All times are UTC

Post subject: interactive environment 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

im disappointed about the lack of interactiveness of the environment in 0.49,
in 0.48 i could shoot bottles and destroy it, in 0.49 the bullets dont even go through the bottles, it doesnt feel realistic, it feels more like decorations, i want to be able destroy allot of objects because that gives you that "real life feel"there are more things that i need to addres about the unrealistic things

example 1:
the bullet doesnt even hit the bottle, its unrealistic, what i suggest is something simple and what the wet engine is capable of, if you shoot at that bottle, it should be destroyed in small pieces, after the bottle is destroyed in small pieces, the small pieces should disappear just like when corpses disappear after a while. but thats more realistic than not being able to do nothing with the bottle.

example 2:
i dont know who designed that ugly ass volvo, but it doesnt fit with tc:e's style, evrything looks so flawless on that map except those ugly volvo cars, i suggest to get rid of it because it ruins the whole map design. and i cant even shoot the windows of that car, and the car looks just like a square object with car textures sticked on evry surface, it doesnt look like a real car,
and the windows of that truck above near the spawn of terrors in snow_town doesnt break either, im really confuse, you might think these are minor issue's, but it isnt really, especially when this game sepose to be realistic, and especially... if the wet engine is capable of making glass's break.

example 3:
the computer monitors in 0.49 are all fake and unrealistic, because if you shoot at the display of the monitor, it doesnt even break, devs are capable of making the monitor displays break into small pieces just like when you shoot at window glasses, so why not implement breakable displays on the monitors?

example 4:
this is not as importent as example 1,2, and 3, but it would be awesome if you could open some closets, just to make the map feel really alive, and to make decorations look more realistic, it would be awesome if you could open that closet, and pick up a shotgun or small pistol with ammo's, this should be a sort of a hidden secret on a map, its just an idea,

all the things i suggested is pure for the realism, i really like to play on a map where evrything is interactive, because its makes the gameplay more immersive and in makes things feel more alive.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:47 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

when it comes to having all windows and bottles and stuff destructable, it's a good idea, but it would cause lag, as each has to be marked as a destructable entity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:30 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

i like the idea of making the things in TC:E more realistic as in shooting bottles and they fall over (kinda like the stuff in HL2) but i also agree that it would cause lag and screw up ur gameplay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:15 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

in 0.48 i could shoot at bottles in village, i had no laggs or what so ever,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:10 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Remember Dragon they increased the details in the maps. So, having more details and all the little details you are talking about would prolly cause lag. Also, I think the Volvo is great considering its a low poly model. Its the best car model I have seen in TCE. I would like to see a parking lot map in TCE :)

TC:E name- 8_Bit_Brad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:02 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

8_Bit_Brad wrote:
I think the Volvo is great considering its a low poly model. Its the best car model I have seen in TCE.

are you kidding me???
compare that volvo with that fiat panda in stadrand,
the fiat panda looks way better...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:27 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the volvo looks good for a model with it's poly count. that's the point.

but, on the topic, a phhysics engine like in HL2/CS/DoD would be fun, but alas, all ET is capable of is gravity.

and though on a server alone you won't see lag, when you're playing against 15 people, breaking a window will cause a nice lag spike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:38 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Thank you it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:14 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

8_Bit_Brad said:

I would like to see a parking lot map in TC:E.

yea it would be interesting to see a map of nothing but a parking lot and lots of cars in it and suurrounded by buildings and stuff, but that would give an extra advantage to those bad ass snipers out there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:04 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ohh.. and you guys think that a parking lot with allot of cars wont cause laggs?
id rather see an interactive environment than a parking lot with allot of cars wich just time consuming for the modelers of TT because they would to need to model allot of different cars just for 1 particular map when they could create new maps,

trust me guys i know whats waste of time and whats not,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:50 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Ok, the parking lot map was more of a joke, hence the " :) ". I do believe it could be done though, depends on how many cars used. Also they would only need two or three cars tops, and just change the texture. Kind of like the dwarfs on level four and level six of "Eternal Death Slayer Three". Seems to me making everything interactive would take more time than modeling 2-3 cars and changing the textures.

Oh, and another thing, Dragon, have you ever developed something for a game? I'm not taking about ideas upon ideas. I'm talking about modeling, texturing, coding, anything of that sort. If not then "trust me" you don't know whats a waste of time and whats not.

How about a Parking Garage map :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:58 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

3 or 4 cars... wow... nothing special about that, its not really an imporvement boost on the project,

but interactive environment... now that an improvement boost, and the devs will also gain more skills if they could make the environment more interactive,

i know whats waste of time or not, yes i was involved in a game development,
know killzone? well i know 1 animator of kill zone, and he sometimes ask me for some advices for some new concept idea's, his name is nasrul, go check out the development team of killzone, you'll see his name.

and what happend to you? it looks like you've been infected by the "its... a... waste... of... time.... and... i want.... a.... new.... version..... and... i hate... dragon.... for... bringing.... up... new.... idea's...." zombies, :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:58 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

parking lot maps work. in SWAT3, my favorite map was the parking garage barricaded suspect. I"m sure that the cars could be re-used, but just have colors change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:43 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Thats what I meant by 2-3 cars tops. Re-using the same 2-3 cars just give them different textures. Never played SWAT3. I did play SWAT 1 back in the day. In fact its sitting right next to me. Can't believe I still own it. What is wrong with me.

Ok, Dragon, I stated that I wasn't talking about "IDEAS". I'm talking actual Development (Modeling, Texturing, Coding) Not suggestions or advice. So what if you know a guy who knows a guy. I asked about you.

And no I haven't been infected. I have nothing wrong with ideas and suggestions even if they are bad ones. Iv always said any input is good input. The problem with your input is its things that are not of dire need at the moment. IMO, the reason why everybody is sick of hearing your ideas is because if people say it can't be done you don't stop talking about it. I have nothing against you. Yes, you do have some great ideas. Hopefully when the time is right they do get implemented into TCE.

Quote:
3 or 4 cars... wow... nothing special about that, its not really an improvement boost on the project

I never said it would be an improvement boost on the project. I was simply stating that it could be done.

Also, you are correct. I do want a new version, but not once have I complained that its not here. I know what it takes to develop and I'm glad its not being rushed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 pm 
Master
Master

My question is can rag doll physics and destructible items like on CS:S be done with the WET engine?

What I mean by the destructible items is you have a model and you break it up into like four pieces. Every time you shoot it it breaks into smaller pieces. Instead of just breaking apart and then disappearing.

Man I wish I could code. LOL