bill gates has absolutely no talents to be creative and innovative watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-2C2gb6 ... ed&search=

microsucks.......................................,

i sense that microsucks is going to use sony's blue ray for crapbox360 :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:40 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

haha, that is funny. Im not a fan of windows. I do use it (xp), sadly. never tried mac os. Vista is nothing more than a $200 resource hog version of xp.

I don't think MS would ever use blueRay seeing as Sony uses it and BR and HD are competing formats.

TC:E name- 8_Bit_Brad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:22 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

im not sure if this is true fales, but i got this article from a website, u can google it if u want to:
Quote:
Rachel Konrad:

There is Bad news on the horizon for X-Box 360's HD-DVD Drive owners as Peter Moore told Rachel Konrad on a recent trip to Japan while entering negotiations with Pioneer. Microsoft's Xbox corporate VP of worldwide marketing and publishing Peter Moore told Japanese site ITmedia that the imminent release of the Blu-ray Xbox 360 peripheral could appear for the system before Christmas. Moore admitted that Microsoft's opinion on HD-DVD as the Next Generation format winner is bleak with the worst-case scenario being a repeat of the Beta vs.VHS war of the '80s. Moore also added Microsoft is giving the consumers the most cutting edge technology out there and In this moment in time Blu-Ray is that.

As per usual Peter Moore couldn't help but have a go at Sony and the PS3 "However, he suggested that whatever the outcome of the HD-DVD/Blu-ray war, the Xbox 360 can adopt the dominant format since its uses an external drive. He also suggested that it's a weak point for PlayStation 3, saying Sony's system is stuck with only 1 format. Microsoft announced the Blu-Ray peripheral will connect to the Xbox 360 using one of the system's USB ports. Moore once again confirmed that the Blu Ray add-on for the Xbox 360 is only for watching movies, and there are currently no plans to use it for games, nor are there plans to release an Xbox 360 with an internal Blu Ray drive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:41 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

there's only one software company I hate more than Microsoft.

It is Apple.

if they want to whine about Microsoft using their ideas, why not take on the team doing KDE for having it look like one of their products, too.

besides, this, aside from the blu-ray on the xbox, is really old news. I think they've already settled. Blu-ray seems to have succeeded thus far because it has the backing of the major movie companies. If they had thrown thier support behind HD-DVD, it would have gone the other way, with the PS3 using HD-DVD (Blu-ray was announced before, and released, before HD-DVD, making it faster to get profit off).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:02 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

You guys do know that this constant bashing of software copying each other is illegal. It is known as the Anti-trust Law. This means that anything that prevents competitive marketing (otherwise preventing a company from copying the product of another and improving upon it, such as the WGA program) is technically illegal.

If you ask me, its about time we go Linux. I am. Ofcourse I will always keep a dual boot of windows just for games and general applications while I move all my design needs straight towards linux.

Regarding the bluray/HD-DVD, as a consumer myself, franky I do not care, aslong as it works then so be it. These two better be inter-compatible otherwise thatll only mean a lot of BS is going to happen with software and digital media distribution - ala higher prices because they need to make different versions for each media type.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:09 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the HD-DVD and blu-ray format war was really hard to call, as it wasn't really anything new, like DVD vs. VHS, just hi-def.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:53 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

HD doesnt cut it. HD reso are like what, 720p and 1080p - sorry to burst the bubbles ofthe HD fanatics out there but PCs have had resolutions 3 times higher than those since W98. In the world of PC, HD just doenst cut anything, thats like going to war today carrying a musket and a nag of powder.

Frankly its the size of the disk that matters and what will determine the winning format is which one becomes compatible to both as having two different formats for the same thing will never work - look at VHS, at its time it didnt have competition of the same kind, same thing with DVD - and it worked out well for everyone. This time, companies like MS, Sony, and Apple are seriously just doing this to beat each other out of the game, sure that is healthy for business, keeps it moving, but doing what they do know bashing each other's products as copies and infringment, and releasing incompatible products of the same purpose just doesnt help the consumer, whom of all things should be the first priority.

It is in these next few years where the free software foundation will actually step in big time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:31 am 
Expert
Expert

"Moore admitted that Microsoft's opinion on HD-DVD as the Next Generation format winner is bleak with the worst-case scenario being a repeat of the Beta vs.VHS war of the '80s."

This person doesn't know what hes taking about...

the betamax was sony's product, the much more expensive (to produce and buy) and larger capacity format, VHS was used by everyone else...and the VHS absolutely crushed the betamax...so the worst case scenario for the HD-DVD is one in which it gains a crushing victory over sony? cool, thank you ps3 propaganda site!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:05 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Quote:
Xbox 360, Wii fall to Asian piracy, PS3 resisting

We got a tip from one of our friends in Southeast Asia that gave us an idea of how the darker side of the console war is being waged there. It currently looks to be a square-off between the Nintendo Wii and the Microsoft Xbox 360 in the pirate market.

According to our source, modded Xbox 360 consoles have been available in the Philippines for some six months now, which was followed by the Wii whose modded versions started shipping barely two months ago in the country. Amazingly, the Wii is slightly more expensive than Microsoft's game machine. This may be attributed to the short supply of the console in the global market.

Our source says that a basic modded Wii package that includes the console and five pirated games of the buyer's choice sells at an average price of about 20,000 pesos depending on the customer's bargaining skills. That's roughly US$ 400, which is significantly pricier than the un-modded ones that we have in the U.S.

If you're really into the machine, you can shell out 22,000 pesos, or about US$ 440 to get the fully loaded package. It includes all the accessories and 20 bootlegged games of your choice.

The Xbox 360 is a little closer in terms of its legitimate price point stacked up with the modded one. The basic package, which is very similar to what you get with the Core model here, sells for 19,000 pesos (US$ 402) and comes with just one controller and five pirated games. If you want the total package, you can get the one that sells for 23,000 pesos (US$ 486) where the dealer will gladly give you the unit, two controllers, headsets, 20 games of your choice, a 20GB hard drive, and a dandy cooling fan. The tipster said the pirates are working on a system that will allow owners of bootlegged games to access Xbox Live.

More frighteningly, our tipster says some of the dealers of the pirated gear are speculating on establishing a private server that can host a "pirate's mini-Xbox Live environment." The idea may seem a bit ambitious, but similar things have happened before. Hobbyists have been able to establish private servers which host Asian MMORPGs so that users won't have to pay for prepaid subscriptions. Games for both the Xbox 360 and the Wii cost 280 pesos (US$ 5.92) a piece.

Only the Sony PlayStation 3 has so far withstood the pirate's dissecting knife. To date, there is still no modded PS3 anywhere in Asia which has been successfully marketed. The danger, however, has not passed as our informant asked a store owner if there's hope that the high-end console will be modded. Amazingly, the man said "Blu-ray is giving our suppliers trouble, so you might have to wait until next year."

Our asset tells us that next-gen consoles are pretty new in his country and prices are still "relatively high." He says everyone expects the listed prices to drop by some 30 to 40 percent after a year. The same goes for bootlegged games. Thanks to Merc for the info.

blue ray is extremely hard to pirate, which means that game developers will most likely choose blue ray over hd-dvd, because they can have more profit with blue rays than with hd-dvd, and there are more possibilities with the blue ray "game design wise"

funny though, microsucks kept bragging about how hd-dvd is going to win the format war, now they r planning to use sony's blue ray,
if this is going to happen, im going to be ashamed for microsucks, using their competitor's format that they bashed about, damnnnnnnnnnn

but seriously, if i cant get cheap pirated games for my PS3 when i visit south east asia, i might sell my ps3 and re-purchase an xbox 360 again :lol:

Last edited by Dragonathan on Mon May 21, 2007 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:29 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

They said the exact same thing for DVDs back in those days, and look whats happening know, anyone with a DVD-R drive and a fast connection can bootleg.

It is just either or, there really is no stopping piracy. There is no difference what resolution of picture because HD is pretty small anyway. What matters is which player can play both then that would obviously be the one that will win in the end. Its better to be able to use both than just one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:38 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i bet 450euro's that blue ray is going to win,
if im wrong i really am going to send u the money just pm me, and tell me your bank account number and stuff,

i really am going to shit my pants if i c that microsucks is using sony's blue ray for the 360, could u imagine that??? microsucks has always been talking allot of negative stuff about blue ray, but in the end theyre using it, it would be very hypocritical

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Frankly I doubt anyone but the purists of MS or Sojy would really be bothering with which one they use. As for the rest of the world, obviously the cheaper and inter-compatible one will be the best option, just like the VHS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:50 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Who cares what format comes out on top, as long as it leads to the betterment of the gaming community as a whole..... am I right? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if blue ray wins, than it's $$kacinggg$$ for sony,
and im not even sure if sony will let microsucks use blue ray for the 360,
that would be ..ckted up for microsucks, big problem will occur, more and more game developers are choosing blue ray over HD-DVD,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:09 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Actually neither can prevent the other from adopting each other's technology and idea, as I said, its illegal to do that. Its called the anti-trust law.

Nobody really cares if sony makes money or not. Its all about wether thier product is any good to us.