All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:57 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

it wrote:
plus, if you get a TV card for your PC, not only do you get a PC, but you also get a PVR.

Yes, but not all of us like saving money and being efficient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:02 pm 
High Master
High Master

Saving money is for wussies, and so is logic. Thats why I am going to buy a PC 360 and a PS3. (Me thinks the wii is teh only one worth its money.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:29 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the playstation has games that i really like. and dont forget that in europe having a playstation is a must have for most people here.

and the ps3 is efficient, you dont have to pay to play online and sony is offering allot of free updates,

most of my favourite games are playstation games so why should i go for pc or wii.. or 360...?

i cant buy something that doesnt have games that i like to play with,
my intrest for gaming doesnt lie in PC, all i want to do is insert the CD and play with out configuring the settings, all i want is the standard settings, because i dont wanna put any effort in changing the settings and stuff, i play games to have fun not to find out why something suddenly doesntwork or why something is suddenly crashing like an exe. erorr,. and you dont have to tell how easy you think it is, i dont care, i find it playing games on PC a bit too time consuming, but thats my opinion.

and forgive me that im simple minded and not a computer geek, and forgive me if i prefer consoles over pc's, but i stand firm to my opinion about PC's and consoles, and if i made allot of typo's than dont mind because i havent slept 2 days, and my eyes see's things hazy, its like i just smoked weed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:42 am 
Expert
Expert

the main reason ps3 costs over a thousand (which is gaming pc level) is cause of blu ray, which is ridiculously expensive, but what kind of gaming pc could u buy for 1000 with a blu ray drive

answer- a really shitty one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:07 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
if i made allot of typo's than dont mind because i havent slept 2 days, and my eyes see's things hazy, its like i just smoked weed.

Then go take a freaking nap! :shock:
I'll see you when your coherent....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:35 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the big question is below:

if you hate PC games, then why are you on a PC gaming forum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:10 pm 
High Master
High Master

Quote:
the playstation has games that i really like. and dont forget that in europe having a playstation is a must have for most people here.

Your form Europe? Thats strange. You had a ping of 50ish on my clan server a week back. No matter how fast your connection is, its not possible to have a ping of 50ish on a server in central America, when you live in Europe. You can get off with a decent ping on a US server if yo live in Europe, when the server is in New York.(People from the states with good connections get 50ish ping if they're are far from the server.) I play with plenty of Euro players, and best ping I've seen from a man from Europe on our clan server was 120-1500ish.

Don't say you have an uber connection, because data can only travel so fast (Cable connections are faster because they can send more data at once than a phone line. Not because the data goes faster.). T1 T2 T3 connections are simply the from a whole block of telephones, which is quite high. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Signal_1. Now if you have a satellite connection then your connections for video games should will be bad. Satellites can send information fast, however, they send information to a few places before they meet their arrival area. At every stop the data has to be read, then sent. Satellite connections can have a very high bandwidth, so surfing web sites and downloading goes fast. However, in a game where data has to be transfered constantly, its not so great. (I know, I had a satellite internet for a while, and it download wicked fast, but my ping was high in games. The problem is the delay between the two locations.)

So I hope you were on vacation, because if not then your internet has to be evil Russian technology that will one day destroy the world.

EDIT: I'm willing to accept that maybe I miss read your ping, but it still puts me a spot where me thinks you may just be lying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:26 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

it wrote:
the big question is below:

if you hate PC games, then why are you on a PC gaming forum?

Tis' a questions for great minds to ponder. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:00 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Dang it I thought PS3 was on the computer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:30 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

JesusFreak wrote:
Dang it I thought PS3 was on the computer.

Yeah, that title is lol.... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:32 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Everyone cut it out. The fact that linux can be ran on a PS3 makes no difference for those who do not wnat the PS3. It is the persons choice, if you want to spend $700 on a PS3, that isnt my problem or anyone else's problem.

Face it there are PC gamers and there are console games, we all have our budgets and expenses.

Now unless this thread resumes discussion about Linux running on the PS3 (and the arguement of PC versus console continues) this thread will be locked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:14 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

*goes back on track then*

the only problem my sleep-ddeprived self can think of about linux on the PS3 is the fact that it's RedHat. great for advanced users, but otherwise...

and linux on consoles really isn't that new. you can do it on the PS2, and a few other ones have been sucesfully modded, and I'm pretty sure you can do it on the xbox/360 (should be as simple as doing the windows mod for them, then putting in a linux boot disk. I"m 100% sure that the BI/OS uses the drive first.)

it's a selling point, but it's not enough to make me want to shell out a ton of cash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:18 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Biggest problem is, consoles use different hardware from PCs, meaning even you can install the OS on the console, you dont have the drivers to use the OS and the hardware together. You would have to program them yourself. Believe me, driver programming isnt something anyone learns in a few years by reading a book or taking lessons because they dont teach that just like that. Plus not everyone can do that espacially on a RedHat operating system which is a high level OS that does not make programming the OS optional but actually requires it - believe me I have Redhat.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2