All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:18 am 
High Master
High Master

My 6 year old cousin can work a pc perfectly fine, she installs her games, sets the configurations and dances with glee every time she gets every thing running.

Now my controller, dual shock with built in fans to cool my hand (I never sue them). It has a macro function, the analog controllers work great. I play ps2 games, along with xbox and game cube games, the controller is responsive. USB has a very high bandwidth and can function as well too better than console controllers. My controller has the same design like the PS controller, except it has more buttons (Two more that can be hit by my pinkies). Furthermore, PC allow joy sticks, and a wide selections of steering wheels. I see steering wheels for consoles, but not any good ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:19 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

True, I guess SONY should have thought twice about making an expensive console before entering the console war.

It wasn't ass kissing. It's called stating the truth.

Me, PC man? Way off, I use my pc for my art. I don't have a gaming rig. Wish I did. FPS. Im more into racing games but I do play FPS on console. Topdown? I hate topdown games. I grew up on consoles and not the PC. Looks like you mis read that one. First one was an Atari 2600. thats what got me hooked. That and the NES.

It took me 15 mins. to make an adapter for my xbox controller for pc and configure it with the few games I play. 4 hrs. :roll:

OMG, Super Man 64. I remember renting that game and wondering why my eyes were bleeding. That game is awful.

TC:E name- 8_Bit_Brad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:25 am 
High Master
High Master

I think this generation of consoles the xbox 360 will be the ps2 of laster gen, the ps3 will be the box of last gen, and the wii will be that other system you buy because its just so gosh darn fun.

The ps2 was the weakest out of the xbox, GC, and PS2. However it did the best because of its exclusive titles. However, this time around ps3 doesn't have some many exclusives. Armored core is going to be on the xbox 360 and ps3. RE5 will be multi platform. Even Squarenux is making more games out side of the PS family.

It does pain me to admit it, but the play station is slowly dieing, and don't expect to see a ps4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:40 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
My 6 year old cousin can work a pc perfectly fine, she installs her games, sets the configurations and dances with glee every time she gets every thing running.

Now my controller, dual shock with built in fans to cool my hand (I never sue them). It has a macro function, the analog controllers work great. I play ps2 games, along with xbox and game cube games, the controller is responsive. USB has a very high bandwidth and can function as well too better than console controllers. My controller has the same design like the PS controller, except it has more buttons (Two more that can be hit by my pinkies). Furthermore, PC allow joy sticks, and a wide selections of steering wheels. I see steering wheels for consoles, but not any good ones.

you forgot something, on consoles you dont have to change your controller settings at all, on consoles you dont have to install anything to be able to play a game,

there isnt 1 single game where i can play directly without changing the settings, and i have to change settings for evry single game on pc, very "time consuming"

now i can sense some positivity comming from your post,
Quote:
Im more into racing games but I do play FPS on console.

1.if you play racing games than you have to admit that playstation has better race games than any other consoles, infact you havent even commented the ps3's formula1 game i posted on the first post.

and secondly, FPS on console? bad thing, unless you have a mouse controller, by the way im glad PS3 will support usb, so when i get my ps3 i can plug in my keyboard and mouse and play FPS games "on a console"

8_bit_brad wrote:
It took me 15 mins. to make an adapter for my xbox controller for pc and configure it with the few games I play. 4 hrs.

sure... i can configure a controller in 5 minutes, but my point is, the "ideal/perfect personal setting" is hard to configure, like the sensitivity of your analog... the dead zone stuff like that, im a perfectionist, i want evry millimeter to be set perfectly, and thats really time consuming, thats the reason why it caused me more than 4 hours to configure the controller, im not talking about the keys and stuff is those speed and sensitivity settings,

Superman games always suck, but i think it will look better in the year 2040 or something, because superman sepose to have allot of freedom like flying through the whole world and flying into space, the current technology isnt capable of making that possible "yet",...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:00 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Yes, F1ce does look good.

I like xbox racing games better. Don't get me wrong ps2 has its great racing games. i prefer racing games on PC but I don't have a good system for new games such as rFactor.

I like pc fps controls more but I do just fine with FPS on console.

For knowing so much about the console gaming world you should already know about this XFPS
They also have one for original xbox.

If you were not so picky with controls, It would only take 5 seconds to set up a controller for pc. Just cuz you're picky with it doesn't mean everybody else is.

I played the new super man demo on the 360. it was decent, Nothing I would fork out 50-60 bucks for. It was fun for about 20 mins. it was def better than the 64 version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:08 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

8_Bit_Brad wrote:
For knowing so much about the console gaming world you should already know about this XFPS

yes i know that, something like that was also available on on the first playstation, infact my brother played command and Con... with a mouse on the ps1.

thats why i said "unless you have a mouse controller for your console".

oh have you ever tried gran turismo? the best ps race game, if you like race games than you know that gran turismo beats evry race game, pro racing drivers play gran turismo,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:24 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Yes, I'v played GT. Spent many days playing GT. I loved GT. I just prefer xbox racing games, such as Forza, PGR, RalliSport 1 & 2. I also love TOCA 3 for xbox. Yes, I know its for ps2 but I played it over live and xbox live is better than ps2 online.

you never said "unless you have a mouse controller for your console"
you said "so when i get my ps3 i can plug in my keyboard and mouse and play FPS games "on a console" You made it sound as if a mouse and keyboard have never been on a console until the ps3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:43 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

8_bit_brad wrote:
you never said "unless you have a mouse controller for your console"

read:
Dragonathan wrote:
and secondly, FPS on console? bad thing, unless you have a mouse controller, by the way im glad PS3 will support usb, so when i get my ps3 i

8_bit_brad wrote:

xbox live is better than ps2 online.

well when i play online on ps2 i have no difficulties or issue's, and you know what... playing online on a playstation is free<----

thats why i like playstation, and also playstation is offering allot of free stuf like ps3's upgrade to improve ps2's visuals:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... 2&type=wmv
and for free, funny though allot of 360 owners complain about it on the comment section lol, so funny how could they complain about something 1.they dont own, 2. something that the ps3 owners can download for "free", maybe they pissed that sony gives more free stuff than microsoft?

microsoft sucks because you have to pay $ for evry upgrade on the 360, you really have to pay for allot of things on the 360, wich i dont like also 1 of the main the reasons why i sold my xbox360.

8_bit_brad wrote:

You made it sound as if a mouse and keyboard have never been on a console until the ps3.

huh!? i was just trying to say that im happy that im able to use my keyboard and mouse on the ps3 usb plugins.

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
It does pain me to admit it, but the play station is slowly dieing, and don't expect to see a ps4. [/color]

you judge a console when its just been released?
all i have to say is this, wait when ps3 will be released in europe, it will be booming, and wait for the upcomming exclusive titles. by the way Blu Rays allready concuered japan... and trust me folks... japan isnt just a country, "JAPAN leads the electronic market" and dont forget that blu ray disc games are very advanced. Kojima "Dev of MGS4" said that he prefers MGS4 on a blu ray disc than on HD dvd disc. because he finds 25GB too small for MGS4,

the most importent part that people seem to forget is that ps2"the 6 year old console" is still selling....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:20 am 
Expert
Expert

yes blu ray has already conquered japan.

you ever heard the story "the boy who cried wolf"

il tell you a variant, its called "the dragonathon who cried lots about ps3"

he found out about this thing called youtube, and since he knew nothing about videogames in general, searched for ps3. he thought he learnt a select few facts and decided to share them with the world. he also did the same thing with certain really crappy gaming websites and blogs. The problem was, because nearly every time he was totally incorrect, everyone took for granted that everything he posted was ps3 fanboy propaganda. And so if dragonathan ever does post something useful, it will be too late as everyone will take it for lies anyway

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:33 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

just a question... when someone likes something does that make him a fanboy? like i like scarlet johanson,
but when i say that monica balucci is more sexier and better doest that make me a fanboy of monica balucci? :roll:

and again do your research if you dont believe me, www.google.com
find info about blu rays.

somehow i think you are anti playstation like allot of people in here, people that are anti about something are always trying to be negative about it, always posting a comment with zero positivity, being 100% negative and never showing a little sign of positivity = fanboyism.

hobocop wrote:
and since he knew nothing about videogames

trust me ive been playing old 8bit video games before you were born son...
enjoyed nintendo and i enjoyed playing mario, but playing those old concepts nowadays would be laughable for me since there are plenty of other games to play that have improved, nintendo keeps making those old concepts, thats why i think nintendo needs some revamping. <--- just saying that because im trying to make you understand that you dont have to keep defending nintendo"like you always do" evrytime i critisize nintendo, im not doing it out of hate, im giving my "own" opinion and i would be happy to buy a new nintendo product if they would stop making gimmicky's and crap that cant even be called a "game"

Last edited by Dragonathan on Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:15 pm 
High Master
High Master

My controller is plug and play dude. I change the button layout on my ps2 and xbox games. Because most of the time I don't like how the developers set up the button lay out. Nothing is installed on my PC so that I can us my controller. All I have to do is plug it in. Dragonathan, I rarely see any one have difficulty with a PC, unless they are mentally challenged, old or missing a few fingers. Even the most preppiest people know how to work a PC because they are intuitive and simple. Want to install something, hit next until the progress bars finish, then hit next until finish comes up. It's that simple. Want to install hard ware, then put it ni the proper slot or hook it up to the proper wire. You know which one is the proper one because only the right type can fit in the right spot. If you can't work a pc, then I implore you to follow the instructions next time you can't find out what to do. Just following the instructions once, for any program or hard ware, will give you a very good idea on how to do every thing else.

I can install a video card in under 5 minutes. I can add a DVD burner in under 5 minutes. I can install a game, and configure it to my liking in 5 minutes two and hour (Some games install fast, some slow). Hell, I put my PC to gather and begin to installed windows in about an hour, and it was my very first time putting a PC to gather. If you follow the simple instructions, then you should be able hook up anything to your PC in no time. Or install any program. Also, you can play console games on your PC (Not legally of course), but if you felt so inclined, you can make a PC that can run Xbox 360 games smoothly. And sooner or later there will be one for the PS3 as well. (AMD's 4*4 should make a good substitute for the cell processor).

And btw dragon, PC games get modded, something that a console cannot do. I have Half Two, and plenty of fun mods. TC:E is a mod, one that you play. Now, show me a decent mod of MGS or GT4. You can't can you? Because console don't allow a game to be modded, which keeps the game fun.

P.s. Diane is hotter than Monica Balucci and Scarlet Johnson, there's just something about a nurse with an AK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
[color=violet]My controller is plug and play dude. I change the button layout on my ps2 and xbox games. Because most of the time I don't like how the developers set up the button lay out. Nothing is installed on my PC so that I can us my controller. All I have to do is plug it in. Dragonathan, I rarely see any one have difficulty with a PC, unless they are mentally challenged, old or missing a few fingers. Even the most preppiest people know how to work a PC because they are intuitive and simple. Want to install something, hit next until the progress bars finish, then hit next until finish comes up. It's that simple. Want to install hard ware, then put it ni the proper slot or hook it up to the proper wire. You know which one is the proper one because only the right type can fit in the right spot. If you can't work a pc, then I implore you to follow the instructions next time you can't find out what to do. Just following the instructions once, for any program or hard ware, will give you a very good idea on how to do every thing else.

it isnt about how to, its about that it waste my time even if its just 5 minutes to get your settings right, and im not an idiot i know how a computer works, i build websites create my own codes,

but my point is that it easier to play games on a console than on a pc,
and yes i like pre-configured settings, because pre-configured settings are usually the best default settings because its been tested by the developers and adapted to the game,

consoles are more for the people who just wants have fun for a while, not for people that are behind their computers the whole day playing games the whole day, thats why it doesnt allow you to mod games, unless you the actual dev., i know someone that has the dev tool/kit though,

consoles arent ment to play on evryday, thats what pc's are for therefor its more functional.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:52 pm 
High Master
High Master

Casual gamer, full time gamer, and lazy ass gamer. It doesn't matter. PC's are simple to use. I play RTS games casually, I play for maybe 30 minutes before I do something else. I only play Star ocean and Xenosaga for rpgs, neither of which are casual gaming. I play TC:E for short periods of time. The only difference I see that most people will have with a pc not being casual is no couch. However, my tv supports S video, and my video card has an S video out put. So I can play while sitting on my couch listen to The Sounds and play TC:E with Dolby 5.1 surround sound. I use a track ball mouse so I don't need a place to move my mouse around (Yes I am a nerd).

Now, why should I get a PS3 when my PC can run the games I want? I play TC:E, FEAR, HL2 and its many many mods, and War Hammer, Dawn of War. There are no interesting games coming out for the PS3 other than MGS and kill zone.

Thanks to PC's, some one can mod a bad game, and make it good. Look at the TC:E community. Every one here wants a tactical shooter. Now how much have they changed ET to make TC:E? The people who like TC:E are more likely not to be the type of people who like to play ET. Matter o fact, they are more likely to hate ET. However, those players are playing a mod of a game that they thought to be shitty. Now, I would like to see some one make MGS 2 a good game (And don't act like playing that panzy ass ridan was fun), but they can't can they? Because you can't mod a console game.

You play a mod, TC:E is a mod. You know how good mods can be, other wise you wouldn't be playing TC:E. If you got half life 2, you'd find your self in a whole world of unique mods for HL2, some of them even have innovative gaming. (Look at Gary's mod, I once had a lan party, and the objective in Gary's mod during the part was to build a bridge across a canyon. And each team had 1 guy with a rocket launcher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:07 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

what is a console?

to find this out, we must go to their roots.

/me steps into time machine

set your dials to 1972...

Magnavox odyssey. had a few games and all that jazz, but it was still new, and fun. it was also the start of nintendo in video gaming, as they distributed it in japan starting in 1975. shifting from the long-running toy business, into electronics.

go forward a few months, and in comes the arcade version of the classic of classics, PONG. in 1976, sears bought the rights to be the eclusive seller of the new home version, and the video gaming revolution had started.

fast forward to the next major leap. done by atari, the 2600 (originally, the atari VCS, or Video Computer System) was the first non-dedicated console. it boasted state-of the art graphics, and a full 128 bytes of RAM, along with a 1.28 megahertz processor. it was rad! it had such amazing games as pitfall and donkey kong

a few years later, in walked the atari 5200. it was a decent system. equivalent to an atari 400 computer, it had a full 4 kB of RAM.
4 kilobyes! that's amazing!
but wait.

it was marketed as being compatable with atari 2600 games. but it was not. only after a release of an adapter would it properly play all games for it's predecessor. in the end, it was surpassed by the colecovision, but it's sucess was not to last.

dateline: 1983.

in walk computer systems like the commodore 64.
it was affordable, powerful, and educational too, even though it still had games for it.

it was the video game industries worst nightmare.

it rivaled the colecovision and the atari systems, who both were seeing a decline of quality games.

why buy a console with games that are substandard when you can buy a computer with the same specs for the same price, that can do EVEN MORE

the consumers were smart. they picked the things that could do more, and had upgradability, for the same price as what didn't.

but, wait, what is that. is it's christ's second coming? is he here to save the video game industry?

close.

it was the NES. the major companies, especially atari, had a chance to fight again. after the initial turbulence, there was a godsend. atari was offered exclusive rights to distribute the NES in america! the japanese hit gaming machine could have made them millions.

but they missed the bus. According to gamespy, this was the dumbest moment in video gaming history. period.

the deal fell through. millions of dollars down the drain for atari. yes, super pitfall may have still sucked on the Nintendo Enhanced Video System, but atari would be back on thier feet.

eventually, the NES led the way for modern systems. after years of being on top with the NES, and the newly released SNES and NES2 (NES 2 was a sleeker, cheaper, and all-around better version of the NES) they were on top of the world.

and now we shift our attention from the giants, to the smaller players.

atari, crippeled by thier NES failure, tried to find a new way to get on thier feet.
enter: the Jaguar.
a revolutionary 64-bit system, it was the first that could handle disks AND supported full 3D standard. but noone wanted to make things for it. it had low amounts of RAM.

according to the then atari CEO, the jaguar was better than the playstation, except in some areas, where the playstation was
Quote:
a little, little bit more powerful

ataris casket was now closed. not only was the jaguar less than powerful, it also had a high price tag, equivalent to $800 today. compared to other consoles, it was a complete and total flop.

the playstation was an awesome machine, boasting CD quality music, and later, revolutionary controllers with TWO, count 'em, TWO analog sticks.
on the other hand
the nintendo 64 was the last cartridge driven console. Nintendo, caring about the players, opted to hold on to carts because of short loading times ,if there even were any.

later, in came the playstation 2, gamecube, and the new kid on the block, the xbox.

we all know what happens here. nintendo decides to compete, but get thier ass kicked, the xbox and PS2 are both neck-and-neck, but the PS2 was lower end.

with only 32 MB of RAM, it had only half of the xbox.

and now, we arrive home.

IMO, the PS3 is looking like the atari jaguar. it's revolutionary, yes, but we're not ready for it. the next generation will boast MUCH more powerful machines, rendering the PS3 obsolete.

Kaz made a big mistake when he proclaimed defiantly that the PS3 would stand tall, at the head of it's class, for years.

because of this, I predict sony will spend time making the PS3 more affordable, and easier to produce, and not spend on research for the PS4.

the next xbox will surpass the PS3 for SURE, and the next nintendo console might even pass it.

the bottom line:

in history, if a console was expensive, had poor games, and buggy backwards compatability when it boasted full, it would be a bomb. the PS3 is starting to show these traits. along with ensisting that they don't need to research a PS4 right now, and having 1/2 of the industry-standard amount of RAM, the PS3 is setting itself up for a letdown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:19 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Consoles are not meant to play on everyday. Are you serious right now?

Dev kits are not that hard to find (the illegal ways). With the new XNA for 360 anybody can develop games. Now get ready for a rip off of XNA made by sony. It will be free, but it will be trash. Free shit is the only thing keeping the ps3 alive right now. Nintendo, should not be worried about a revamping. Sony should be worried about a revamping. They have made a very bad rep for the Sony name this past year.

Sony online is garbage compared to live. Once again do a little research. The only people that like Sony online over live are Sonyfanboys.

You have to quit denying the facts. Thats why everybody here gets pissed at you. You deny everything somebody says, even when it is true. When somebody tells you a suggestion can't be done you continue to bitch about it. How about you go get some game developing tools, you can practice on modding games. Then you can learn the ins and out outs of a certain game. Then when somebody says it can't be done, but you know it can. Then you can bitch all you want. You could also get a 3d program and make your own tce models. But then again you would prolly still complain about them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next