All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Katrina
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:33 pm 
Master
Master

i just want to know why after the hurricane katrina why are only black families stuck in the dome? is it because they're poor? is it because you american "people" are still racist *I <3 the cawk*?

Post subject: Re: Katrina
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:08 am 
Master
Master

flyhead(cn) wrote:
i just want to know why after the hurricane katrina why are only black families stuck in the dome?

Really? If you really want to know why are you asking here?

flyhead(cn) wrote:
is it because they're poor?

Certainly statistically it has a lot to do with people that are the victims of other avoidable natural and environmental disasters; poor people are less economically mobile hence less geographically mobile, they're often totally subsistance invested where they reside and can't afford to move, ie, they starve and die if they do, or suffer more hardship then is worth the effort.

flyhead(cn) wrote:
is it because you american "people" are still racist *I <3 the cawk*?

Do you honestly think most Americans are homosexal and that homosexual people are defacto racist?

Perhaps if you were to make the effot look at the U.S. Census Data for the effected areas you get more informed answers to the provocative and ignorant questions you seem to be parroting from the media...

Δ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:23 am 
Master
Master

lol the *I <3 the cawk* bit was a lil over the top..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:51 am 
Master
Master

No harm done; I just see the media psyching people up to eat each other alive and it pisses me off... Is there raceism in how things are being dealt with? Always... Do poor people suffer more then the rich folk? Obviously to any honest person...

I don't want to trivialize those issues for a minute, but, even the poorest, that are dealt the worst hand in luck and human fairness in our country have more opportunity and live like kings and queens compared to 90% of the people living and dieing on this planet.

I don't want to trivialize anyone's plight, race, sexuality, or misfortune in saying that -- but there is a bright side to all the tragedy along the Gulf Coast: these people will have somewhere else to go, and get help -- the vast majority of humanity ends up to their neck in such misfortune for the rest of their short and difficult lives and is completely ignored and forgotten...

Hard to believe this is the year 2005...

Δ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:29 am 
Master
Master

:| :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:17 am 
Master
Master

Didn't mean to sound so preachy, or step on any toes either...

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:29 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

hoak wrote:
Didn't mean to sound so preachy, or step on any toes either...

:?

I feel your post was quite accurate, actually. America is actually little different than any other country, despite what many would have you believe. Money speaks louder than any voice here, and a man come into wealth or born into will always be considered "better" than those that scrape and bend their entire lives to put enough food on the table to keep their families alive.

I cheer for the work that is going on to relieve the people stranded and homeless there. And I don't refer to what our resplendant government is doing, i'm referring to what the private citizens are accomplishing. That, at least, is something America is very good at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:55 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I agree, Americans (the citizens) are very giving people for the most part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:36 am 
Master
Master

what has happened to new orleans?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:12 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

flyhead(cn) wrote:
what has happened to new orleans?

It is currently being pumped out. There are some areas where they have managed to get the water gone completely, and others that are still under many feet of it. The really bad news is that they are pumping the water (which is filled with raw sewage, oil, gas and other contaimenants) into the nearby lake, which they also use for drinking water.

The area is an environmental disaster area, and it doesn't look as if it will be easilly livable in anytime soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:15 am 
Master
Master

is it true the water is so filled with bacteria that corpses are strewn about the streets? oh my god.. i feel so sorry for those ppl.... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:25 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Without people, the sewage is enough to create the bacteria....

This was a disaster waiting to happen since the 1800's and even the 1700's... keep building levee's around an area which was marsh, the marsh inside the levee's dry out, compact, sink, and sink, and sink, and so on....

not saying it was a matter of happening but when, and this was not a direct hit. Wait till the next one.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]