All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: More mindless banter to keep the forum alive.....
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:01 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Just got the 360 Controller for my PC yesterday, and I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed. The difference in using it over using my other cheap Pelican controller (that looks like a 3rd-party Playstation controller :?) is extremely apparent.
I first tried it out on the super-realistic racing sim "Live For Speed" (which is virtually unplayable without analog steering, braking, and gas) and I was amazed at the precision I could get in the steering. You know how you can move the analog stick just a teeny bit in all directions before you (seemingly) start feeling the analog in use? Well that tiny little radius is actually sensed in-game, and in order to keep your car stable at high speeds, you must keep the stick from moving even the slightest bit.
I was going like 150 one time, let my thumb relax a bit, and my car started getting loose and wobbling! I don't even know if theres an official 360 game that utilizes the analog sticks to that level (which I have to say is disappointing).
Well, after LFS I tried playing Smash Bros on my N64 emu (if saying this is crossing the line then plz tell me and I'll remove it) and I found myself, for the first time, enjoying it more than I did using the original N64 contoller (no other pc gamepad ever felt quite right). It actually improved my game, and I started pwning big time. 8)

IMO the 360 controller is the true pentacle of perfection when it comes to game controllers (I'm not comparing it to the Wii, mind you, I'm talking about traditinal game controllers).
Sure the PS3 has the "SixAxis"... OOOOOoooo.....
But the 360 controller rocks as a console controller AND a PC gamepad, so 360 Con FTW.

If you guys have any racing games, platformers, or emulators, I highly suggest you go pick up the 360 Con QUICK, it's worth every penny. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:01 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I've been meaning to grab a gamepad for my PC. thanks for the reccomendation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:20 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Ill probably get a graphic tablet - I need that more that a gamepad or a joystick. I wonder how games will play using one of those. :?: :?: Ill prolly make more headshots as I am left handed and I use my right hand for a mouse ~ technically my left hand if more pinpoint accurate. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:21 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
I am left handed and I use my right hand for a mouse...

Well small world, I'm left-handed too. :P
Only thing is I have learned to adapt to certain right-handed things like using a mouse, shifting in a car, and writing (but only because they taught me to write before I understood that I was left-handed), but other things like throwing things and using a fork I have to use my left hand (you should see me try and throw with my right hand, it's not pretty).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:02 am 
High Master
High Master

You should see me throw with my left hand, it's not pretty either.

then again..........

me throwing at all is not pretty =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:32 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

strangely enough on a black board I write better with my right hand, and when throwing stuff my right hand can do it better ~ obviously not accurate but it goes further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I'm ambidextrous: I can write poorly with both hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:35 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well thats a new way to defining the term 8)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]