All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: integrated cheatbusted tool?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:54 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

in allot of multiplayer games, a security protection is intergrated/supported by a security program such as nshield, usually if u start the game, the nshield security loads, first u see the nshield splashscreen, than it loads up the protection, so you are are safe to play.

so i wonder if cheatbusted could do something like that for TCe, like opening your TCe, than a splashscreen of punkbusted ad, than a loading screen that loads the anti cheating tool automaticly,

im not sure if this is a good idea or not because im not an expert on the technical parts, but i wanted to suggest this because im getting tired of the shameless cheating, so maybe this could reduce the cheating, even if it reduce the cheating a tiny little bit, i would still be happy.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Mon May 21, 2007 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:41 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I think people would ge tthe idea of Punkbusted because WET uses Punkbuster. Its not really necessary to put that up. The fact is Nshield doesnt really advertise itself - the popup that looks like a splash screen ad is actually the nshield application initiating itself.

However if they were to advertise PB, they could simply ad the logo on the main menu with all the other logos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:29 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Interesting suggestion,however not really practical as no anti-cheat community deals with the game code.
All we do is we take the game files and codes checks against any possible violations we know of and such.
What is usually done in the AA community, for example, is that server admins put the AC community tags before or after their clan name on the server rules.
Example could be:

CB-TCEclan

CB=CheatBusted
TCEclan= clan name

Also,it is common for server admins to have a server rule phrase such as

"This server streams to CheatBusted"
"TCEclan is full member of CheatBusted"
"This server uses the CheatBusted ban list"

and so forth

This said,we, at CheatBusted are working on a few new tools and a few projects that will help server admins. I have posted on the Clan Board a thread "looking for testers" because one of our tools is about to enter closed beta

http://www.gameservers.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:04 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well ACCs are very common in today's games, and even ACClans - such as FBIClan of AA.

Avguste, just feel free to make announcements at the servers forums for scripts and clans forums for information they might need for CheatBusted. We will lock the threads and make them announcements that all will see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:54 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Thank you for that Xenokiller
Much appreciated

In the general direction of Dragonathan idea, one thing that could be done is for CheatBusted's logo to be included in the game itself,like the login screen. But that would need approval from the devs. I have sent a pm to Diane a few month ago about much involvement/cooperation between the TCE devs and CB. Waiting on a response

http://www.gameservers.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:58 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Probably a per clan basis. --(everyone)-- Remember that CheatBusted nor TT is getting anymoney out of this or paying anyone therefore no legal rules are actually broken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:53 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

avguste wrote:
one thing that could be done is for CheatBusted's logo to be included in the game itself, like the login screen. But that would need approval from the devs.
I have sent a pm to Diane a few month ago about much involvement/cooperation between the TCE devs and CB. Waiting on a response

for these type of issue's i recommend u to contact the programmers,
try: LordOfKao$ or Coroner

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]