All times are UTC

Post subject: TCe wont close.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:52 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

after playing TCe, the TCe screen wont close when im using 1024 by 768 resolution, it only closes when i choose a allot lesser resolution, but if i have used the 1024 768 resolution the TCe window wont close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:07 pm 
High Master
High Master

Not sure 100% on what your trying to say, but I've had a problem with ET closing down in the past, but thats when I had an out dated video card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:40 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
Not sure 100% on what your trying to say, but I've had a problem with ET closing down in the past, but thats when I had an out dated video card.

really? bought this 128mb vid card last year, do i really need to buy a better vid card?
ive recently bought a ps3, dont have any money left for 2 months,

darn...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:04 am 
High Master
High Master

128 mb video card doesn't say much. I could have a 128 mb Voodoo 3d, which sucks nowa days. Or It could be a 128 mb geforce 7600, which isn't bad.

If you don't know what type of card it is, you can tell me a rought price you paid, and I will have an idea of what type it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:08 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

dont know, my brother bought it for me, im more a console man, he does all the technical computer stuff for me,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:10 am 
High Master
High Master

Well if you really care, you can right click on the desktop, goto properties, and then settings. At the settings template it will say your monitor type, then the video card.

Example, Dell 1024 on a Gefroce MSI 5500

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:24 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ATI RADEON 9200 128 MB

now cut to the case, how do i fix the problem, TCe wont shut down, sometimes it does shut down and sometimes not. this problem only occurs if i have my resolution on 1024 * 768. i a very huge monitor screen and i want the screen to fit perfectly to my monitor, unless i change this monitor with the monitor from my room, but playing on smaller screens makes things less immersive, so that why i necessarily want to be able to use the 1024 * 768 resolution with out any issue's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:45 am 
High Master
High Master

Well the card is old, quite old, and that might be the case, however, a friend of mine used a card slightly worse than yours and doesn't have this issue. When I had this problem with ET is was using a very old card.

IDK if your PC has PCI:E, AGP or just plain ol PCI, but if you get the money and feel like it, ask your bro what type of ports you have for Video cards.

If its PCI:E then your in luck, agp and aint bad, but they are limited, and if its PCI, sorry, but you can't get much better than what you have now.

If you want to try and fix the problem, you can get a geforce 5500 or a radeon 9600 for about 40-60 bucks, those come in AGP and PCI. Thats about the best PCI can get.

If you can spend about 100 bucks, you can find a geforce 7600 or 6800, which preform about the same, or a ATI X1650, which are decent, but I'd go with geforce at that price range. With those video cards you can run oblivion and Fear at mid/low settings.

If you can get 200 bucks then you can get a very decent PCI:E card, and run most games at high settings, however, not very high on the latest games like stalker.

Since you don't know much about PC hard ware I would suggest consulting your brother before you do any thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:50 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
If you can get 200 bucks then you can get a very decent PCI:E card, and run most games at high settings, however, not very high on the latest games like stalker.

id rather buy games for my ps3 for 200 bucks. me spending 200 for computer parts will unlikely happen, my ps3 owns all 200 dollars worth graphic cards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:00 pm 
High Master
High Master

The Geforce 8800 is twice as strong as the video card in the ps3. Problem is, if you stuck a geforce 8800 in your it will not be as good as your ps3 because your ram and processor aint as good.

ATI's new card is spossed to be wicked bas ass too. However, you'd have to upgrade your whole system to get everything from it. (This is the first time I'm looking forward to see ATI's new video cards, AMD bought them, and I'm hoping AMD fixes em up)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:14 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
ATI's new card is spossed to be wicked bas ass too. However, you'd have to upgrade your whole system to get everything from it.

if i upgrade my whole system than it would be basicly more expensive than my ps3, so in otherwords, im better off with my ps3, cause my ps3 allready has a great system, even beyond great, its using future technology,

so im planning to use this pc another 2 or 3 years. :D
btw big chance i can keep my brother's duo core laptop anyways,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:20 am 
High Master
High Master

Processors are hardly the issue when it comes to FPS, its the video card and ram that you need to worry about. A problem with lap tops is their batteries can't keep a good video card running for long, so you have a limit on video cards, and thus FPS.

Processors don't pull to much weight in gaming, the games that eat up processors are games like Elder Scrolls Oblivion, RTS, and simulation games.

EDIT: If you want a pc that will last a few years, I would say don't worry about changing your at all right now, because PC are going into a new generation, which is beyond PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii, and with in a year or two it will be there. So save your money and wait till they have budget cards for the geforce 8000 series.