 is still world's nr1 console, and it is still selling, games r still being made for the ps2, while gamecube and xbox allready died.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:40 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

just want to post this little .gif for you.

the PS3 is really behind in sales right now. The only possible console that didn't sell better is the Gamecube, which sucked anyway. And the wii has overtaken the PS2, also.(source)
1. Nintendo DS - 471,000 units
2. Wii - 360,000 units
3. Playstation 2 - 194,000 units
4. Playstation Portable - 183,000 units
5. Xbox 360 - 175,000 units
6. Game Boy Advance - 84,000 units
7. Playstation 3 - 82,000 units
8. GameCube - 13,000 units

Also, you're missing something in that quote: Context.

it's on Devil May Cry 4. In fact, that is stated right before the part you quoted.

With context:
Quote:
Pity. So, Devil May Cry 4, going multiplatform. Thoughts? Comments? "I think it's up to each project, and the individual producer", he says. "If they want to take it multiplatform, they will". I'm going somewhere with this question, and he knows exactly where that is...

Before you call me a Nintendo fanboy, remember this: I really don't care about consoles. The last console I really played was the N64, and only because it was the only thing available at the time.

one more thing:

1. Nintendo DS - 471,000 units
2. Wii - 360,000 units
3. Playstation 2 - 194,000 units
4. Playstation Portable - 183,000 units
5. Xbox 360 - 175,000 units
6. Game Boy Advance - 84,000 units
7. Playstation 3 - 82,000 units
8. GameCube - 13,000 units

Stats for may 21st. The PS3 is being beaten by a Super Nintendo missing two buttons. Said super Nintendo is also two models obsolete. I don't think they even make games for it any more.

but to go on-topic:
I just took a peek in SA's games forum(s) to look for other sources, and this one may not be 100% reliable. it's likely that it will be released for the 360 if demand is high enough for it, but too low to boost PS3 sales, but it's probably an afterthought.

Last edited by it on Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:31 am 
High Master
High Master

Microsoft does have the money to buy out any game producers, so don't say never.

You don't need Cell or Blue ray to run MGS4, if Microsoft did buy out Konomi, or what ever company produced it, they could easily tone down some features and make it multiple disk. Microsoft can make a hostel take over, one that Sony cannot stop, but it's unlikely to happen, because the pay off for one game wouldn't be worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:18 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

From what I have read Sony only has a 1 year exclusivity agreement for MGS4. So I can see this happening. Also with Konami getting downsized they may be looking for some help from MS. Plus MS has power and money :twisted:

Well just have to wait and see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:57 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

8_Bit_Brad wrote:
From what I have read Sony only has a 1 year exclusivity agreement for MGS4. So I can see this happening. Also with Konami getting downsized they may be looking for some help from MS. Plus MS has power and money :twisted:

Well just have to wait and see.

yes and if the agreement is true, than MGS4 will be pretty much old after 1 year, dont forget the history, MGS went to xbox and it sucked ass,

haze is also timed exclusive for the ps3, by the time it will be on the 360 it will suck, look at FEAR... its so old and it really sucked when it when to the ps3,

microsoft has the power, sony has power & creativity,

i see a really bright future for the ps3,
and i support the ps3 fully because it is participating folding@home, folding is that thing that helps to find a way to cure cancer, thats something i believe in, specially if my mother actually has cancer,

Last edited by Dragonathan on Thu May 31, 2007 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:48 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

In the world we live in today Money trumps all.

I agree with the folding@home. I like how the ps3 has that. I first heard about f@h on DL.TV. I tried contributing to it but my comp just couldn't get the work units done...took forever. I was using the graphic ver. Yet to try the non graphic ver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:53 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

here read some of the articles:
http://ps3.qj.net/index.php?pg=64&q=folding

for the one's that dont have a PS3, u still can contribute the project:
http://folding.stanford.edu/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:17 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

8_Bit_Brad wrote:
In the world we live in today Money trumps all.

I agree with the folding@home. I like how the ps3 has that. I first heard about f@h on DL.TV. I tried contributing to it but my comp just couldn't get the work units done...took forever. I was using the graphic ver. Yet to try the non graphic ver.

The first WU takes forever. after a few, it gets going quicly, I was at about 1 a day after a week on the first one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:55 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I think they really intended to use the cell for that. Although PCs ar epowerful they are designed to handle many different tasks all at the same time - the ps3 is specialized to run the one program you chose plus the firmware, that leaves more processing power for which ever it is you plan to use. Not to mention, I doubt it even has to run as many drivers as the PC or the 360 having no videocard at all and mostly everything depends on that one cellprocessor.