All times are UTC

After watching the trailer which is scarier?
Doom 1/2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Doom 3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Resident Evil (I doubt it) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Silent Hill 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Something else (specify) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
This game for sure 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 2
 Post subject: Clive Barker's Jericho
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:38 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

If you thought Doom3 was scary, well you are wrong. Clive Barker is a master macabre story teller, famous for works like Candyman and Hellraiser. Jericho is a tactical team shooter mixing heavy gun fire with magic and the paranormal.

A group of specialy trained soldiers is dispatched to explore a newly discovered "lost city" which appears out of nowhere in the desert. As they go in they discover the secrets which it has kept secret for thousands of years and unleased it. The game play like Rainbow Six, but in the atmosphere of Doom or Resident Evil or Silent Hill and the skills and powers found in an rpg. The game also features environments not only spanning several different civilizations but spanning several eras from modern, wwii, wwi, crusaders, romans, etc.

The trailer is here

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... ov&pl=game

This game is uber in violence, seriously. I believe from the looks of it, the trailer is ingame video aswell and NO it is not Unreal Engine 3, it uses its own engine called Mercury Engine developed inhouse. Chances are this would work with most current generation PCs ad mainstream designs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:01 pm 
Master
Master

idk looks kinda lame sauce wtf at ancient zombie ghost clowns

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:11 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well... those were Knight templars... zombie-fied, but certainly better than the generic zombies in HL2 or Resident Evil or even the alien-demons of Doom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:13 pm 
Master
Master

I am sticking to zombie ghost clowns, plus the guys cloths aren't too functional now are they

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:18 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, chain mail and white bloody tunit with a red templar cross plus the fact that bullets just go through them, hmm... well i guess wearing anything doesnt make any sense at all. :lol:

Well this game isnt just about guns as I said. The trailer failed to show the different aspects of this game - the supernatural aspects.

As in the wikipedia article: each character has a unique skill/power which they can use an infinite number of times expect that it has a definete cool down time per use.

In general this game excells in a way that it doesnt seem to rely on ridiculously strong monsters and behind-you spawning tricks instead uses atmosphere and theme to send the creepy moving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:20 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

jesus christ thats freaking cheezy,
looks like a typical american movie,

most of the team members going to die 1 by 1, and there will be 1 left, that 1 will be the hero, end of story, wack........

silent hill is much better, and tons other japanese horror games, japanese horror is more artful and well thought, and most japanese horror games will be on the sony playstation,

Last edited by Dragonathan on Sat May 05, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:31 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well the thing is, it isnt like Silent Hill or Resident Evil. The thing is being a supernatural shooter - nobody really dies permanentaly unless you allow it.

Still, it is very creative and presents the horror genre of video games fresh meat away from zombies and demons - technically because these are ghosts not zombies. Also, unlike the said American horror movies, most of which are based from Japanese movies, those movies rely on the pop out of the darkness trick, which is pretty cheap (especially the Ring and the Grudge which in the end made no reasonable arguement for all the killing)

I would also mention games like Condemened and ManHunt, senselessly brutal violence - Jericho is expect to be violently brutal however deranged super natural beings made of pure evil (this is purely fantasy therefore that exists unlike in reality based games)

This game is still early in development, we really cannot judge its quality till then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:38 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i dont like western horror,
i only like japanese horror,

speaking of horror and ghosts, have u ever seen a ghost?
well i did, it was covered in smoke in the shape of a human,
it was about 3 years ago when i saw that ghost, always thought that ghosts in pictures that looked smokey were fake and edited with special effects,
but i think most ghosts do look kinda smokey,

Last edited by Dragonathan on Fri May 04, 2007 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:39 pm 
Master
Master

a lot of Jap horror is garbage though so much of it is such garbage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:55 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well I cant prove, believe nor not believe that certain things in this world exist, ghosts are one of those. I prefer to keep that question unanswered as it atleast brings a little mystery to life on this boring planet. Besides, if we knew the answer to the question, where is the fun in horror games if you know its happening right where you are? Horror games get thier thrill from mystery and fear - knowing it is right there beside you eventually gets you used to the idea thus it is nolonger scary - remember the Roswell incident and all the ranting about aliens during those days in the 60 and 70s - people were paranoid but now we know that aliens havent really landed and it isnt really a big deal at all. Same thing with ghosts.