All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:58 am 
High Master
High Master

Quote:
now back to that muscle theory,
if you say it its difficult to aim your barrel towards 12 o clock... than why is it easy to look at the iron sight with out any difficulties, the difference is that you hold your gun infront of your face instead of your chest,

Your arms are extended more when the gun is at your hip. The chest is a whole different set up. Hold something up to your chest and look at your supporting arm. Is it extended to the point where you bend it both ways to a reasonable degree? It may be at the chest, but not the hip. Dragonathan, I ask think before you post, you don't have to think hard. Also, read what the other person said, and make sure you understand where they are coming from. If not you don't, then you will make no improvement on the other persons stance.

If you got past an high school level education, then you should know that arguing, with out valid facts, or processing other peoples statements, is useless. When you give a different scenario for the same action, then it has no meaning.
[/u]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:16 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

im doing you guys a favour,

1 last time:

check this picture:

now the current hipaim/non iron aim/ position is an unrealistic position, if you were in a battle you would never hold your gun that low, in a combat you always have your gun in a ready to "shoot and aim" position,

the second man on that picture i showed is even holding his weopon too low, he should hold his gun more up, just above his heart, thats how soldiers would hold their weopon in a combat "unless the soldier is using a heavy machine gun",, so imagine those ET hipaim positions, way way too low,

the best thing the devs could do is re-model the gun positions of the ET models,

the hip aim position should be replaced with tc:e's iron sight position
example:

the iron sight aim gun position should be between the eyes and the nose
examples:

^now thats realism^,

is it possible? i dont know perhaps with MD4?
but all i have to say if the 2 gun positions "him/ironsight aims" are correct, than that would be an improvement boost, because if its possible to change the gun positions of the ET models, imagine what more the devs are capable of with the ET models, :shock:

Last edited by Dragonathan on Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:31 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

one thing, those two people look like total idiots. in fact, from the looks of things, they are simply lowering the barrel after using the sights.

the ONLY and I stress ONLY time you will hold a gin directly in front of you is when you are using a weapon with it's stock folded, or if it has a buttcap (which, FYI, reduces accuracy bigtime, and only has ANY advantage if you are thrown out of a plane and take fire on the way down) and if it is a folding stock model, you would unfold the stock immediately.

also, if you do fire from a folded stock, you will fire like the guy in this movie. you will use the sights anyway.

all I see you wanting a doom-style gun position for is a way to simplify hip-shooting, which at least imo, is already easier than it should be. if anything, I could see ironsights losing freeaim, and having hipshots have it instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:14 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

it wrote:
if anything, I could see ironsights losing freeaim, and having hipshots have it instead.

Yeah, that makes sense (I haven't installed .49b yet, but having freeaim from the hip would prolly be better).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:30 pm 
High Master
High Master

Dragonathan, I ask you to look at that mans torso. Is his chest in direct alignment with the gun?No, it is facing his right quite a bit. If you wanted to hold the gun at a 12 o clock position, the gun would be positioned on your sternum, the bone that the ribs meet at. In that pic, the guy has his body at a angle, and his head turned so he the toy is lined up. In truth, he is at his 1-2 o' clock, with his head turned. That gun is not facing forward to the body, it is facing forward to the face. When the gun is at your hip, and your running, it is not facing with your body, it is leaning to the arm that you do not favor.

To show you what 12 o clock is,

Please note how both is head, and chest are lined up facing forward.

In this next pic, please notice the body and head are not lined up facing forward.

Now, there is no problem to a man hold a gun at that position while moving slow. However, when running, you want your head and body facing the same direction. So, in tc:e the gun, while not at the shoulder, should be displaced to side a bit, because the gun isn't facing the 12 o clock.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3