All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Linux will run PS3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:43 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Lunux Fedora for the ps3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZXcuhJk ... h_response

awesome... well you guys know what this will mean... TC:e on PS3 wooooooooooot!!

f.ck windows. Linux is better!!

Last edited by Dragonathan on Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Linux will run PS3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:03 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ohh and for those who disagree...
windows XP for the PS3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Ecr8tWetI

oh man.. i see a very bright future for the ps3, infact ps3 is worth the money, infact is cheaper than PC, infact it pawns all the other consoles.

LALAAAAAAAAALALALAAAAAAA :twisted:

oh this a bonus:
FREE INTERNET FOR THE PS3....... :twisted:

P.S. and the linux and XP are free too... FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:57 am 
Expert
Expert

you cant get free windows xp on a ps3 unles u illegally instal it, and since sony is so awesome at wanting ure money that will undoubtably void any chance of playing ps3 online.

oh and the linux you run is a ps3 specific that CANNOT RUN ANY GAMES (unless of course you illegally *i-need-a-broader-vocab* it up, which i doubt you dragonathan can)

just watched the xp video-note it took 15 minutes to boot up due to ps3s awesome ram capabilities. my pc can boot up in <20 seconds.

try again pawner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:12 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yes the window loading was slow because XP is indeed kinda illegal so its not official, duhh it is sony's rival lol... but fun to see sony's product using MS's product.

the Linux Fedora has a special version wich is programmed specificly for the ps3 and yes you can play games on it you can get emulators and stuff, its so simple to do., windows XP however wasnt programmed for the ps3 thats why it is slow,

but still... you are still able to use XP, 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:25 am 
Expert
Expert

and your point is? if you want to spend $700 on an unstable linux pc with emulated snes games, go ahead.

i bought a 360 last weak, rainbow 6 vegas online is pretty much tce taken to the next level. oh and gears of war is un-fuckin-believable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:46 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

HoboCoP wrote:
and your point is? if you want to spend $700 on an unstable linux pc with emulated snes games, go ahead.

yes i think i will... because i have no problem in giving money to something that worth, GRAN TURISMO <-- my fave race game. thats probably the first ps3 game im gonna buy and MGS4 next <--- revolutionary features doesnt have that much features thats allready used in a particular game.

xbox360, tried to love it, but i have to pay for allot of things for xbox360, wich i dont like,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:37 pm 
High Master
High Master

Eh, why spend 700 dollars on a PS3 to run linux, when you can spend about that much money making an decent gaming PC?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:32 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
Eh, why spend 700 dollars on a PS3 to run linux, when you can spend about that much money making an decent gaming PC?

if sony would sell ps3 for the actual price you would have to pay more than 1000, they arent even selling the actual price they made it cheaper, so i dont understand why people say they only want the money,

so in other words the ps3 is cheap, i can buy a pc for 700 but the system wont be as good as the ps3, and i wont be able to play my favourite race game "Gran turismo"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:42 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

when the PS3 version of F2H or SETI@Home comes out, we'll see big overheating problems.

and I mean big.

plus, the PS3 has no bloody ram. you can barely get vista on it. it has 512 megs of ram. that is a fact. you may look it up. (my mothers old laptop from 8-10 years ago had half that, and it went obsolete 4 years ago.)

oh, and one racing game, woo hoo, that MORE than makes up for a massive lack of modifications, upgrades with new, fun stuff, and the ability to surf for pr0n as you download the next HL2:DM update and install gmod10, with some music in the background as you print some stuff and chat with a few friends on MSN, AIM, yahoo, OCQ, IRC and/or readong/posting in forums, all without a single problem.

plus, fedora blows. I've tried it, and it does. and I'm sorry, but I'm not waiting 15 minutes for XP to load. that's older than BOTH of my OBSOLETE COMPUTERS combined.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:33 pm 
High Master
High Master

Dude, every console is selling for less than the cost it takes to make it. Sony is just trying to make money, they are a company, and thats how they stay open. For around 700's you can get a pc that runs fear on max settings, oblivion on very high, and much much more.

It, just to clarify if you don't know, the speed of ram is important too, most people have pc3200, which is 400 mhz, the ps3 and xbox 360's ram is at over 1 gig clock speed. My brother and I have almost identical PC's, the only difference we ahve is he has a 3500 amd athlon 64 (I don't know the exact brand type, while mine is a 3500 amd athlon 64 venice core. Hardly a difference in performance. We both have 1 gig of ram, and the same brand of geforce 7600, however his ram is pc 3200 while mine is pc2400 (400 clock speed vs 133 clock speed) We have ours Dual channeled so his clock speed is at 800 mhz, and mines at 266. Even though are pc's are almost identical, his runs much more smoother than mine because of his faster ram (Not more, but faster). He can play fear max settings, I can run fear at mid settings, I run oblivion on lower/mid settings he plays oblivion on high/med settings. All over faster ram. However, it doesn't cost much to get 1 gig of fast ram.

P.S. Pc 360 and PS3 both have the same amount of ram.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:20 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

true, but the 360 is a year older than the PS3.

I think the bottom line here is that drago is a fanboy, and the PS3 is not necessarily the super-revolutionary thing it was made out to be.

also, I got my PC back in '03, and it came with 512 Mb of PC3200 RAM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:23 pm 
High Master
High Master

I most do. I got my PC in 2000, but it has been stripped down and rebuilt. The only thing left over is the old ass gig of ram and dvd drive. PS3's ram aint bad. Its the same as the Xbox 360's except the xbox 360 can share its video ram to the cpu, and vice versa (This makes load times go faster, and slow down heal faster). Where as the PS3 cannot.

Edit: ps3 not sharing ram is evident in Tony Hawk me tinks. (Or it ma be they didn't bother to try making it compatible with the cell)

Post subject: Re: Linux will run PS3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:10 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
awesome... well you guys know what this will mean... TC:e on PS3 wooooooooooot!!

It has been made very clear in many places that the PS3 can run the basics of Linux, but playing games on it would be nearly impossible (I"d quote a few places but I'm in class, and have limited time).
So you can just wave goodbye to TC:E for the PS3, it ain't gunna happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:16 pm 
High Master
High Master

why buy a ps3 to play TC:E on your TV, when all you need is HDTV with S video or component video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:28 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

plus, if you get a TV card for your PC, not only do you get a PC, but you also get a PVR.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next